E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > DPF Delete

01-22-2014, 07:48 PM   #463
Kjelly
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post

1. TDI
2. BB_cuda
3. joe planet (if they give him credit for other tune)
4. Kakalika
5. Jdg
6. 2deerwhistlers
7. kjelly
n 335dfan
I bypassed on the Extended Warranty for this! Can't wait to see this final product.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 07:55 PM   #464
JDG
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kjelly View Post
I bypassed on the Extended Warranty for this! Can't wait to see this final product.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:25 PM   #465
135i_vs_
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5, 135i, 335d, F10 550xi

Thanks to wiki, list of States that will perform OBD emissions inspection on "new diesels". This is where OBD readiness will be required to pass.Seems most States require it for the "new diesels". OBD emissions inspection is not the same as emissions testing. Emission testing is where tailpipe exhaust gas is evaluated. Most States don't require the emissions testing on diesels or even gasoline for 1996+. Usually the OBD emissions inspection is sufficient.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehic..._United_States
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 10:48 PM   #466
335dwagon
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon

You guys might want to check this out,
https://wagner-tuning.3dcartstores.c...335d_p_98.html

I have one coming as well. Just released them on Monday.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2014, 11:04 PM   #467
dixy2k
Major
Rep
Drives: 335d

Looks promising. Still requires ECU tuning.

Axel, ask Lenny about it.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:36 AM   #468
335dwagon
Private First Class
Germany
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335D wagon

Clearly states that ECU tuning is required as in most cases with such a sensitive part removal. I have the Evolve Tune already so I just let them know after I install the downpipe and at that time I will be installing the upgraded larger turbos from the company in Portugal.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 05:04 AM   #469
2deerwhistlers
Banned
Rep

Let's just hope the EPA leaves wagner tuning alone
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:00 AM   #470
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

deer i do understand BUT as Floyd stated Hartmut WILL NOT go against emission unless the car is for off road use only. I know Harmut pretty well and wont risk RENNtech's persona. YES, I agree with you 1000% someone would of done and TRUST me I approached EVRYONE I could concieve off and NO ONE wanted to do it, so what part might you not understand I did my research I doubt you went around asking so I know what im talking about.

dixy lenny will program it if someone gets the pipe he needs a guinea pig and NO ONE is coming Forward, everyone is scared to go thru EPA/CARB issue in the states. I live in the Island otherwise i would of been their Guinea pig since ive known them for over 10yrs

Doc thanks for the info still waiting for the catch can thread

Deer WAGNER is based out of Germany and have their main suplier out of cali so they would fall under the same criterias as STan, I will contact CARSTEN Wagner and give my insight on this since DOC and some of us emailed Carsten many times for our new IC
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 07:12 AM   #471
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

Just emailed Carsten and will post his reply ok
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:07 AM   #472
2deerwhistlers
Banned
Rep

I would say that it's just as "illegal" for someone to tune the dpf out as it is to physically remove it.. Edge doesn't build exhaust systems but they do tuning and they got in trouble for tuning ... Not removing physical components... I just won't post anymore because it seems that people with no mechanical experience or ability know better than me.. It's just too bad
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:45 AM   #473
FormerRotor
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d, M-Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Just emailed Carsten and will post his reply ok
I received a reply stating that it will work for US, but the email also said, ""there is no difference between US and Euro units". Which I don't believe to be accurate due to the different lower flange. I look forward to hearing what Carsten says

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2deerwhistlers View Post
I would say that it's just as "illegal" for someone to tune the dpf out as it is to physically remove it.. Edge doesn't build exhaust systems but they do tuning and they got in trouble for tuning ... Not removing physical components... I just won't post anymore because it seems that people with no mechanical experience or ability know better than me.. It's just too bad
Don't get discouraged, whistler; we appreciate all input here, especially that which comes from experience.

-------------------

Not directed at anyone on particular: lets make sure that we are supporting those few vendors who are supporting our community. Vendor preference is a personal thing, but we can all agree that the more organizations who choose to help us with our unique vehicles, the better off we are.

My Picture Threads (Oldest to Newest): 1 2 3
Join BMW CCA! (Use my link and I get credit )
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 10:39 AM   #474
Mark M
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E30M3 E83X3 E90335D

There would be an 'off road' market for the US M57. It was part of the X5 which we all know is a hardcore off road vehicle right? Loop hole anyone?
      01-23-2014, 11:18 AM   #475
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark M View Post
There would be an 'off road' market for the US M57. It was part of the X5 which we all know is a hardcore off road vehicle right? Loop hole anyone?
off road also applies to racetracks or any other private land (off-road actually often doesnt apply to off-roading in the 4x4 sense, you have to be either a registered road legal vehicle or green sticker unless youre on private off roading land) so the 335d would have an off road market, dedicated race cars
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:27 PM   #476
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Just to clarify something regarding legality:

http://www.epa.gov/otaq/consumer/fue...s/altfuels.htm

Any change to the original configuration of a certified vehicle or engine, including alternative fuel conversion, is a potential violation of the Clean Air Act section 203(a)(3) prohibition against tampering (42 U.S.C. §7522 (a)(3)).

This means any remap, any external fuel box (JBD for example), running more than 20% biodiesel, even some exhaust modifications, and many other things enthusiasts do, are illegal according to the EPA (unless you certify the configuration with the EPA, which is a huge undertaking, or live in one of the California/carb states and certify through their process...).
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #477
chau
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Just when this is about to be released, I've decided to trade my 3 in for a tsx sport wagon. Not worth the headache anymore. Would definitely but one again if all the emissions issues are fixed. Tired of the CEL light every few days.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 02:33 PM   #478
GreekboyD
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335d

Garage List
2009 BMW 335d  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerRotor View Post
I received a reply stating that it will work for US, but the email also said, ""there is no difference between US and Euro units". Which I don't believe to be accurate due to the different lower flange. I look forward to hearing what Carsten says

Don't get discouraged, whistler; we appreciate all input here, especially that which comes from experience.

-------------------

Not directed at anyone on particular: lets make sure that we are supporting those few vendors who are supporting our community. Vendor preference is a personal thing, but we can all agree that the more organizations who choose to help us with our unique vehicles, the better off we are.
Well said on all counts. Even if we disagree on various issues I still think the forums are more fun that way, so long as we respect each other and can agree to disagree.

FR, I agree with your post on the Wagner piece. Axel, let us know what he says too.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 02:53 PM   #479
smares21
Banned
Rep
Drives: Hooptie

Subbing to this thread. I don't have a 335d, but my wife has a 2010 X5d and I'd love to get rid of the emissions garbage.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 08:25 PM   #480
finnbmw
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 & 2012 X5 xDrive 35d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2deerwhistlers View Post
Bottom line, if renntech gave a shit about the u.s. 335d market then they would offer more than a mild tune and put R&D into a downpipe..
Why do you say that the Renntech tune is mild? Just curious.
Appreciate 0
      01-23-2014, 09:22 PM   #481
dixy2k
Major
Rep

Maybe this will work in tricking the ECU. Very expensive but you can strip it of any emission related items.

http://www.bodylogicuk.com/index.php/10/327175/
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 05:02 AM   #482
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep

TDi thanks for your input legally we tuned guys are breaking the law jajajaja I careless about it.

Rotor no word from CARSTEN yet I beleive i will get a response sooner or later. i also sent email to their supplier in Cali I know the dude that runs the shop but I freaking lost his personal number damn it!!

BTW guys I finally got my new wheel from VMR , now I feel like a pimp LOL

Deer I do understand your agenda but NO COMPANY will go against EPA/CARB/CAFE regulations here in the states, therefore , only Euro companies can assist us, I wholeheartly agree with you. I spoke to Hartmut and Lenny and they will not risk a FINE for just a few cars, not worth losing their great reputation as well as Dinan Cobb Burger or whomever. I hope this eases your pain. Undoubtly I would of prefered getting it stateside , and i beleive RENNtech If i lived in Florida i would of pushed them to do for us. Turbo Ed told me to get a DPF but I cant get ahold of a used one in a Junker maybe you can assist us on this and look it up, I have tried but they will not answer my emails maybe you can hav better luck, if we find one turbo Ed wiil make one for us. i am limited down here and I need someone's help to find a used DPF
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 05:42 AM   #483
2deerwhistlers
Banned
Rep

Axel get the wagner downpipe.. Less than 400 bones... I say the renntech tune is mild, mostly because of the minimal torque increase... My experience with hpcr fuel systems has shown me what they are capable of... So.. I asked renntech for a torquey tune and they denied it ... I asked dinan if they tune the 335d and they gave me some bull about how the the 335d just doesn't have the fuel system potential.. And they told me to buy a 335i.. That's when I laughed, said no thanks and hung up
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 07:21 AM   #484
TDIwyse
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Deer I do understand your agenda but NO COMPANY will go against EPA/CARB/CAFE regulations here in the states, therefore , only Euro companies can assist us...
http://www.epa.state.il.us/air/vim/faq/tampering.html

Axle, this is just radically incorrect. There are all kinds of small US businesses violating the EPA/CARB/CAFE rules. Just in the diesel truck crowds there are many dozens making EGR deletes, DPF deletes, SCR deletes, remaps, boxes, exhausts, intakes... Then you add in all the engine/car combo's and you're in the many hundreds if not thousands... This is the great thing about civil disobedience: if enough people break a rule/law/regulation then a government can't truly enforce it.

And make no mistake, Renntech IS violating the EPA laws by reflashing the DDE because it alters the configuration of the operating parameters from what was used to certify the car with the EPA because it's making more power and torque than the certified vehicle.
Appreciate 0