E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E91 warm starting issiues

09-10-2012, 07:50 AM   #1
Bert VDW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

E91 warm starting issiues

Hi all,

I'm Bert from Belgium, I just bought 2e hand E91 318d LCI form 2009, low milage as 45000km. Now there is the next problem, when I start the engine when hey's hot ( even after a drive for about 15 or 20km ) its just like the battery have not enough power and the start the engine, he starts but you can here that there is a problem, it sounds like starting with a almost drained battery. When the engine is cold he startsup immediatly, so no problem at all, it apears only when the engine is hot.
I allready stoped by a carservice point who can read the OBD but there is no fault to be read out.

Anybody have a clue what this could be ? i would avoid to make a stop by a BMW dealer, have no money for them now

I apriciate any comment....
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2012, 01:35 AM   #2
Bert VDW
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91

Is there no one with a clue ?

best regards Bert
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 01:35 AM   #3
MoneyFor
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Hi Bert, I have the exact same problem with my E91 318d, no errors when reading the OBD. I've cleaned the MAF but without any result so I'll appriciate any comment on this 2.

Kris
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #4
MoneyFor
Private First Class
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
Bert I didn't see eralier that you where from Belgium, on a Belgium board i discussed this issue but without result. There where comments about a starter problem that can appear when the engine is hot or a injector that is leaking when the engine is hot. The starter is difficould to get by to swap with another ( if you have one ), the injector you cant check yourself. I do not now if you can check the starter on another way. Maybe on this board is a member who knows

Kris
Appreciate 0