E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > (Maybe) the Loudest exhaust in the world, by not having one in the first plac

10-28-2013, 03:01 PM   #1
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

Talking (Maybe) the Loudest exhaust in the world, by not having one in the first plac

Ever wondered what the V8 M3 sounds like without an exhaust? That’s what I went to find out today while taking the Supersprint Race off the car. Started her up without the back box (muffler, axle-back, auspuff, rear section) and the results are amazing!

It’s ridiculously loud as expected in terms of volume, but I was pleasantly surprised that the tone characteristic sounded rather nice. I just wish I could run the car like that. Cheaper than any after market exhaust out there in the world and it saves a ton of weight at the same time.

The OEM exhaust is mega heavy!

The primary catalytic converters are still there; the secondary cats and resonators have been removed previously. So the sound you hear is pretty much a cat back straight pipe. Love it!

I did eventually put the original exhaust back on to the car before I left just so you know.
      10-29-2013, 02:27 AM   #2
phil200tdi
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i M Sport E90 LCI manual

Duck in hell - lol

Sounds great, but would be tiresome everyday. A standard exhaust with cut outs could be a good plan.
      10-29-2013, 08:24 AM   #3
sylonien
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3

That's what I thought.

Tried looking in to it but haven't really found that many options here in the UK?
There's a US company called QTP which does i think.