E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Watches > Good Places for Information

03-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #1
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Good Places for Information

I notice more and more folks getting enthused about watches. I think that's wonderful and to facilitate folks' developing a good objective base of understanding I'm going to periodically post in this thread links to good resources I happen across on the WWW.

I'm doing this mostly because there're are lot of places to get bad and/or biased info, but the ones that just give you the facts are few and far between. Most of what one finds on many sites -- including a good portion of what one finds on reviewers' blogs -- is little more than a watch company's press release, sometimes written or re-written so sounds like the blogger wrote it, and sometimes not.

Interestingly enough Wikipedia is actually not a bad place to start for many things one wants to know, particularly brand and company info along with specific terminology.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:51 PM   #2
jspdr
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: X5

perhaps, you should write a book or create a web site to educate people about watches. I'm here with the intention to exchange the information on my Bimmers.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2014, 08:55 PM   #3
DVC
Diligentia Vis Celeritas
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
perhaps, you should write a book or create a web site to educate people about watches. I'm here with the intention to exchange the information on my Bimmers.

Bimmer info and watch info are not mutually exclusive. You've just posted in the "Watches" sub-forum, by the way...
      03-14-2014, 09:00 PM   #4
tony20009
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i - Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by jspdr View Post
In the watches subforum? You really click on the Off-Topic Discusions Board's Watches sub-forum link expecting to read about cars?

That seems like a circuitous route to get to the car forum, but okay...to each his own. Just to be helpful, here're a couple links you can add to your bookmarks so that you don't have to stop off in Watches before getting to the car stuff:
FWIW, I didn't create the watches subforum and I didn't advocate for it's being created. I just participate in it.

All the best.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
'07, e92 335i, Sparkling Graphite, Coral Leather, Aluminum, 6-speed
Appreciate 0