E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Crankshaft Pulley (Dampener) Bolt Torque

03-11-2015, 10:01 PM   #1
urfankhaliq
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 530e G30

Garage List
Question Crankshaft Pulley (Dampener) Bolt Torque

Hi so I have a 2005 E90 320d Auto and to summarise....yesterday my crankshaft pulley just cracked and fell off!

I had it replaced with a new one from Euro Car Parts (Dayco branded) along with new bolt and belt.

Later as I was driving along the M25 I lost power and battery light came on along with over heating light, and lost power steering!

Pulled into services and saw the bolt is almost all out!!

So took car back to the garage who fit it (small local garage) and got it done properly (ended up helping him)

My question is this...

Does anyone know the correct torque settings for this bolt? (its a single bolt holding the crankshaft pulley)

It is now done to 100nm along with a couple of 60 degree turns and a 30 degree turn. Thats what I found during my research online, he previously didn't even use a torque wrench and just tighten it "really tight!"