E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Shiv & Customer Service

01-08-2009, 09:18 PM   #1
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: E92 (Sold) / GT3RS / SLK55

Thumbs down Shiv & Customer Service

Guys, I have a question for you. I have been following this forum for two years but haven't been an active poster until my recent Procede purchase. It's a great piece of technology, but I've been encountering wastegate issues since day one and have been trying to get Shiv's attention to address the problem.

To be honest I'm quite frustrated after having posted on the forum and PM'd Shiv to no avail. From my observations, Shiv is quick to respond to posts extolling the virtues of his product, but when it comes to wastegate issues he's (i) ignored my original post, (ii) ignored other user's posts and (iii) ignored my follow-up PMs. To be fair we did exchange PMs back in three weeks ago when he asked me for my email address, which I provided, but he went back into incommunicado right afterwards. Another PM to him on Thursday appears to have fallen on deaf ears again.

Has anyone had similar issues with service from Shiv? The frustration I'm encountering should be known among people considering a Procede purchase.

I am making my case before the forum users with all the facts for all to see. I look forward to hearing other users' experience. If someone from Vishnu could chime in that'd be great.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #2
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335xi, S1000RR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArktisE92 View Post
Guys, I have a question for you. I have been following this forum for two years but haven't been an active poster until my recent Procede purchase. It's a great piece of technology, but I've been encountering wastegate issues since day one and have been trying to get Shiv's attention to address the problem.

To be honest I'm quite frustrated after having posted on the forum and PM'd Shiv to no avail. From my observations, Shiv is quick to respond to posts extolling the virtues of his product, but when it comes to wastegate issues he's (i) ignored my original post, (ii) ignored other user's posts and (iii) ignored my follow-up PMs. To be fair we did exchange PMs back in three weeks ago when he asked me for my email address, which I provided, but he went back into incommunicado right afterwards. Another PM to him on Thursday appears to have fallen on deaf ears again.

Has anyone had similar issues with service from Shiv? The frustration I'm encountering should be known among people considering a Procede purchase.

I am making my case before the forum users with all the facts for all to see. I look forward to hearing other users' experience. If someone from Vishnu could chime in that'd be great.
If I'm not mistaken... If your having wastegate problems shouldn't you be contacting your local BMW dealer for warranty work instead of Shiv?
      01-08-2009, 09:23 PM   #3
ar design
United_States
Rep
Drives: 04 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humtek View Post
If I'm not mistaken... If your having wastegate problems shouldn't you be contacting your local BMW dealer for warranty work instead of Shiv?

01-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
Turkishexpress
Gixxer Man
Turkey
Rep
Drives: '08 335i E90 / '06 Range HSE

Take the proceed off and take it to the bimmer dealer.

Former Stable: 2008 MB C300, 2007 Chevy Avalanche, 2006 Evo IX (544awhp), 2005 Sti, 2003 Evo...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
ohsnapITZe92
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

wth does shiv have anything to do with ur wastegate???? LOL
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:44 PM   #6
BALLAJL15
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohsnapITZe92 View Post
wth does shiv have anything to do with ur wastegate???? LOL
+1

Before you blame the tune...

Do the smart thing by taking it out or putting the bypass plugs in and then go from there
      01-08-2009, 09:46 PM   #7
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Guys, it wasn't a problem until the 12-15 maps were installed, that's when all the problem came back. Same thing with the 1-5 maps.

This post from Shiv on 12/19 himself might help set the stage:

"Shoot me your email. There are a lot of different rattlefix permutations that we can use. Make sense since there are a few difference scenarios that cause the wastegate rattle. I can send you some variations to try out. Easy to fix."

I'm not here to blame the tune for causing the rattles. My original post clearly stated that the problem is with not getting the service that was promised. There's a clear difference between the two.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 09:52 PM   #8
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guys, it wasn't a problem until the 12-15 maps were installed, that's when all the problem came back. Same thing with the 1-5 maps.

This post from Shiv on 12/19 himself might help set the stage:

"Shoot me your email. There are a lot of different rattlefix permutations that we can use. Make sense since there are a few difference scenarios that cause the wastegate rattle. I can send you some variations to try out. Easy to fix."

I'm not here to blame the tune for causing the rattles. My original post clearly stated that the problem is with not getting the service that was promised. There's a clear difference between the two.
In that case instead of posting on the forums or trying to PM him. Either fill out his call back form that is one the Vishnu website or email him directly at shiv@vishnutuning.com
      01-08-2009, 10:01 PM   #9
tmw139
Don't Question Me
Rep
Drives: Ferrari Enzo

Quote:
In that case instead of posting on the forums or trying to PM him. Either fill out his call back form that is one the Vishnu website or email him directly at shiv@vishnutuning.com
+1 email him directly. He'll take care of you. Seriously..
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:09 PM   #10
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
You're beta testing the new torque targeting demo maps...

having shiv customize a beta map just for your car would seem pointless, since you would just want to replace it again once the final maps come out.

if the previous map had a better rattle fix for you, then by all means, continue to use the old map until the new maps can be adjusted for you(which should be as soon as they are done being developed)

Hope that helps!

Also, anyone can feel free to contact me anytime, I can ring up their office if neccessary and ask a question...
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:16 PM   #11
skim7x
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i, C63 AMG

Garage List
2007 335i  [10.00]
I've called Shiv in the past and he personally spent 15 minutes on the phone with me answering all my questions... he didn't rush me at all and answered all my questions without beating around the bush...

+2 to contacting him directly instead of PM's and thread posts...

COBB ProTuned | AMS | CP-e | BMS | Quaife
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:18 PM   #12
NM_BMW
Vishnu Powered
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiXst3r View Post
You're beta testing the new torque targeting demo maps...

having shiv customize a beta map just for your car would seem pointless, since you would just want to replace it again once the final maps come out.

if the previous map had a better rattle fix for you, then by all means, continue to use the old map until the new maps can be adjusted for you(which should be as soon as they are done being developed)

Hope that helps!

Also, anyone can feel free to contact me anytime, I can ring up their office if neccessary and ask a question...
Rick,

I thought the 1-05 maps were no longer beta?
      01-08-2009, 10:20 PM   #13
sd390r
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW M3

Garage List
2008 E90 335i  [0.00]
lol busy guy, PMing him on a forum isnt really a fair way to go about it

he might not answer 5 minutes later like terry, but im sure hell help you address the problem

call vishnu, go on their website and do a callback form, or email shiv@vishnutuning.com

even though the wastegates are BMWs problem, I do agree that shiv could tell you that himself

good luck
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:22 PM   #14
JohnnyTT
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 X3 3.5

Quote:
I don't think the purpose of the post is the Wastegate problem. I think it's about getting any kind of response from anybody at vishnu.
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #15
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:

I'm sorry if I didn't respond to your PM. Between the volume of PMs I get and the holidays which I spent developing 8 different maps and new user software, I dropped the ball. In the future, just email me (as suggested) if you have any unique needs or problems. It's way too hard to keep track of PMs. Plus, I can only send maps via email. PM is useless in that respect.

Regards
Shiv
Appreciate 0
      01-08-2009, 10:35 PM   #16
RiXst3r
Rep
Drives: M235i

Quote:
Rick,

I thought the 1-05 maps were no longer beta?
I guess they did drop the beta tag on the 1-05 maps, but 12-15 was definitely beta...

I recall that it was still stated that there is a few features waiting to be activated yet (implying that there will be a map to replace 1-05 shortly )

Thanks for catching that for me
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 12:19 AM   #17
TMR
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

With Shiv being this and Shiv being that....My dealings with him have ben actually great. I ran into a problem yesterday while doing an upgrade for someone and i got a call from him during his dinner to help me out.

Oh yea, and have BMW repair your wastegates.
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2009, 03:06 AM   #18
ArktisE92
Private First Class
Hong Kong
Rep

Thumbs up

Guys, many thanks for the quick responses.

Shiv, thanks for getting back to me promptly. If my post did violence to your excellent product or reputation I apologize.

I will update this thread as the issue progresses, hopefully towards closure in the near future.
Appreciate 0