E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > NOT impressed with IMPRESSIVE auto

01-30-2012, 12:45 PM   #67
HanSolo
FK JEFF
Rep
Drives: your mom wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine Whiteboy View Post
Not shouting anybody out but somebody I know got their carbon fiber hood painted and in the sunlight u can see right thru the cheap paint and see the CF pattern underneath...
Damn...thats Horrible!!!!

HAHAHA who would pay for that kinda of work?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #68
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

Quote:
Not shouting anybody out but somebody I know got their carbon fiber hood painted and in the sunlight u can see right thru the cheap paint and see the CF pattern underneath...
ferrair has such a thin layer of paint on the scuderia you can see the cf too maybe they were trying to be like them?
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #69
lennon31987
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: m6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Euro ? View Post
Damn man i hope all works out for you .. Im surprised you have been so calm and human about it Haha..
What else can one do? I do not have the time in the day to hang around the shop like so many of the random people I have seen there over the past few months. I had to trust that my car was in good hands and things were being done to ensure its condition. One of my bigger mistakes in life unfortunately.
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 01:56 PM   #70
gtabfknkdnme
5 Star General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82, F30

i had my bumper painted there just fine. no issues, 100% match etc.

just saying

and it's held up fine for almost a year with few to no chips after 15k miles
Appreciate 0
      01-30-2012, 02:03 PM   #71
turk23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i SD M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtabfknkdnme
i had my bumper painted there just fine. no issues, 100% match etc.

just saying

and it's held up fine for almost a year with few to no chips after 15k miles
Sweet makes me feel a lil more comfy
      01-31-2012, 09:38 AM   #72
lennon31987
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk23 View Post
Sweet makes me feel a lil more comfy
Hope it works out in the best possible way for you, did not mean to scare you with my thread, just a recount of the wonderful way my situation was handled. Just pray your freshly painted parts are inside a booth and not dangling from the under carriage of another car.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 10:38 AM   #73
nyalpine90
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: MY24 G01 AW Msport

Garage List
2016 BMW X4  [9.33]
i like the m6 reps
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 11:46 AM   #74
tofu-
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335i Jet Black/Coral Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebadmofo View Post
One thing that I'm wondering. Every single poster that has to say something about negative about Impressive has less than 10 posts on here?
if the old threads were around, you'd see that it's always the same people just rehashing the same problems from way back when. instead of just dealing with them in a civil manner, they ran to the forums and got a bandwagon going to make themselves feel better. now they're on some vendetta to trash every impressive auto thread on here.

EVERY shop has some problems here and there. with the sheer amount of work done every month by any successful shop, there are bound to be mistakes. i don't care if you're a multi-million dollar shop or a smaller business, shit happens.

if you want to truly assess the shop, go over there and look at the work. if you don't like it, fair enough. but there's no reason to flip out when people start egging you on about how dire it is to get your car out of there before their painter touches it. half of the people in this thread crapping on impressive are just regurgitating what their friends told them.

i've personally met some of the "big name" posters from this forum and e46 at john's shop, and they were all satisfied with the outcome of the mechanical work they had done. to be fair, i've tried almost every hyped up shop recommended on these forums in my area to see if they did something extraordinary to the car, and the work has NEVER come out perfect, even when i pay out the ass.

as you can tell from the tone of my post, john is my friend. but even so, if i wasn't completely confident in impressive's ability to work on my car, i would not bring it there time after time.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 12:00 PM   #75
lennon31987
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofu- View Post
if the old threads were around, you'd see that it's always the same people just rehashing the same problems from way back when. instead of just dealing with them in a civil manner, they ran to the forums and got a bandwagon going to make themselves feel better. now they're on some vendetta to trash every impressive auto thread on here.

EVERY shop has some problems here and there. with the sheer amount of work done every month by any successful shop, there are bound to be mistakes. i don't care if you're a multi-million dollar shop or a smaller business, shit happens.

if you want to truly assess the shop, go over there and look at the work. if you don't like it, fair enough. but there's no reason to flip out when people start egging you on about how dire it is to get your car out of there before their painter touches it. half of the people in this thread crapping on impressive are just regurgitating what their friends told them.

i've personally met some of the "big name" posters from this forum and e46 at john's shop, and they were all satisfied with the outcome of the mechanical work they had done. to be fair, i've tried almost every hyped up shop recommended on these forums in my area to see if they did something extraordinary to the car, and the work has NEVER come out perfect, even when i pay out the ass.

as you can tell from the tone of my post, john is my friend. but even so, if i wasn't completely confident in impressive's ability to work on my car, i would not bring it there time after time.

tofu, I understand and respect your position. However, to address the last line of you post. I paid for work to be completed, it was not completed as oil leaks are not part of a successful motor build, consequently neither is more work due to negligence and just pure laziness to not check a component when the car is having basically open heart surgery. I brought the car back because as the shop that repaired it they must stand by there work, makes sense right? They attempted, and attempted again to fix it. The car still has issues, nothing has been resolved.....at what point do you just say no more chances to fix the mistakes, as I said previously, if I wanted to play games and fix mistakes I would have attempted this surgery in my own garage, but I did not. Instead I paid professionals to complete a job which is still not professionally completed (assuming 'professional' alludes to fully completion, issues worked out) not the same reoccurring issues which were never there prior to the beginning of this business relationship.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:02 PM   #76
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
why did page 5 posts get deleted!?
      01-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #77
ultimateendz
Vengeance is mine, I shall repay
United_States
Rep
Drives: X3, CTS-V coupe

restored

01-31-2012, 01:26 PM   #78
lennon31987
Enlisted Member
Rep

looks like the mods intervened and deleted all the irrelevant information in this thread on this page and the next. please keep it civil people.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #79
Alpine Whiteboy
Jerry's Fault...
Rep
Drives: 2013 535xi M-Sport SGM

But I LIKED the strawberry civic I posted...

It was all in good fun...

Martino*Auto*Concepts
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 01:48 PM   #80
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by lennon31987 View Post
looks like the mods intervened and deleted all the irrelevant information in this thread on this page and the next. please keep it civil people.
The same thing happened the last time people posted negative things about Impressive auto. The mods deleted the thread since they are a paying sponsor and you can't bash them in this forum. You CAN however post about them in the vendor review section. They can't touch you there. I'm surprised their little army of nut swingers hasn't showned up yet. Wait...it takes time for them to create new user accounts so they could post raving reviews about themselves lol

Alan
      01-31-2012, 02:13 PM   #81
dfgu
Rep
Drives: 2008 335

Quote:
Some things will never change...

Last year there were PLENTY of reviews/threads like this. Even ones where people were going back for a re-spray more then once from the cheap paint job they did that was chipping in a matter of weeks (which they justify by saying "as long as you bring it back we'll paint it again free of charge"). Like anybody wants to keep going back and forth... I have a friend who had several parts painted there, including window trim that chipped (how window trim chips so easily when its not in direct contact with rocks like a front bumper or hood would be but ok) because honestly he thought MAC was too expensive for him. Well you get what you pay for. I like to call it "Pay now, or pay later. either way, your gonna pay..."

Sad part is, this thread will prob be deleted just like all the other ones were last year. Guess if your a paying vendor on e90, that entitles you to get the moderators to delete any evidence of horrible work your shop may do...

sorry to hear OP. Lesson learned...

www.MartinoAutoConcepts.com
LoL.. I was that guy that kept bringing my car back. I had my front bumper, my rear bumper, fender flares, roof, and skid skirts painted matte black (2002 audi allroad). The front would keep chipping, the front 2 fender flares too. The roof was actually starting to rust. I brought it back and he resprayed everything.

2 weeks later and 100 miles, the front starts chipping again! I asked him what was up with that, and John just said to bring it back to repaint. He'll keep repainting it to keep me happy if he has to.

He just doesn't understand how business works. How do you expect to have a happy customer to refer you if you can't do the work right the first time?

If I ever get my car resprayed again, it will definitely be at MAC.

I was so fed up with the paint, I just wrapped my whole car in vinyl.
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2012, 03:21 PM   #82
3002 tii
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: Z4 M, X5, GX460

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimateendz View Post
restored

YES!!!!
      01-31-2012, 07:44 PM   #83
hemi to e90
dat boost doe
Poland
Rep
Drives: 10 335i 21 740li

you guys flip on people so fucking quick.

not even a sliver of a possibility of objectivity. im disappointed and unimpressed.
      01-31-2012, 11:30 PM   #84
D335NUTZ
The Blue Beast
China
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 335xi in Montego Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by turk23
Quote:
Originally Posted by cn555ic View Post
3 different shades of Montego Blue!
sorry i cant comprehend lol? to make it easier, how do you like the quality and how is the paint holding up? any fading or chipping?
My 3rd bumper was painted somewhere else...

Cobb AP Stage 2+ | BMS DCI | UR Catless DP | UR Chargepipe | Tial BV 50mm | BSH OCC | ETS FMIC | Eisenmann Race Exhaust | KWv1 Coilovers | Volk TE37 TC Kline Ed.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:01 AM   #85
Rooster335i
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 335i E90 TiAg

I would never step my foot there after reading this post. OP you have a lot of patience consider what they had done to your car. Good luck and keep us posted.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 01:12 AM   #86
turk23
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 335i SD M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilazn View Post
My 3rd bumper was painted somewhere else...
lol i really should use my glasses more my question had already been answered before i even asked it by u lol. now i feel even dumber haha
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #87
Tari
Captain
Rep
Drives: MG M4

Lol everyone knows impressive does bad work. My 335 will never see that place Motorcepts is much better.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2012, 10:24 AM   #88
lennon31987
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfgu View Post
LoL.. I was that guy that kept bringing my car back. I had my front bumper, my rear bumper, fender flares, roof, and skid skirts painted matte black (2002 audi allroad). The front would keep chipping, the front 2 fender flares too. The roof was actually starting to rust. I brought it back and he resprayed everything.

2 weeks later and 100 miles, the front starts chipping again! I asked him what was up with that, and John just said to bring it back to repaint. He'll keep repainting it to keep me happy if he has to.

He just doesn't understand how business works. How do you expect to have a happy customer to refer you if you can't do the work right the first time?

If I ever get my car resprayed again, it will definitely be at MAC.

I was so fed up with the paint, I just wrapped my whole car in vinyl.

sounds like a nightmare, thank you for sharing.
Appreciate 0