E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > TPMS Enable?

10-12-2018, 08:56 PM   #1
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
TPMS Enable?

Background:My non iDrive 2011 335i xDrive E90 (build date July 22, 2010) combo RDC+transmitter failed and would not pass Pennsylvania's Annual Vehicle Inspection with the TPMS CEL displayed.
I disconnected the defective RDC+transmitter and removed $2VB from the VO and default coded the CAS, Kombi, and NFRM module. I did not have to use manipulation nor pull the fuse.
My question: Do I add $2VB to the VO before I connect the new combo unit?

In case anyone else tears apart their trunk looking for the non-existent separate RDC module. The correct part number is #36 10 6 868 194 and is located behind the right rear wheel well liner.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2018, 10:42 AM   #2
cranelec
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW

Garage List
TLDR: Thanks to all forty members who took the time to read this post.
SOLUTION: Plug-in the new module, Read CAS using NCS and write to the RDCLC module.

I've come to realize that when no one answers a question, it's more often than not a stupid question that could have been answered with a little more effort/research on my part.
In this case, the cost of the new RDC+Transmitter's combo unit MSRP exceeded $320 and many people would insist that I already solved this problem by coding out the failed module to pass inspection. Also, I'm sure some forum members consider dropping $300+ into an eight old FBO car just plain stupid.
Appreciate 0