E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Joying 10.25" Android Head Unit Install - Non Idrive - Digital Audio Out & Carplay

09-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #23
s0undgarden
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i

Also, what if I need to use heat during the colder months? Will this unit blow up lol? I can't imagine heat directly from the vent would be a good idea.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 03:15 PM   #24
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedomfries View Post
Thanks for documenting and sharing this with us. How are you liking it so far? I've never found an Android headunit that I was completely happy with but this seems like a great option.
Honestly, it does everything I need that my stock non nav system didn't. The app for carplay can be a little inconsistent with the wired connection. I have a back up cam but I haven't installed it. The microphone doesn't pick up well but I put it in the stock mic location but I didn't place it well so I need to adjust it and check again. Overall, I can't really complain. They have new units with android 10. The unit I have can't be upgraded from android 8.

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undgarden View Post
Total cost for all the parts? I'm debating this or other 10.25" unit that requires cutting the dash. Also, any pics of backup camera working?
I can't recall all the costs, but I believe it was about $375 for the HU. Then about $20 for the fascia. Another $20 for the BMW harness from Joying. About $2.00 for the screws and thats about it. Maybe $5 for a 6' male to female USB. Thats USD.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2020, 03:16 PM   #25
PORTMOODY
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coal Roller

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0undgarden View Post
Also, what if I need to use heat during the colder months? Will this unit blow up lol? I can't imagine heat directly from the vent would be a good idea.
Yeah, I thought about this. You can mount it lower so it's not in line with the vents, but I never use heat on the face vents in the winter. I always use the defog function only. That is a definite sacrifice you need to make if you want to mount it higher and get heat to the face.
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2020, 10:14 PM   #26
picklz
Registered
Rep
Drives: Shopping

I really like this setup, but I can't find a 10.25" model listed anywhere. Does anyone know if Joying still makes this or if it was discontinued? I was considering the 9" option but I think I'd prefer this route if it's still available.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2020, 08:20 PM   #27
crashoverride
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: na

Quote:
Originally Posted by picklz View Post
I really like this setup, but I can't find a 10.25" model listed anywhere. Does anyone know if Joying still makes this or if it was discontinued? I was considering the 9" option but I think I'd prefer this route if it's still available.
https://www.joyingauto.com/joying-10...al-output.html
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2021, 04:29 PM   #28
dandelion
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 328xi

So after a few months of use, would you say the screen size is good enough for you? I'm deciding between this one and the 10.1", which is a bigger screen despite a smaller number because it's more squarely than the 10.25" that you have. I understand I would have to mod the climate control to fit the 10.1", but I thought bigger is better no?
Appreciate 0