E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

03-16-2012, 03:18 AM   #1343
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BasherE90 View Post
Eric, what wheels were you driving on before the Volk TE37SL? That's the look I'm after.
they were Miro 111.

http://www.**********s.com/Miro-111-Wheels-BMW.htm

they are good looking wheels with enough concave in shape, downside they were a bit heavy ~25lbs and also they are cast wheels.

i still have them and currently let my friend rocking them in his Z4M. honestly they are nice looking wheels that's why i never sell them and rather just let my friend using it.

Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 07:58 AM   #1344
dbjb
I sweat pheromones
Rep
Drives: e92 335i, retired SLK55

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
i don't think local dealer will match it, you know niello won't and roseville bmw is kinda sucks...

im thinking to get my 2nd cat delete tho, that can bring up the volume a bit too =)
Why not just catless downpipes that'll also give you power?
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:38 AM   #1345
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsbj View Post
Why not just catless downpipes that'll also give you power?
Doo eet! DP's + secondary cats on PE would sound great! Then you can use a higher map with the Cobb.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #1346
BasherE90
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
they were Miro 111.
Now those are sexy wheels! Gorgeous car also. I'd prob order these if you and Will hadn't gotten me paranoid about alloy cast. But roads around here are going from bad to worst...I long for the autobahn's flatness and perfection!
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:14 PM   #1347
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syndicategt View Post
Doo eet! DP's + secondary cats on PE would sound great! Then you can use a higher map with the Cobb.
i dont wanna deal with all the labor when it comes to smog, u know....
also at what im running now, the S1+ actually has more power than regular S2. so im happy with that. so far i have 343whp/393wtq. not too shaddy at all =)
remember that's with oem DP.
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2012, 10:33 PM   #1348
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
i dont wanna deal with all the labor when it comes to smog, u know....
also at what im running now, the S1+ actually has more power than regular S2. so im happy with that. so far i have 343whp/393wtq. not too shaddy at all =)
remember that's with oem DP.
Dude what all have you done? that seems pretty impressive with stock DP's. My baseline run was 230 whp on a Dyno Dynamics. I know not all Dyno are alike. but what all have you done? FMIC, Cobb and kittyless PE? I want a hundred more whp's...

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI

Last edited by VNeBLOB42; 03-16-2012 at 10:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 01:09 AM   #1349
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Dude what all have you done? that seems pretty impressive with stock DP's. My baseline run was 230 whp on a Dyno Dynamics. I know not all Dyno are alike. but what all have you done? FMIC, Cobb and kittyless PE? I want a hundred more whp's...
i only have BMW PE, BMS drop-in filter, ETS 5" FMIC and cobb running S1+.

the delta increase between S1 and S1+ is 20whp and 50wtq. which is IMPRESSIVE! boost was running 3psi more.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 11:44 AM   #1350
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

the delta increase between S1 and S1+ is 20whp and 50wtq. which is IMPRESSIVE! boost was running 3psi more.
Nice! Cobb is my next mod Stage 1 aggressive/sport. i was waiting for the hesitation/sputtering fix and it appears it is fix now. FMIC will wait, have you tried running 93 octane? does it really make a difference for the cost?

I had my oil service and spark plug change out yesterday and one of the service consultants stop me in the coffee lounge and ask if i was running Cobb.

I found it strange and wasn't sure if he was trying to pull a fast one, he even suggested getting one and uninstalling it before i bring the car in. Even though that was my intent but still told him I was going to wait. At the same time i found this being pretty cool and I appreciated his honesty. Just wanted to share my experience with my service rep. He even mentioned they came across a JB, and they didn't care. Just don't do something stupid and over boost your turbos.

oh and i quote "why do we care about mods, we have to prove that the issue/defect came from the mod (we talked about Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). Why do we want to deny service, we want to keep our workers busy." something to that affect...

made sense to me...

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 12:34 PM   #1351
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
Quote:

Nice! Cobb is my next mod Stage 1 aggressive/sport. i was waiting for the hesitation/sputtering fix and it appears it is fix now. FMIC will wait, have you tried running 93 octane? does it really make a difference for the cost?

I had my oil service and spark plug change out yesterday and one of the service consultants stop me in the coffee lounge and ask if i was running Cobb.

I found it strange and wasn't sure if he was trying to pull a fast one, he even suggested getting one and uninstalling it before i bring the car in. Even though that was my intent but still told him I was going to wait. At the same time i found this being pretty cool and I appreciated his honesty. Just wanted to share my experience with my service rep. He even mentioned they came across a JB, and they didn't care. Just don't do something stupid and over boost your turbos.

oh and i quote "why do we care about mods, we have to prove that the issue/defect came from the mod (we talked about Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act). Why do we want to deny service, we want to keep our workers busy." something to that affect...

made sense to me...
Any chance, did u talk to that SA at Elk Grove niello?
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 10:16 AM   #1352
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
Quote:

made sense to me...
Any chance, did u talk to that SA at Elk Grove niello?
Yup, Elk Grove Niello.

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:26 AM   #1353
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Woohoo sold my car for much more than I hoped for! Thank god that POS is out of my life once and for all. I will never own another BMW out of warranty again, learned my lesson with my past 3 bimmers.
2008 BMW 335i e90 - Sold - Rob Beck Turbos / PROcede V5 / Aquamist HFS-4 / AR Downpipes / AE Exhaust / ER Comp FMIC / ER CP / TiAL BOV / Custom Intake / RPI Scoops / Quaife LSD / Swift-Koni Coilovers / DSS HS / Morr VS8.2 Sig Black / Michelin PSS / P3 Boost Guage / M3 body / M3 steering wheel / Adam's Rotors / Hawk HPS / SS lines /
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 11:30 AM   #1354
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Woohoo sold my car for much more than I hoped for! Thank god that POS is out of my life once and for all. I will never own another BMW out of warranty again, learned my lesson with my past 3 bimmers.
      03-18-2012, 01:07 PM   #1355
BasherE90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Congrats on the sale! I just fell out of warranty on my 3, and am hoping the car will hold another year without major issues.
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #1356
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
How's the Mercedes treating you?

Appreciate 0
      03-18-2012, 08:19 PM   #1357
Syndicategt
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
How's the Mercedes treating you?
Problem free from mile 1 to 35,000 miles. Knock on wood. The new Jeep is finally broken in, I'm enjoying the large V8.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 02:30 AM   #1358
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yup, Elk Grove Niello.
i forgot his name but i think i ran into him once while i was waiting to pickup my car from service, he gave me some good compliments on my exterior mods and we started the conversation there. he seems a very nice guy, he knows a local forum member "trevor" who has a aw e90 with jb4+meth? but yea he told me what's service friendly what's not. he informed me DP is a no go but flash tune/piggyback, just put everything back to stock when the car is in for service/warranty, as long as they dont see it during they are working on your car, it is ok. that's why ive been holding up on DP for 2 years and don't wanna mess with it.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 10:42 AM   #1359
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
i forgot his name but i think i ran into him once while i was waiting to pickup my car from service, he gave me some good compliments on my exterior mods and we started the conversation there. he seems a very nice guy, he knows a local forum member "trevor" who has a aw e90 with jb4+meth? but yea he told me what's service friendly what's not. he informed me DP is a no go but flash tune/piggyback, just put everything back to stock when the car is in for service/warranty, as long as they dont see it during they are working on your car, it is ok. that's why ive been holding up on DP for 2 years and don't wanna mess with it.
Sweet, yup he said the same thing to me about the DP's. I have his card if you need it.

so when can i hear the PE?

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 12:43 PM   #1360
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Sweet, yup he said the same thing to me about the DP's. I have his card if you need it.

so when can i hear the PE?
sure! what is his name btw? ive been always go to Bob Caudle, he is a very nice SA, but i figure maybe give this guy a try before my warranty is up in Nov. so far nothing really goes wrong with my car but just in case =)

um.... are you available today between 4-6?
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:10 PM   #1361
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
sure! what is his name btw? ive been always go to Bob Caudle, he is a very nice SA, but i figure maybe give this guy a try before my warranty is up in Nov. so far nothing really goes wrong with my car but just in case =)

um.... are you available today between 4-6?
LOL, not available have work and then class today.

I sent you a PM. Bob Caudle is my SA as well. he is awesome, been with him since 2003 with my E46.... RIP.

Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 01:31 PM   #1362
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL, not available have work and then class today.

I sent you a PM. Bob Caudle is my SA as well. he is awesome, been with him since 2003 with my E46.... RIP.
LOL its ok, send me a text when you think you will be available on certain day and i'll see if i can make it. =)
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:27 PM   #1363
BasherE90
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
I ended up buying Will's Morr's vs8.2 rims tonight. He was cool enough to install them for me (Thanks Will!!). First impressions...

LOOKS- These rims, with the black/silver color combo, are a perfect match for my black e90. It's amazing how gorgeous rims can completely transform a car!
PERFORMANCE - I definitely feel more of the road now, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. On my way home, a modded 350z challenged me, so I accepted. I was amazed at the sudden improvement in off-the-line acceleration as well as the steering response. However, I felt that my car was riding on air, which makes me think my Koni's need to be adjusted. I'll have to play with the adjustments since all 4 Koni's are externally adjustable.
TIRES - I've been driving on V12s for the past 2 years because Michelin's were too pricey. It's amazing the grip these Michelin PSS' offer!

So far, definitely no buyer's remorse. Next step..photo shoot in old sac.
Appreciate 0
      03-19-2012, 11:38 PM   #1364
Gamma6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E90

Quote:
Congrats on the sale, glad it wasnt me... If anyone one knows someone selling a 335 plz lmk...
Appreciate 0