E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > What else is required to fit M Sport bumpers to my SE E92

10-23-2021, 05:57 PM   #1
soton1991
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335i SE

What else is required to fit M Sport bumpers to my SE E92

Hi, I got a 56 335i SE last month and just bought a full set of genuine m sport bumpers.

I'm planning on fitting them this weekend, but have already read that I may need arch liners and bumper guides from an m sport too?

What else should I get before I take mine off?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2011 335D Msport, 2013 X5D

Quote:
Originally Posted by soton1991 View Post
Hi, I got a 56 335i SE last month and just bought a full set of genuine m sport bumpers.

I'm planning on fitting them this weekend, but have already read that I may need arch liners and bumper guides from an m sport too?

What else should I get before I take mine off?

Thanks.
Msport fog lights are different than sport ones. Not sure if your bumper came with fogs or not.
The belly pan for msport has a little adapter thing that sort of extends out the belly pan a couple inches. I had to remove mine when i converted from msport to M3 replica. I'm keeping my adapter for if/when i convert back to msport if I find a nice msport bumper to get painted to match. Sorry, its not for sale.

Msport bumper doesn't have holes for the parking sensors. Do at your own risk but i believe i saw marked spots on innerside of the bumper where you can drill out to match the holes on your factory bumper. measure 10 times and cut once, I always say. Hole saw of correct diameter might be way to go.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 03:13 PM   #3
soton1991
Registered
Rep
Drives: e92 335i SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_cuda View Post
Msport fog lights are different than sport ones. Not sure if your bumper came with fogs or not.
The belly pan for msport has a little adapter thing that sort of extends out the belly pan a couple inches. I had to remove mine when i converted from msport to M3 replica. I'm keeping my adapter for if/when i convert back to msport if I find a nice msport bumper to get painted to match. Sorry, its not for sale.

Msport bumper doesn't have holes for the parking sensors. Do at your own risk but i believe i saw marked spots on innerside of the bumper where you can drill out to match the holes on your factory bumper. measure 10 times and cut once, I always say. Hole saw of correct diameter might be way to go.
Thanks for reply, I've read all sorts of statements about needing arch liners and bumper brackets etc.

It's really put me off even trying this as no idea what will be needed.

I may just have to bite it and take the bumpers off and see.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2021, 11:26 PM   #4
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep

The front part of the wheel liners are different for Msport. I cracked one and found part number on real OEM. I got the right side msport specific one.
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2021, 10:12 PM   #5
FirstBMWLA
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Where is best place to get a E92 msport front bumper conversion these days?
I'd prefer that but seems like most sites offer nothing but M3 reps.
Couldn't find Anything on Tischner website either.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2021, 03:59 PM   #6
BB_cuda
Brigadier General
Rep

If you want the real deal, look up part number at realoem.com . Then order through dealer. Yes, its costly but how many m-sports have you seen in the salvage yard, let alone with a good bumper. I have only seen 1 m-sport and front of it was totally gone save for the engine. I got some good interior pieces though.

Here is link to realoem for 2007 E92 pre lci. Item 1 is the bumper.
https://www.realoem.com/bmw/enUS/sho...diagId=51_6244

part number i see is 51-11-8-044-661
Appreciate 0