E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > USB freezes

07-13-2022, 01:59 PM   #1
p1zaul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93 black sapphire metallic

USB freezes

So my 2009 e93 no longer plays audio files from the USB. I have had the same USB stick plugged in under the arm rest for years with no issues. All if a sudden it either doesn't read the stick, or sometimes it does but only plays a song for a few seconds or so and then seems to freeze.

I have first tried a number of different USB sticks and secondly replaced the actual USB AUX module in the car and neither fixed the issue.

Any ideas??
      09-07-2022, 02:11 PM   #2
p1zaul
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by p1zaul View Post
So my 2009 e93 no longer plays audio files from the USB. I have had the same USB stick plugged in under the arm rest for years with no issues. All if a sudden it either doesn't read the stick, or sometimes it does but only plays a song for a few seconds or so and then seems to freeze.

I have first tried a number of different USB sticks and secondly replaced the actual USB AUX module in the car and neither fixed the issue.

Any ideas??
Anything
      01-11-2023, 01:52 PM   #3
p1zaul
Private First Class
Rep

Updating here in case anyone has same issue. After months of not using the USB I decided to try a maybe fourth or fifth USB stick and worked no problem.

Try a bunch of USB sticks, I couldn't believe it but three in a row just would not work even though they worked fine in my PC.