E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Alignment question(sheet included) after M3 arms + wishbones

10-08-2018, 03:28 PM   #1
simyo
Rep
Drives: E87 120D

Alignment question(sheet included) after M3 arms + wishbones

Hi guys

I replaced everything on the front axle:

New B4S shocks (for replacement of the old M-sport shocks) with new strut mounts and M3 arms with M3 wishbones.
Also took the camberpin out.

Went to the alignment shop, but I think they kinda made it bad..

I thought with installment of M3 arms and camberpinmod my camber should around -1 on both sides..but it is only on the right side..
And for the rear axle..camber is way off..

Does someone know what is wrong ??

ps. sorry it is a E87 and the sheet is Dutch.
wielvlucht = camber and toespoor = toe
links = left and rechts = right
voorzijde = front and achter = rear
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2018, 04:35 PM   #2
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyo View Post

Hi guys

I replaced everything on the front axle:

New B4S shocks (for replacement of the old M-sport shocks) with new strut mounts and M3 arms with M3 wishbones.
Also took the camberpin out.

Went to the alignment shop, but I think they kinda made it bad..

I thought with installment of M3 arms and camberpinmod my camber should around -1 on both sides..but it is only on the right side..
And for the rear axle..camber is way off..

Does someone know what is wrong ??

ps. sorry it is a E87 and the sheet is Dutch.
wielvlucht = camber and toespoor = toe
links = left and rechts = right
voorzijde = front and achter = rear
If i'm reading that sheet right, it looks like your front toe is WAY out of whack. I just recently did a full refresh similar to yours, except with using ST coilovers in lieu of traditional struts. Your total toe should be somewhere around +0.07 in the front and +0.17 in the rear.

When I was trying to align my car I was struggling to get my camber correct as well. Unless you get the toe where it should be, you will have zero luck getting equal and correct camber, both front and rear. After fiddling with mine for a bit I ended up with -1.3 degrees of camber and +0.08 total toe in the front, along with -1.8 degrees of camber and +0.19 total toe in the rear.

Hope this helps!
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
simyo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
If i'm reading that sheet right, it looks like your front toe is WAY out of whack. I just recently did a full refresh similar to yours, except with using ST coilovers in lieu of traditional struts. Your total toe should be somewhere around +0.07 in the front and +0.17 in the rear.

When I was trying to align my car I was struggling to get my camber correct as well. Unless you get the toe where it should be, you will have zero luck getting equal and correct camber, both front and rear. After fiddling with mine for a bit I ended up with -1.3 degrees of camber and +0.08 total toe in the front, along with -1.8 degrees of camber and +0.19 total toe in the rear.

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your answer

I forgot to mention that ''Eerste'' in the sheet is what it was right after installment of the new shocks with the M3 arms and wishbones. (before alignment)
It is indeed that the toe is way out ahaha..

But when you look in the table ''Laatste", this was after aligning the car.
So the toe is + 0.08° in front for both wheels and the toe on the rear is still not correct.
Left wheel is 0.04° and right wheel is -0.08°

But camber on both sides, front and rear are still way off.

Upcoming saturday I will bring the car to another alignment shop.
Is there something I need to say to the mechanic?

Do I need a setup from another car??
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 12:55 PM   #4
SnapCoupe
BMW Portland
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M Coupe/E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by simyo View Post
Thank you for your answer

I forgot to mention that ''Eerste'' in the sheet is what it was right after installment of the new shocks with the M3 arms and wishbones. (before alignment)
It is indeed that the toe is way out ahaha..

But when you look in the table ''Laatste", this was after aligning the car.
So the toe is + 0.08° in front for both wheels and the toe on the rear is still not correct.
Left wheel is 0.04° and right wheel is -0.08°

But camber on both sides, front and rear are still way off.

Upcoming saturday I will bring the car to another alignment shop.
Is there something I need to say to the mechanic?

Do I need a setup from another car??
This is what I used as a baseline for my car's alignment. http://files.dinancars.com/webresour...d77cd7d233.htm

That is the Dinan spec M3 alignment sheet, and I basically just used the Stage 1/2 section as a reference point to get as close as possible. I would print that off and bring it to your mechanic. Like I said, at certain points the toe and camber can effect each other while making adjustments, but I found the best way to do it was doing toe first, then camber.
MHD Stage 2+, VRSF Downpipe, VRSF 7" FMIC, BMS Intake, BMS Chargepipe, Performance Exhaust Mod, F10 550i Clutch, BMS CDV, BMW Performance SSK, M3 Control Arms, ST Coilovers, Apex ARC-8 wheels, Michelin PS4S
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2018, 04:10 PM   #5
simyo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapCoupe View Post
This is what I used as a baseline for my car's alignment. http://files.dinancars.com/webresour...d77cd7d233.htm

That is the Dinan spec M3 alignment sheet, and I basically just used the Stage 1/2 section as a reference point to get as close as possible. I would print that off and bring it to your mechanic. Like I said, at certain points the toe and camber can effect each other while making adjustments, but I found the best way to do it was doing toe first, then camber.
Great !! thank you
I hope saturday works out for me!

I will let you know !
Appreciate 1
SnapCoupe224.00
      10-13-2018, 11:55 AM   #6
simyo
Rep

Well good news !!

The equipment from the first alignment shop was not correct.

I went to another and he told me that the toe on the front and rear were off, also the camber was off on the rear..
He told me that the camber on the front was perfect -1 degrees on both sides..

He fixed the toes on the front and rear and the camber on the rear.

Car feels much stable now on the road !

Thanks for your input guys !
Appreciate 2
SnapCoupe224.00