E90Post
 


The Tire Rack
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Head lights and fog lights



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      11-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #1
905SlowE92
Private First Class
905SlowE92's Avatar
Canada
50
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW E92 328I
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Head lights and fog lights

Hey everyone,

My low beam and high beam lights need to be replaced and my fog lights are the old halogen yellowish colour. I want them all in a nice clean white and I currently have the Xenon head light for my 2007 E92 328i. Any recommendations as to what i should be buying? If you guys have links to Amazon that would be great!

thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2020, 11:52 AM   #2
uber
uber driver
103
Rep
654
Posts

Drives: 2011 335i E90
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bay Area

iTrader: (5)

Theretrofitsource has some good quality D1S to run as your low beams. I think they're almost as good as my old Osrams.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d1...D1S?quantity=1
Appreciate 1
      11-20-2020, 10:45 AM   #3
905SlowE92
Private First Class
905SlowE92's Avatar
Canada
50
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW E92 328I
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by uber View Post
Theretrofitsource has some good quality D1S to run as your low beams. I think they're almost as good as my old Osrams.

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/d1...D1S?quantity=1
I replaced my day light running bulbss, I need the high beams/low beams and the fog lights but I'm not sure exactly which to get
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2020, 08:57 PM   #4
Bimmer_Bro
Second Lieutenant
Bimmer_Bro's Avatar
Canada
77
Rep
261
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 335xi LCI
Join Date: Dec 2019
Location: Calgary Alberta Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905SlowE92 View Post
Hey everyone,

My low beam and high beam lights need to be replaced and my fog lights are the old halogen yellowish colour. I want them all in a nice clean white and I currently have the Xenon head light for my 2007 E92 328i. Any recommendations as to what i should be buying? If you guys have links to Amazon that would be great!

thanks in advance
For super bright white fog lights I recommend these :

https://topgearsolutions.com/hpb-bmw...0-f32-f20-f22/

Bought a few months ago and they have been excellent! I honestly can't believe how bright they are. Make sure you buy the optional resistors so you won't throw codes.
__________________
Instagram : @Bimmer_bro
Appreciate 1
      12-03-2020, 11:09 AM   #5
smatanovic
New Member
3
Rep
17
Posts

Drives: 2006 325xi Touring
Join Date: Oct 2020
Location: 215

iTrader: (0)

FWIW yellow light from your fogs will help you see much better in inclement weather, which is what fogs are for. I run Hella yellow star bulbs in mine and I am really happy.
Appreciate 2
      12-12-2020, 09:52 AM   #6
pupster
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 905SlowE92 View Post
I replaced my day light running bulbss, I need the high beams/low beams and the fog lights but I'm not sure exactly which to get
If my car doesn't have angel/halo lights, are are the DRL the same thing?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2020, 12:54 PM   #7
905SlowE92
Private First Class
905SlowE92's Avatar
Canada
50
Rep
117
Posts

Drives: 2007 BMW E92 328I
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Ontario, Canada

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by pupster View Post
If my car doesn't have angel/halo lights, are are the DRL the same thing?
So thats where im confused. I have separate bulbs for my DRL but i don't know which bulb to use for my ow and high beams
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2021, 10:17 AM   #8
pupster
Registered
0
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: BMW E90
Join Date: Dec 2020
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I'm so confused. So I have halogen lights (non Xenon) on my 2008 3.28i? And if so, is the circled bulb the DRL? And it's halogen also? Anyone know the part #?
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2021, 02:48 PM   #9
eljay
Captain
245
Rep
830
Posts

Drives: ///M + E91
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: NS

iTrader: (0)

Those are called parking or city lights. On other manufacturers, they are typically T10 bulbs.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:27 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST