E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Vessel: CARMEN (04/27/2007)

05-01-2007, 09:57 PM   #23
fragadellic
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe BSM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadders View Post
We are making progress.....looks like 12 hour progress reports from the ship.....
Damn! You are really on top of that. I was trying to get onto sailwx for a while and the site wouldn't load, now it works!!!
      05-02-2007, 03:36 AM   #24
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Looks like we got a 6hr update, at 11pm our time in AZ/CA tonight! Hope the 6hr reports continue!!!

Yeah, I'm up doing a $4K expense report...LOL!!!!
      05-02-2007, 03:28 PM   #25
MyE93
Private
Rep
Drives: E93

Carmen's latest coordinates. We're moving along. Anyone wanna guess how many dots we get on the Sailwx maps before she hits the Panama canal?
Attached Images

05-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #26
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyE93 View Post
Carmen's latest coordinates. We're moving along. Anyone wanna guess how many dots we get on the Sailwx maps before she hits the Panama canal?
If she continues to report every 6 hours, my guess is 31 more from where we are now, or 36 dots total.

Now how rediculous are we being????

But I LOVE IT!!!!
      05-02-2007, 04:27 PM   #27
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep
Drives: nothing

Garage List
Can I hire you two to track my car when it finally gets on a ship?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 04:48 PM   #28
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragadellic View Post
If she continues to report every 6 hours, my guess is 31 more from where we are now, or 36 dots total.

Now how rediculous are we being????

But I LOVE IT!!!!
Well, I figured we all needed something to pass the time. It's gonna be a long three weeks!

No cheating by calling up other boats either!
      05-02-2007, 04:50 PM   #29
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by snohman View Post

LOL!!!!

I will probably be too busy driving my car, but keep me in mind for that task!
      05-02-2007, 04:51 PM   #30
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:

LOL! Can you tell we are a bit obsessed about our cars getting here?
      05-02-2007, 04:55 PM   #31
fragadellic
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, I figured we all needed something to pass the time. It's gonna be a long three weeks!

No cheating by calling up other boats either!
Never!!

But I did use a ruler and zoomed out so I could see the first dot and just barely the Panama Canal, and on my screen each 6-hour dot is 5mm, so I figured it out that way.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Carmen stops reporting at Puerto Rico like Figaro I was tracking. I kept the Panama Canal web cam (which updates automatically) on my screen hoping to catch it going through. You can't miss that big green and white ship!!! Never saw it though...
      05-02-2007, 05:00 PM   #32
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Never!!

But I did use a ruler and zoomed out so I could see the first dot and just barely the Panama Canal, and on my screen each 6-hour dot is 5mm, so I figured it out that way.

I'll be pretty disappointed if Carmen stops reporting at Puerto Rico like Figaro I was tracking. I kept the Panama Canal web cam (which updates automatically) on my screen hoping to catch it going through. You can't miss that big green and white ship!!! Never saw it though...
That is hilarious!
      05-02-2007, 05:08 PM   #33
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL!!!!

I will probably be too busy driving my car, but keep me in mind for that task!

Yeah, I figured, my car probably won't get on a boat till about early June...
don't forget about us ED'ers
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #34
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL! Can you tell we are a bit obsessed about our cars getting here?

YES!! as am I...but as I mentioned earlier, my car doesn't get to be on a ship even though I was April production...
If there were a way to track the truck taking my car to the Munich Delivery center, I would!! They really need to set up webcams over at Munich so I can see my car already!!
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 05:12 PM   #35
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Never!!

You're too funny man...
So what happened w/ that photoshop of my ED e92 AW coupe on a raft you were gonna make for me...I told you if you did it i'd use it as my sig
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 05:18 PM   #36
tadders
Private
Rep
Drives: Ordered: 335i Convertible

Looks like you folks have been busy, after my day of web surfing and excitment yesterday I had to knuckle down to some serious work today.....otherwise someone would be selling a shiny new E93 as he doesnt have the funds to pay for it anymore!

Glad to see we are making progress and that others are as obsessed as myself! Misery loves company, figure the same applies for obsession!

My vote on the total number of dots between UK and Panama canal is 32 dots total....damn, this is a little sad....but also kinda cool.....

Oh, and E93 - I guess we have a race on our hands for who gets to pick their car up first - I would imagine that they are going to be together for the whole journey to AZ now....maybe we will end up collecting on the same day!

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 05:28 PM   #37
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
All you E93 people are making me jealous now....
I'm about to go order one so that we can have one vert and one coupe to trade between.
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 05:30 PM   #38
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Looks like you folks have been busy, after my day of web surfing and excitment yesterday I had to knuckle down to some serious work today.....otherwise someone would be selling a shiny new E93 as he doesnt have the funds to pay for it anymore!

Glad to see we are making progress and that others are as obsessed as myself! Misery loves company, figure the same applies for obsession!

My vote on the total number of dots between UK and Panama canal is 32 dots total....damn, this is a little sad....but also kinda cool.....

Oh, and E93 - I guess we have a race on our hands for who gets to pick their car up first - I would imagine that they are going to be together for the whole journey to AZ now....maybe we will end up collecting on the same day!
It's all going to come down to timing for me. I'll be on vacation from the 23rd to the 28th. I'm hoping that she'll be ready to pick up on the 29th. I'm even tempted to extend my vacation an extra day as a just in case... If they happen to be ready before that than you, my friend, will win.

And, yes, the vacation was planned way before I ordered the car!
      05-02-2007, 06:14 PM   #39
snohman
Volk Whore
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It's all going to come down to timing for me. I'll be on vacation from the 23rd to the 28th. I'm hoping that she'll be ready to pick up on the 29th. I'm even tempted to extend my vacation an extra day as a just in case... If they happen to be ready before that than you, my friend, will win.

And, yes, the vacation was planned way before I ordered the car!
Where are you headed on your vacation if you don't mind me asking?
My vacation is planned for the 20th - 30th and I can't wait! Of course the vacation involves picking up our car on the 23rd and driving through Europe with it, so it makes it twice as exciting.
I guess you can say i actually planned our vacation around the car in a way...

Then i come crashing back to reality as I have a business trip on the 31st

Just curious...when are you Carmen folks "guesstimating" to take delivery?
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 06:24 PM   #40
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Where are you headed on your vacation if you don't mind me asking?
My vacation is planned for the 20th - 30th and I can't wait! Of course the vacation involves picking up our car on the 23rd and driving through Europe with it, so it makes it twice as exciting.
I guess you can say i actually planned our vacation around the car in a way...

Then i come crashing back to reality as I have a business trip on the 31st

Just curious...when are you Carmen folks "guesstimating" to take delivery?
I'll be heading up to Seattle for a wedding. I'm looking forward to it as well. Always good to spend some quality time with family and friends.

ED would be awesome! See, we may 'get' our cars before you but you'll be zooming around on the autobahn in your car before we are driving ours!

As far as delivery, from what I've read, I'm guessing a week after docking for it to make it over to AZ. My CA also said by the end of the month...so sounds like it should happen. Of course, I think he just wants his commission.
      05-02-2007, 06:51 PM   #41
tadders
Private
Rep

Similar situation, I am going to be gone until the 29th, so kinda hoping that car will be ready for when I return. So no advantage over your vacation!

Arrived: E93 335 Space Gray/Coral red/Gray Poplar > ZCW > ZPP > ZSP > STEP > CA > PDC > HD > iPOD
Ordered:3/29 - Production complete:4/19 - At port:4/21 - Aboard Carmen:4/27 - Docked in LA:5/21 - Delivered 6/9
Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 07:11 PM   #42
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
Similar situation, I am going to be gone until the 29th, so kinda hoping that car will be ready for when I return. So no advantage over your vacation!
Ahh..then it will be close. I'm still torn on whether to take Tuesday off or not. Decisions...decisions.

Have you seen any E93's on the roads yet? I haven't but I work from home so I don't get out much during the week.
      05-02-2007, 07:37 PM   #43
tadders
Private
Rep

I havent as yet, I am secretly hoping that I dont see any until I pick mine up. I also work from home but drive to the gym and daycare at least once a day......

Appreciate 0
      05-02-2007, 07:42 PM   #44
MyE93
Private
Rep

Quote:
I havent as yet, I am secretly hoping that I dont see any until I pick mine up. I also work from home but drive to the gym and daycare at least once a day......
Me too! Unless it's yours, of course. Then it's okay!