E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > The Sports Lounge > MJ vs. Lebron/Kobe

02-06-2014, 03:25 PM   #133
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MediaArtist View Post
That's my point Cheetos! LBJ based on his shot chart operates like a front court player more than a back court player, that's why he isn't "jacking up" difficult to convert shots. Over half his points are from shots 0-4 feet from the rim.
because he's bigger and stronger than everyone else that guards him, which allows him to efficiently create shots and finish around the bucket......

53% of his shots are inside the paint - 47% are jump shots

compare how many times he shoots it from beyond the paint along with his percentage and compare it to the ELITE SG's around the league

Demar Derozan has taken 565 shots from outside the paint and hits 35%
Jamal Crawford has taken 554 shots from outside the paint and hits 41%
Arron Afflalo has taken 492 shots from outside the paint and hits 45%
Kevin Martin has taken 461 shots from outside the paint and hits 37%
James Harden has taken 375 shots from outside of the paint and hits 36%
Monta Ellis has taken 356 shots from outside the paint and hits 37%
LeBron James has taken 349 shots from outside of the paint and hits 37%
Goran Dragic has taken 319 shots from outside the paint and hits 41%

as a 6'8" 275 SF, he can shoot it BETTER than Derozan & Harden, who are 22+pt scorers in their own right, but he can also shoot it just as well as Ellis...

as far as getting to the rack, he gets to rack MORE than any of his ELITE SF peers and is ONLY behind 4 really good PF's......

David Lee 527 shots in the paint
Blake Griffin 516 shots in the paint
Thaddeus Young 428 shots in the paint
Zach Randolph 417 shots in the paint
LeBron James 403 shots in the paint
Kevin Durant 369 shots in the paint
Paul Millsap 360 shots in the paint
Kevin Love 349 shots in the paint
Josh Smith 347 shots in the paint
LaMarcus Aldridge 344 shots in the paint
Rudy Gay 333 shots in the paint
Evan Turner 310 shots in the paint
Carmelo Anthony 301 shots in the paint
Tim Duncan 290 shots in the paint
Chandler Parsons 280 shots in the paint
Jeff Green 268 shots in the paint
Paul George 244 shots in the paint
Nick Young 180 shots in the paint
Dirk Nowitzki 110 shots in the paint

Bron is a hybrid freak that can shoot from outside the paint just as well as some of the Elite SG's in the league, but he can also muscle up inside and get to the rack like an Elite SF or PF...

that's why Bron's numbers have been through the roof over the last 4 or 5 years, that's why he's the best player in the NBA and that's why he's a back-to-back NBA Finals MVP.....
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2014, 07:28 PM   #134
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

i love lebron haters.

just like i love tom brady haters.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 09:52 PM   #135
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

I wanna hump Bron so hard....

http://espn.go.com/nba/truehoop/miam...-heat-practice
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 08:54 AM   #136
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

ya'll seen Bron's fadeaway 3 !?!?

yeah, I know ya'll did.....

6'8" 275lb King James hitting fade away 24 footers to win games....

**swooooon**
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2014, 09:44 AM   #137
Maddict3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2015 991 GT3

Lebron
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2014, 01:32 AM   #138
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

listen to your president
      02-18-2014, 10:44 AM   #139
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M3 E90

In a 3 on 3 pickup game, wld u rather have MJ, Kobe or Kevin Durant on your team?

I'd have a hard time choosing between MJ or KD...
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 10:56 AM   #140
IzzyGray
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatpanda View Post
In a 3 on 3 pickup game, wld u rather have MJ, Kobe or Kevin Durant on your team?

Since it's a fantasy and all, I'd get all 3 of them to play on my team while I sit courtside betting against the other team.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 01:04 PM   #141
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:

you can take that team.

i'll take Bron, Shaq and Reggie Miller....

it would be like my team walking around and stomping a fresh litter of kittens.....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 08:05 PM   #142
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
you can take that team.

i'll take Bron, Shaq and Reggie Miller....

it would be like my team walking around and stomping a fresh litter of kittens.....
hmm my fantasy team wld b Bird, Dream n Bron
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #143
P Casey
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

Lol is this a real question? LeBron has to organize a team to win. Should of lost last year if spurs didn't blow it due to LeBron errors and saved by a desperation 3 from allen.. LeBron plays in a league with very few good players and teams. He a great basketball player but he is not Jordan not even close never will be. Kobe was closest to Jordan and if he woulda kept shaq he probably would have more rings.

One on one Jordan would be just about anyone. He made the sport.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:09 PM   #144
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
LeBron plays in a league with very few good players and teams.
this era of basketball players are bigger, faster and stronger than anyone from the 70's and 80's and even early 90's.....

even some of the clowns coming off the BENCH are more athletic and better players than most of the starters in the 80's.....

Dirk, Bron, Kobe, Shaq, Rose, Durant, Love, CP3, Duncan, Melo and Kyrie Irving would crush the souls of Magic, Bird, Jordan, Wilkins, Thomas, etc....

Bird and Magic couldn't guard ANYONE from this era....neither could Thomas....

I GREW UP in the 80's and 90's following all these players and I can tell you this, just like baseball and fooball, this era's athletes would dominate SO HARD simply because of coaching, size, athleticism and the advancement of the professional athlete.....
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #145
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

Quote:
Originally Posted by P Casey View Post
Lol is this a real question? LeBron has to organize a team to win. Should of lost last year if spurs didn't blow it due to LeBron errors and saved by a desperation 3 from allen.. LeBron plays in a league with very few good players and teams. He a great basketball player but he is not Jordan not even close never will be. Kobe was closest to Jordan and if he woulda kept shaq he probably would have more rings.

One on one Jordan would be just about anyone.
He made the sport.

He would not beat Lebron. If Mj tried to go to the hole on lebron he'd probably end up on the floor.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 09:55 PM   #146
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

lol - Jordan couldn't even stop Iverson from crossing him up.

imagine a 6'8" 275lb Iverson doing Jordan dirty...

Jordan is really lucky he didn't have to deal with KD and Bron during the year....

hell, Jordan is lucky he ain't have to deal with Derrick Rose and Melo during his playing years either....

hell, I'm sure even T-Mac would have put it all over Jordan's face....

example: go back to see who the elite SG's/SF's were when Jordan played - then compare them to today's elite SG's/SF's.

then laugh at Jordan being able to beat any of these players one on one...

Jordan was ahead of his time back when he revolutionized and put the NBA on the map, but he'd get dominated in today's NBA as un undersized skinny ass kid...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 12:18 AM   #147
fatpanda
Private First Class
Rep

MJ never played against LBJ so its hard to compare...

how abt LBJ vs KD? If KD won a championship, wld he be viewed differently?

http://www.chaaky.com/4/view_message_public
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 09:22 AM   #148
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
MJ never played against LBJ so its hard to compare...

how abt LBJ vs KD? If KD won a championship, wld he be viewed differently?

http://www.chaaky.com/4/view_message_public
this year, I think KD is in the lead for league MVP - no doubt about it.

why ?? because we now see what KD can do without having to share the ball with Westbrook....

BUT, LeBron has been the better player for KD's entire career.

it wasn't until this year, that Durant has been forced to score more...

again, over there careers, there are things that KD can do that Bron can't and vise versa.

but for ONLY THIS YEAR'S scoring output, KD has been the better scorer, not necessarily the better player.

it will be hilarious if his MVP Voting suffers once Westbrook comes back and starts scoring.....

Bron's (4) MVP's (and 2 Finals MVP's) have been won because of his elite versatility with and without the ball, not just the player with the highest scoring average....

Bron's stats from 2012/2013 are some of the sickest stats that anyone has ever put together in the last 3 decades:

26.8 PTS
8 REB
7.3 AST
.565 FG%
.406 3P%....

i'll give you one guess who put together similar stats with less shooting percentages - yep, MJ23 in 1988/1989

32.5 PTS
8 REB
8 AST
.538 FG%
.276 3P%

lastly, you wanna know the funny thing - MJ23 didn't even go to the Finals with those stats and he didn't win an MVP either....some guy named Magic did....
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 10:46 AM   #149
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi A6, 997 GT3 RS, E90 335i

Bron's stats if he HAD played in the era Jordan did when defenders could actually touch you without getting a flagrant 1.

21.5 PTS
8 REB
5.3 AST
.478 FG%
.281 3P%
2.6 TO

Quote:
you wanna know the funny thing - MJ23 didn't even go to the Finals with those stats and he didn't win an MVP either....some guy named Magic did....
Yeah, funny thing, MJ during the first 6 years of his career played in an era dominated by the 2nd Lakers-Celtics rivalry, and then by the Bad Boys from Detroit. You know, kind of like when Bron was in Cleveland, and Paul Pierce and the Celtics continually pushed Bron's shit in before he went to South Beach.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 02-19-2014 at 10:53 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:00 PM   #150
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Bron's stats if he HAD played in the era Jordan did when defenders could actually touch you without getting a flagrant 1.

21.5 PTS
8 REB
5.3 AST
.478 FG%
.281 3P%
2.6 TO
nah, back in the 80's you could plow through someone's handchecks all day.

plus, you could use your offhand a lot more back then than you can now....

plus, NO ONE is stopping Bron in the 80's - only people who had a remote chance of stopping a 6'8" 275lb freight train would be Ewing, Malone and Lambier.

Bron has the explosiveness of Jordan with the size that was unmatched by 99% of the entire league in the 80's - c'mon man.

Bron would dominate a bunch of unathletic clowns in the 80's - there were maaaaaybe a handful of elite players in the 80's that were actually quite athletic and explosive.

each team has 6 or 7 of those guys nowadays.....

again, take the elite SG/SF's from the 80's and match them up against the SF/SG's of this era - you'll laugh.

example: take the 1983 Allstars and compare them to the 2013 Allstars...
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 01:40 PM   #151
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
nah, back in the 80's you could plow through someone's handchecks all day.

plus, you could use your offhand a lot more back then than you can now....
That doesn't make any sense. This isn't NFL football, Bron isn't going to just bum rush his way through a guy who is defending him aggressively, even back then you would still get called for an offensive foul if you just plowed into someone and floored them on the ground.

The simple fact is, and anyone can confirm this just by watching Jordan, Magic, Bird in the highlights, shots were way more physically contested back then compared to today.

Also today's game is completely small ball because of the hand check rule, heck the guy you're sucking off doesn't even play on a team with a true center, and they won 2 championships! They don't even include "centers" in the All-Star voting anymore. The reason for that is because the game has gotten so soft you can't touch anyone on the perimeter anymore, so to defend those shots out there, you need faster, smaller guys, but not necessarily huge muscular guys to defend the shot. How would Bron have done in a league where guys where not only more physical on the perimeter, and then even once you got past them, you had to contend with guys like Hakeem, David Robinson, Ewing, Kareem, and all the other elite big men who were dominating during that era? The true answer: Bron's shot percentage and conversion rate goes way down compared to 2013.

Quote:
take the elite SG/SF's from the 80's and match them up against the SF/SG's of this era - you'll laugh.
Okay.

Clyde Drexler vs Dwayne Wade?
Michael Jordan vs James Harden?
Reggie Miller vs Klay Thompson?
George Gervin vs Joe Johnson?
Joe Dumars vs JR Smith?

Why am I supposed to be laughing again?
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 02:34 PM   #152
Litos
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Clyde Drexler vs Dwayne Wade?
Michael Jordan vs James Harden?
Reggie Miller vs Klay Thompson?
George Gervin vs Joe Johnson?
Joe Dumars vs JR Smith?

Why am I supposed to be laughing again?
you must be high because NEITHER of those guys were on the 1983 All-Star roster

and it's also hilarious how you used the mediocre borderline allstars versus the best players of the 80's. you honestly picked Joe Johnson !??! JR Smith !?!? you're really reaching now dude since neither of those two fringe shitbirds made the all-star team in 2013.....

here, let me do the leg work for you like I have so many times.

here are the BEST players from each of the conferences in 1983:

Bird
Erving
M. Malone
Abdul-Jabbar
Magic

now, those guys were great in their time, back when being strong and athletic meant nothing in the NBA...

now compare those guys to the 2013 All-Stars

Bird - Durant
Erving - Bron
M. Malone - K Garnett
Abdul-Jabbar - Dwight Howard
Magic - Kobe

yeah, that 2013 team would WIPE THE FLOOR with those bums. you know Magic and Bird are defensive liabilities, especially if they had to guard a 6'10" assassin like Durant and a tank with the same quickness as Jordan...

also, check out who else was named "All-Star Starters in 1983: Maurice Cheeks and David Thompson HAHAHAHA !!!!!!

the two "worst" starters the 2013 team had were Blake Griffin and Bosh....

too easy......too esasy........
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 02:59 PM   #153
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Quote:
you must be high because NEITHER of those guys were on the 1983 All-Star roster

and it's also hilarious how you used the mediocre borderline allstars versus the best players of the 80's. you honestly picked Joe Johnson !??! JR Smith !?!? you're really reaching now dude since neither of those two fringe shitbirds made the all-star team in 2013.....

here, let me do the leg work for you like I have so many times.

here are the BEST players from each of the conferences in 1983:

Bird
Erving
M. Malone
Abdul-Jabbar
Magic

now, those guys were great in their time, back when being strong and athletic meant nothing in the NBA...

now compare those guys to the 2013 All-Stars

Bird - Durant
Erving - Bron
M. Malone - K Garnett
Magic - Kobe

yeah, that 2013 team would WIPE THE FLOOR with those bums. you know Magic and Bird are defensive liabilities, especially if they had to guard a 6'10" assassin like Durant and a tank with the same quickness as Jordan...

also, check out who else was named "All-Star Starters in 1983: Maurice Cheeks and David Thompson HAHAHAHA !!!!!!

the two "worst" starters the 2013 team had were Blake Griffin and Bosh....

too easy......too esasy........
I don't care about all-star "selections". Kobe was selected to be a starter for the West in this year's All-Star game and the guy has played 6 games this season. All-Star selections are NOT a barometer for the "best" players in the league, only the most popular. You of all people should know, Jeremy Lin was voted #4 for the West back court, and nearly made the damn team.

All you said was:

Quote:
again, take the elite SG/SF's from the 80's and match them up against the SF/SG's of this era - you'll laugh.
I did that and matched them up arbitrarily. Guess what? I didn't laugh, no one laughed because there's nothing to laugh about. You may think Joe Johnson is a scrub, but by stats and PERs rating, he's one of the most successful shot guards of this era. If you can name 10 SG's that have a better stat line, and PERs ratings for his position, I'll retract my pick.

JR Smith may be having a scrub season, but since he was with NO, through Denver, up to last year with the Knicks when he won the 6th man of the year award, he has been considered one of the best players at his position in the league coming off the bench. Per 36 minutes his career stats go to 18.5 ppg, 4.5 TRB, and 3.0 assist. Not too shabby.

Quote:
Bird - Durant
Erving - Bron
M. Malone - K Garnett
Magic - Kobe
Prime Abdul-Jabber schools Howard, and makes him look silly.

Bird - Durant isn't as bad a matchup as you think. Bird in his prime playing in the "real NBA" had stat lines like this.

84-85 Season:
FG - .522
3P% - .427
TRB - 10.5
Ast - 6.6
PPG - 28.7

As good a season as KD is having this year (MVP caliber), his numbers are not going to be that good, except in the PPG category.

Your pick of Moses Malone is confusing. I can name 5 guys in the 80s considered better than him at the position: Charles Barkeley, McHale, Karl Malone, Ralph Sampson (when not injured), and James Worthy. I don't think KG dominates any of these guys, and KG didn't do it against Malone when they matched up, and that was an old declining Malone.

Magic isn't even a shot guard, so I'm not sure why he would be matched against Kobe, and not MJ who was clearly the premier SG of the 80s (and 90s). Maybe because it blows a hole in your "80's guys suck" theory?

Dr. J vs Bron is the only matchup where I favor the modern era player, but prime Dr. J who played in the ABA era would not be a push over by any means, and would be a tough defensive obstacle for Bron, and definitely would give Bron fits on the offensive end.

Again, even with your own picks, you can't pick a blowout of "unathletic clowns from the 80s" like Larry Bird, MJ, Ewing, Hakeem, Kareem, etc.

Last edited by MediaArtist; 02-19-2014 at 03:20 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 03:28 PM   #154
MediaArtist
There is No Substitute
United_States
Rep

Thumbs up

These guys...

beat these guys... 9 times out of 10

Appreciate 0