E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Coding final drive ratio to the DDE

06-14-2018, 11:00 AM   #23
CarAbuser
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Z4 35i DCT / E92 335i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by renizer View Post
Informative thread, thanks for sharing from my side also. Now, I'm wondering what happens to ESP, xDrive etc.. do they get the changes because the simply get their values from the DME or would their calculations be off as well with a modified FDR?
Second question, suppose I mail a read out BIN file to your tuner, do you think he could simply change the values and send it back to me to flash it?
If you have an N54 engine then you can just change the final drive and individual gear ratios yourself.

Use Tunerpro to edit your bin and use the XDF files from here: https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs

The final drive and gear ratios are in the transmission folder.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2018, 10:21 AM   #24
LMB335IS
Sua Sponte
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 LMB 335is

Garage List
2013 BMW 335is  [8.84]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by renizer View Post
Informative thread, thanks for sharing from my side also. Now, I'm wondering what happens to ESP, xDrive etc.. do they get the changes because the simply get their values from the DME or would their calculations be off as well with a modified FDR?
Second question, suppose I mail a read out BIN file to your tuner, do you think he could simply change the values and send it back to me to flash it?
If you have an N54 engine then you can just change the final drive and individual gear ratios yourself.

Use Tunerpro to edit your bin and use the XDF files from here: https://github.com/dmacpro91/BMW-XDFs

I believe that only works for manual trans cars. I know for a fact it doesn't work on DCT cars.
      07-02-2018, 06:18 AM   #25
renizer
Private
Austria
Rep
Drives: '10 E91 335xi N55 MT6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarAbuser View Post

Great, thanks. However, I got an N55 Maybe there are also XDFs out there for that. Anyways, I guess I could then just use MHD to read & program the modded bin?
Basically, I can easily see that working for the RWD cars but can anyone confirm there are no problems doing that on an xDrive? I would think the xDrive calculations could be off or something, in case its values for axle ratios are hard-coded and not dynamically obtained from the DME. I guess it would be hard to reconfigure the DXC for that. Guess it's the same for the DCT control unit..?
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2018, 07:02 AM   #26
Fathman
Registered
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfleming View Post
Just to conclude this thread, I sent my DDE to that German tuner I mentioned previously, and he reprogrammed the individual gear ratios in the DDE to reflect what was in my car. Problem solved, I now have a shift point indicator that works properly, I have functional cruise control in all gears, and I have full power in all gears. All done for €200!
Very interesting topics. I’ve actually got the same issue as you’ve described above. I had a higher ratio diff put into my 320d f30 series and now my cruise don’t work as it should. I’d appreciate if you could point me into the German tuner. Thanks.
Appreciate 0