E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Northwest > Where to Service Car in Seattle Area

01-25-2009, 11:09 AM   #1
MX5ToE9?
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Garage List
Where to Service Car in Seattle Area

Where would you go get your car serviced in the Seattle area and would you recommend a specific SA?

TIA
Had: 1999 E46
Appreciate 0
      01-25-2009, 11:44 AM   #2
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep
Drives: SGM E92 335i, AM E90 335i

Garage List
BMW Seattle, either that or BMW Bellevue, both are great.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 01:33 AM   #3
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

I took my car to Seattle, Bellevue is like 2 miles from work but the last time i went there I didnt have a good experience. Age discrimination or something lol.
      01-27-2009, 03:28 PM   #4
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
I would highly recommend BMW Seattle over Bellevue....
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 04:02 PM   #5
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choolgooz View Post
I took my car to Seattle, Bellevue is like 2 miles from work but the last time i went there I didnt have a good experience. Age discrimination or something lol.
Yeah this is true... everyone there kinda gave me the "that boy is too young to be driving a car like that", however, my SA was pretty chill, almost had a smoke with him but he decided to work on my car with the mechanic to get my car out faster.. Said it would take around 40 minutes but they finished it within 15 mins or so! Everyone at Seattle is pretty friendly, I enjoy taking my car there, and I don't have to worry about them fucking up my car unlike POS BMW Northwest.... Horrible service, horrible sales advisors, horrible accessories department.. I swear that fucking stealership is a flagship to failure.. I took my car there once and they charged me for an oil top off.. second time I went in expecting to pay the same amount and they gave it to me for free... I went in there to get an estimate to fix my taillights and get a quote for new taillights and they wouldn't even print it out for me, he was an ass about it and kept telling me to go to another body shop.. Even though I explained to him numerous times that I needed the quote from BMW because the guy that hit me wanted a quote from the dealership so that he could be sure that I wasn't ripping him off... Also, before this visit I took my car in to get my door actulator fixed but they scratched my tint and denied that they did it and refused to even pay for some of the $ to fix it... All in all, unless theres an absolute emergency, I would never take my car there again...

Oh while were bashing on dealerships, BMW Bellevue has a horrible sales department, or at least one guy that was a retard. Tried to sell me a used 328i at the starting price of a 335i, and get this it was a demo car and he didn't even mention it until we were negotiating prices, the milage on the car was 9,5xxx. I got a bit annoyed because the whole time I've been saying I wanted a new car, and when he kept pushing me to get the demo 328i I told him that I wanted a better deal on it and he started getting an attitude with me and started raising his voice. By this point, I had enough and just got up and left. How he ended up in sales is a fucking mystery because he was the most underachieving salesman I've ever seen.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

I had no problem with both bmw of bellevue and bmw seattle. i don't really know much about BMWNW though...

As far as oil top off, yeah, i don't know what to say. I've done it like 4 times so far and I paid for the oil itself twice and got free another two times and I really don't know what the policy regarding that is about... it seems like SA can pull that off as complementary or something... of course, only when they feel like it...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #7
TWiTCHY
Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 AW E92 M3

I've only been to BMW of Bellevue and their sales department is retarded, but their service is nice. Ask for Michael (?) there.
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 09:15 PM   #8
hun77777
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: SG E92

When i go to bellevue, i deal with Dean. He's nice baldy guy, first table on right from the entrance. Go through just about everything that I requested to very throughly and quickly as possible...
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2009, 10:19 PM   #9
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdflkijd View Post
Yeah this is true... everyone there kinda gave me the "that boy is too young to be driving a car like that", however, my SA was pretty chill, almost had a smoke with him but he decided to work on my car with the mechanic to get my car out faster.. Said it would take around 40 minutes but they finished it within 15 mins or so! Everyone at Seattle is pretty friendly, I enjoy taking my car there, and I don't have to worry about them fucking up my car unlike POS BMW Northwest.... Horrible service, horrible sales advisors, horrible accessories department.. I swear that fucking stealership is a flagship to failure.. I took my car there once and they charged me for an oil top off.. second time I went in expecting to pay the same amount and they gave it to me for free... I went in there to get an estimate to fix my taillights and get a quote for new taillights and they wouldn't even print it out for me, he was an ass about it and kept telling me to go to another body shop.. Even though I explained to him numerous times that I needed the quote from BMW because the guy that hit me wanted a quote from the dealership so that he could be sure that I wasn't ripping him off... Also, before this visit I took my car in to get my door actulator fixed but they scratched my tint and denied that they did it and refused to even pay for some of the $ to fix it... All in all, unless theres an absolute emergency, I would never take my car there again...

Oh while were bashing on dealerships, BMW Bellevue has a horrible sales department, or at least one guy that was a retard. Tried to sell me a used 328i at the starting price of a 335i, and get this it was a demo car and he didn't even mention it until we were negotiating prices, the milage on the car was 9,5xxx. I got a bit annoyed because the whole time I've been saying I wanted a new car, and when he kept pushing me to get the demo 328i I told him that I wanted a better deal on it and he started getting an attitude with me and started raising his voice. By this point, I had enough and just got up and left. How he ended up in sales is a fucking mystery because he was the most underachieving salesman I've ever seen.
I had issues with their sales people too, they gave me a take it or leave it price. 1k off MSRP? Thats BS. Even when I told the guy I had better offers from other dealers the dude wouldnt budge.

The issue with Bellevue came up when the rubber flaps ( not sure what they are called) that is located right before the rear tires? anyways it got loose and got stuck under the tire. Car had less then 2k miles and the CA said it was not covered under warranty because I must have hit something . Anywho, I had to use the "BMW North America" card to get them to fix it.

I had a problem with BMW Northwest when i had my e46, window regulator was going bad and they claimed it was working fine. 2k miles after the warranty expired the window stopped working.. .

Do you guys know if Seattle would be okay with me having a DCI?
      01-27-2009, 10:39 PM   #10
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

That's funny about everyone's experience with Bellevue - I went there first since I was getting our MDX serviced at Acura across the street. I told them exactly what I was looking for in a 335 and just couldn't decide between the i of xi. The clown tried to sell me a 328 since he thought I didn't really need all that power.. haha

Then when he saw I was serious about the 335, he oversold me some coupe that was on the showroom floor with about every option, kit, and wheels for 58k, saying that such cars where in hi-demand.

Really a condescending, take-it or leave-it, you're lucky we let you in the door type attitude. I went over to BMW Seattle and those guys were ready to deal. It took me 1 trip with the wife and about 30min to negotiate and I was done with exactly what I wanted (it helped they had the car on the lot).

I purposely drove back to Bellevue with my new car and told the sales manager his CA was the sole reason for the lost sale.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 01:59 AM   #11
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
That's funny about everyone's experience with Bellevue - I went there first since I was getting our MDX serviced at Acura across the street. I told them exactly what I was looking for in a 335 and just couldn't decide between the i of xi. The clown tried to sell me a 328 since he thought I didn't really need all that power.. haha

Then when he saw I was serious about the 335, he oversold me some coupe that was on the showroom floor with about every option, kit, and wheels for 58k, saying that such cars where in hi-demand.

Really a condescending, take-it or leave-it, you're lucky we let you in the door type attitude. I went over to BMW Seattle and those guys were ready to deal. It took me 1 trip with the wife and about 30min to negotiate and I was done with exactly what I wanted (it helped they had the car on the lot).

I purposely drove back to Bellevue with my new car and told the sales manager his CA was the sole reason for the lost sale.
Fuck yeah! BMW Seattle rocks If you purchase from BMW Seattle, make sure you ask for Mark, great guy.. made car shopping a HELL of a lot easier. I was so tired of going from dealer to dealer to try and find the right color, options, price etc... I was really considering on waiting or ordering the car but I tried Seattle as my last option since its the furthest dealership from my house (Tacoma). Anyways, I called and made an appointment and when i went in, he grabbed some refreshments (coffee/ water, it was early in the morning).. He sat me down and said to me, "Look, I know you are looking for the best possible deal so I'll work with you if you tell me what you want. I basically summed up everything and we took a look-see around the lot and I saw the Arctic Metallic e90 335i, I was origionally going to go with Sapphire black, or Sparkling graphite but I didn't like how the dirt showed so well, so I was leaning towards a Space Gray and then I found the Arctic color. Long story short, I didn't even have to try and negotiate the price, after the test drive he asked me if I liked the car, I said hell yeah! Then he printed out the price sheet and immediately took off like 6k?, in the end, I paid 48k OTD. He even threw in a few key chains, mats and coffee mugs
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 10:06 AM   #12
Septro
Banned
Rep
Drives: '08 e90 335xi

Yea Mark rocks - he was my CA as well. I should go back and ask him how the M3s are doing right now - last time there, I coulda sworn I saw at least 2 on the floor that hadn't sold in months.

Plus when BMW Seattle moves to the new facility by the stadium - its supposed to make the Lexus of Bellevue place look like a used car lot with all the shit they are doing.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2009, 04:15 PM   #13
asdflkijd
Aberry is a scammer
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Septro View Post
Yea Mark rocks - he was my CA as well. I should go back and ask him how the M3s are doing right now - last time there, I coulda sworn I saw at least 2 on the floor that hadn't sold in months.

Plus when BMW Seattle moves to the new facility by the stadium - its supposed to make the Lexus of Bellevue place look like a used car lot with all the shit they are doing.
Hell yeah! You should definitely check out the M3's they are probably selling for dirt cheap .. Yeah the new facility is supposed to be the shit, high pressure touchless car wash ftmfw!
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #14
MX5ToE9?
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Convertible

Garage List
So I ended up going to BMW Bellevue...I expected the worse but at the end i have no complaints.

Went in for an Oil change and brake fluid flush. Arrived and the person directed me to my SA. SA greeted me, we did a walk around my car and then proceded to sign the service papers, she told me it would be about 2 hours. It was a saturday and no shuttle, so I had arranged a test drive a 5 series ...Sales person forgot i had an appointment, he had to pull up his calendar and then subsequently remembered. Anyways I ended up taking a 5 series for a 1.5 hr test drive by myself, ran some errands...returned and picked up my car.

Oh....they forgot to put my seat back in the original position, but i just pressed the memory key.
Had: 1999 E46
Appreciate 0