E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Whining Speaker Noise??

11-12-2013, 08:19 PM   #1
orlandomma
@orlandomma
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

Whining Speaker Noise??

My car recently started making a whining noise that sounds like its coming out of the speakers. It only makes the sound when I hit about 15 mph or higher. To me it sounds like the common noise made from bad wiring on after market audio equipment, the only thing is my car is completely stock.

So last Thursday I took it to the dealership so they could take care of it. They didn't get with me until yesterday saying that they finally found the source of the noise. They said i had a bad water pump and it was causing the feedback through the speakers??? It didn't make much sense to me, but I didn't care as long as it was fixed.

They finally got the water pump on earlier this afternoon, then they called me saying the noise sounded BETTER, but it was still there. They have no idea where its coming from so they're going to keep looking.

I have no idea when I'm getting my car back!! Have any of y'all heard of this type of thing happening before on a car with no mods?? (I literally just purchased it)
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #2
E90Enthusiast
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i E90

My car has feedback coming through the speakers as well, regardless of the engine or ignition being on or off. My car is completely stock. Are you sure you are only hearing the noise at 15mph and higher? Let us know if and when they find the problem.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 03:26 PM   #3
tturbolife
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: None

Garage List
2020 BMW M340i  [0.00]
Is this from any sound source?
      12-23-2013, 09:17 AM   #4
orlandomma
@orlandomma
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i

It was a big mess. My car is completely stock too. They changed the water pump but the noise was still there. The real problem ended up being the brake booster hose that runs along the drivers side of the car. They said it was loosing pressure which caused the "whining" noise.

Last edited by orlandomma; 12-23-2013 at 09:41 AM..
Appreciate 0