E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Reputable shops in ID

05-26-2023, 09:04 PM   #1
NightLightNacho
Registered
Rep
Drives: 07' BMW E90 328xi

Question Reputable shops in ID

Greetings everyone.

Long time listener, first time caller.

I recently bought an 07' 328xi after my previous vehicle was totaled last month. My parents have an 07' 328i and raved about their car, finally convincing me to purchase my own. Shortly after my purchase I was informed that my job was relocating me to Boise ID.

I bought the car private sale in my state and after purchasing the car started to run into issues. Nothing crazy, but enough kick of a beautiful love hate relationship with the car. Ive been blessed to have this forum readily available and help me tackle the problems head on.

I've gotten this car as ready as I can for a 2600 mile road trip.. But it's going to need some love once it gets out to ID. Im going to need a new clutch after this road trip as I can hear the throwout bearing beginning to make a bit of noise, and I'll need to do the valve cover itself eventually. I was hoping that someone/anyone can point me towards a good shop in the ID area, preferably towards Boise.. if there are any! The move is happening fast, and I've never so much as flown over ID. I was really just hoping for an inside scoop on some shops that will do quality transmission repair, and engine work on a BMWs. The last thing I want to do is pay dealership rates.

I would be able to do these repairs myself if I had a place to do them.. but I do not have that luxury.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2023, 12:58 AM   #2
jkline398
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 335i

I'm almost in same boat as you, working on a 2010 335i and relocated to Vernal, Utah. Locals here tell me there is a BMW shop in Salt Lake City (3 hours from me but it's ok).

I would also love to know if there are any shops out here..

I get the feeling based on Oklahoma though, a lot of bmw shops closing and not looking back.
Appreciate 0