E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > How does BT sound get from Combox to the head unit?

11-06-2018, 02:49 PM   #1
Mr. 320d
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

How does BT sound get from Combox to the head unit?

Simple as that guys, I have retrofitted a Combox (in place of a TCU) and coded everything (I think) correctly. The BT phone kit works perfectly and all options are there for BT Audio but there is no sound, so I'm trying to troubleshoot it, I assume it is on the MOST network, is this correct?

Part of me thinks that if the phone part works ok then the Combox is good and it's either incompatibility with my phone (Samsung S8) or I've wired/coded something incorrectly.

I could really do with some pointers here as the window for sending back the Combox as faulty is narrowing...

TIA
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2018, 10:08 PM   #2
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

do you have idrive ? what firmware it has ?
      11-07-2018, 04:58 AM   #3
Mr. 320d
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ptpending View Post
do you have idrive ? what firmware it has ?
Arrghh, I'm an idiot, I didn't realise you had to go into External Devices and select the Bluetooth device again

I've read a lot of your posts trying to fix my other Combox issue, I'd be very grateful if you could have a look at this thread and see if there's anything I'm missing please? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1552146
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2018, 11:20 AM   #4
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. 320d View Post
Arrghh, I'm an idiot, I didn't realise you had to go into External Devices and select the Bluetooth device again

I've read a lot of your posts trying to fix my other Combox issue, I'd be very grateful if you could have a look at this thread and see if there's anything I'm missing please? I'd really appreciate it! Thanks!

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1552146
if you have bluetooth handsfree working your bluetooth streaming should work too with combox