E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > Idrive/radio only working in accessory mode. Stops working when car started

12-03-2021, 10:27 AM   #1
aidendewhirst
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i

Idrive/radio only working in accessory mode. Stops working when car started

BMW 325i 2005

I had a flooded car a few months ago from blocked sunroof vents, which caused one of the battery terminals to corrode and lost all power to the car, I've fixed that and car has been running fine for a few months. With no more water in the battery compartment.

This week Ive got in the car, the radio has started as usual but as soon as I started the car the audio stops and the idrive wheel won't make anything on the screen work. And the reverse sensors don't beep with the car turned on too.

I'm assuming the water ingress has got to be part of the culprit, but just looking for any ideas on where to start looking!

And to further complicate things, yesterday when it was -3 in the morning the radio/idrive worked absolutely perfectly, so I was thinking if it was water then it had frozen and allowed the signal or something to work.

BMW 325i 55plate.
Appreciate 0