E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..) > 2012 Formula 1 Grand Prix Of Europe

06-26-2012, 07:53 PM   #111
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Yep! For now he's in my "one time wonder" list.
one race win doesn't mean a lot.
He also happened to win at a race where all of the front teams were struggling for some reason. The only person in a real position to challenge him off the line was Hamilton...who was killed by a pit stop

He had no pressure...he was exceptionally lucky in his win

Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #112
Echo M3
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
Reenforcing my opinion that Maldonado has always been shit
Well said. He reminds me of Alex Wurz. Fluked into a win, but unlikely to find much more significant success.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2012, 10:00 PM   #113
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenVert View Post
He also happened to win at a race where all of the front teams were struggling for some reason. The only person in a real position to challenge him off the line was Hamilton...who was killed by a pit stop

He had no pressure...he was exceptionally lucky in his win
Let me remember how did he perform when he's in pressure?
oh wait, he crashed....pushing too hard behind alonso in Melbourne, and this time into Hamilton...
      06-26-2012, 11:06 PM   #114
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Not sure if anyone ever saw him race in GP2, but he had a massive anger issue from what I remember. He was also the driver who had been in GP2 for the most number of years (4). Pretty much all of the F1 drivers that came from GP2 only spent 1 year there before they got moved up to the 'show'.
      06-27-2012, 12:59 AM   #115
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SLAM View Post
Also interpret as, fine, we'll give Maldonado another chance since he gave Williams a race win this season. Even though he damaged the car for God knows how many times for no reason!

hint: Maldonado crash on Hamilton after Q2 in Belgium 2011, and crash on Perez just a last month in Monaco during P3 practice session.
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateBMW View Post
Don't forget Melbourne, and Q2 in Montreal.

If you watch his car even at the start of Valencia, you'll see that he is swerving all over the place.
Was going to say that. In Melbourne he was in 6th i think(?) and crashed it on the last lap with no one around him.
      06-27-2012, 01:01 AM   #116
007MCoupe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 Sakhir M3 ZCP

Did anyone see BBC's race intro? Vettel and Coulthard drove the new USGP route. Didn't realize there was 'so much' elevation change.

Hopefully it goes ahead as planned for next year. Listening to Bernie, in one conversation it's most likely not on next year's schedule then it changed to most likekly we'll see it. lol
      06-27-2012, 03:11 AM   #117
O-cha
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Mcoupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbook View Post
In the MAL HAM incident, I think both were to blame, and HAM should have had a penalty had he been able to continue. He gave ZERO room to MAL in the first par tof the turn, and pushed him off of the track. As MAL tried to rejoin HAM gave zero room again, and pinched the apex of the turn, this forced MAL's car into the read of HAM's car. The result being HAM being pushed into the wall and being unable to go on.

this was NOT the smart racer move, and will cost him big as the championship goes on. The smarter move would have been to give way a bit and still bring home some points.
If MAL had stayed on the runoff then maybe HAM would have gotten a penalty, but fact he basically drove into hamilton, it doesn't matter that hamilton forced him off track, he did NOT have to rejoin in that manner. I don't even see how he managed to do that, seems like he would have had to TRY to hit him it was so avoidable.
      06-27-2012, 06:24 AM   #118
jonasaurus
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 [Sold]

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-cha View Post
If MAL had stayed on the runoff then maybe HAM would have gotten a penalty, but fact he basically drove into hamilton, it doesn't matter that hamilton forced him off track, he did NOT have to rejoin in that manner. I don't even see how he managed to do that, seems like he would have had to TRY to hit him it was so avoidable.
I would have to agree with this that MAL could have backout of that situation despite Hamilton maintaining the racing line and not letting him back on to the track. Not like there wasn't enough space...

06-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #119
justinnum1
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2018 330i Msport 6mt

Anyone see the rumor of vettel signing with ferrari in 2014 for 3 years?
      06-28-2012, 07:13 PM   #120
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinnum1 View Post
Anyone see the rumor of vettel signing with ferrari in 2014 for 3 years?
I've heard a lot of rumors about Ferrari. They are just playing the game and trying to get people off theirs.

The only thing you can be assured of with Ferrari is that come next year, Massa won't be there. If the Vettel 2014 thing were true, I think it wouldn't be very likely that Ferrari would employ a driver just for 1 year. Which makes the whole thing not make sense.

Why is Massa out at Ferrari? Look below.
Attached Images

06-28-2012, 08:35 PM   #121
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Agree, we won't see Massa in Ferrari 2013 unless he magically find some form and be on the podium consistently for the remainder of the season.
      06-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #122
BrokenVert
Resident Kerbalnaut
United_States
Rep
Drives: Topless Brute/Hybrid Boogaloo

So no thoughts on the article guys? I really want to know how to make them better in the future!

Appreciate 0