E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > e90 steering wheel replacement/rehab

01-11-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
rkmjr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2 ,M & Exe Pkg, MT & MPE

Garage List
Not sure if this is the right place for this thread. I am usually on the M2 forum, but I have a question about an upgrade/mod to my 11' e90 335 x-drive, M-Pkg & Convenience Pkg. I got it new and when the lease ran out I was disappointed that they keep making the 3 series bigger so I bought it out of lease. It has been a great car and is in very good shape with 96K+ miles. I continue to use it as a DD, but I have gotten spoiled with my wife's SUV and my M2 both have heated steering wheel's (HSW). I do not drive my M2 in the winter very much, so I have thought about getting one (HSW) for my 335. My first question is, could I buy an 3 series or M3 replacement (new or used) with heating capability as a direct replacement. I do realize they are RATHER costly (yeah, what did I expect?). Will the current wiring harness provide the necessary connections? If not, is this something that can be accomplished easily? If I want to look for a used one, any suggestions for where I could look?
Or, is there anyone that could refurbish my current steering wheel with heating capability? If that is possible, again, is the wiring harness adaptable? Any suggestions or words of advice would be appreciated.
Attached Images

01-17-2021, 06:35 PM   #2
DoJu3
Private
Rep
Drives: 10' BMW 328i Xdrive Sedan

I would think it's cheaper to buy a used heated steering wheel and have all the components added, than it is to have your existing wheel wired and rewrapped.

I would start on this thread and go from there.

https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1528395

Heated steering wheels are not that expensive I paid 200 for a new one on ebay, my car came with a heated wheel but the heating element was messing up to where it was only lukewarm, far from how the new one operates.
Appreciate 0