E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Bmw recall. Parts replaced?

06-09-2018, 08:42 AM   #1
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 335d

Bmw recall. Parts replaced?

On the recall. What exactly are the parts replaced? Can anyone point them out in realoem or similar?

I just want to know what us exactly going to be removed from my car to get to the faulty component?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 11:53 AM   #2
RENT-A-GOAT
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 320D Xdrive Msport+

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by richard_tricky View Post
On the recall. What exactly are the parts replaced? Can anyone point them out in realoem or similar?

I just want to know what us exactly going to be removed from my car to get to the faulty component?

Thanks
For the battery it's the main battery coupling to the main harness as far as I'm aware (mine was done last year) and the heater it's the loom to the blower and control module to main harness not sure on part numbers. Saw mine today they had the tray under the dash out to get to the heater looms. For battery they had the full boot lining out and the arch the side the battery is on or that is what I was told at the time iirc
      06-09-2018, 01:01 PM   #3
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Thanks !
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2018, 06:08 PM   #4
jwilalex
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 318i LCI SE Business Edn

Yep they replaced the whole b+ cable on mine which runs from the battery in the right rear of the boot and along the right side of the car to the front where it then makes its way behind/under the dash to the fuse panel behind the glovebox. So any bit of trim along that route as they have to remove the old cable and insert the new one into the existing loom/bunched cables and that can only be achieved by removing the various interior trim parts. It’s most definitely not just a case of snipping off the old connections at either end and crimping the new ones on. No pucker dealer should ever do that but it may be something that would be done in a less reputable back street garage as its much less hassle or time consuming but I bet they’d still charge the equivalent of the proper job. All up took the dealer around 3 hours to complete.

The second recall to do with the heater loom is pending parts and I was told there’s a bit of a delay on that. It was checked at the time the battery cable was done and looked fine but I was told by the dealer they will be replacing them regardless of appearance anyway and I’d be called when parts are in. I’ve told them to do it while they have the car for MOT mid July (on assumption parts would be readily available by then).
Appreciate 2
      06-10-2018, 02:04 AM   #5
richard_tricky
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep

Hmm sounds like a lot of potential broken clips and rattles to me. After my previous experience with dealers I'm not sure if I trust them.

So basically it's the big terminals that go into the fuse box at the front of the car.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 05:06 AM   #6
Aaronexx
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335d

See some people getting injectors replace as that was a recall back in the day? Hoping I get more than just the 1 recall done on my car, would love some shiny new injectors
      10-20-2018, 06:07 PM   #7
bee-ma
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by RENT-A-GOAT View Post
For the battery it's the main battery coupling to the main harness as far as I'm aware (mine was done last year) and the heater it's the loom to the blower and control module to main harness not sure on part numbers. Saw mine today they had the tray under the dash out to get to the heater looms. For battery they had the full boot lining out and the arch the side the battery is on or that is what I was told at the time iirc
Strange... I was told nothing is done in the boot - both the battery connector and blower resistor connector are replaced behind the glove box.
Appreciate 0