E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Do not do business with IPEX Motoring

03-05-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E93 328i Convertible

Do not do business with IPEX Motoring

I wouldn't do business with iPexMotoring, looks like they focus on getting more positive reviews from you than actual quality control. Then throw there hands in the air and say "sorry, we just purchase equipment and resell it" well maybe you should check what you are buying because the quality of the item is like my nephew made it in elementary school.

Full email chain below. Start from the bottom up. I can't believe that they want me to provide them with a positive review for a negative experience.

That's just poor business!

-------------------------------------------
I just want to confirm this. So you will not give a full refund until I give you a positive feedback?

Please confirm. Because I should be given a full refund regardless as the item I ordered was scratched and in an unacceptable condition.

Please process my refund and depending on the timely process I will leave a positive review on the refund process only.

Thank you.

M A C C H O U D H R Y

On Mar 5, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Kwan Lei <ipexmotoring@yahoo.com> wrote:

Thank you for contacting us~

We really do apologize for any inconvenience that may caused you.

We will be more then glad to offer a FULL refund back to your account, and you can keep this item, we do not need you to return this item back to us.

Please understand that we are just a retail seller and we do not make this item, this item are purchased and processed through our supplier.

Due to this reason, we really do apologize and there is no other Sellers on eBay would offer this as a compensation, but we will, because we want you to have a great experience purchase on eBay. We would like to ask you to leave us a favorable feedback so we can further process a FULL refund back to your account.

If you can please confirm so we can further process a FULL refund back to your account.

If you have any further question or concern, please feel free to contact us at anytime for assistants.

Sincerely
Ipexmotoring
ipexmotoring@yahoo.com
V.C.

To: "ipexmotoring@yahoo.com" <ipexmotoring@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, March 5, 2012 6:32 AM
Subject: Return

I purchased the below clear reflector and when it arrived it had scratches all along the finish when I opened up the wrapping. I then placed it back into its box and would like to return it.

Please let me know the process for return. I do not want an exchange as the finish on this should have been checked prior to sending piece to customer.

Thank you

Mac.

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################

Last edited by E93MAC; 03-06-2012 at 11:03 PM.. Reason: Removal of email address
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 07:40 PM   #2
EYE4SPEED
Ex-Diesel Driver
United_States
Rep
Drives: Audi SQ5

How much did you pay for it? Old adage is you get what you pay for.
      03-05-2012, 08:28 PM   #3
phazen23
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Seems to me they really give a shit about their rating. I woulda told them to give me an immediate refund or I'll leave negative feedback. Then once I received the refund, I'd probably do it anyway. They'll learn their lesson and source parts from somewhere that doesn't ship defective product.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #4
Yvette
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

at least they have no problem refunding your money,
I dont see a problem.
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 08:36 PM   #5
TC_e90
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 LCI 335i

Ebay maybe cheaper, but some seller's return/exchange policy suck and quality is undependable. You are lucky to get a full refund, some require you to return item at your own shipping cost and some even take their shipping costs out of your refund.

Buy from forum vendors instead

Last edited by TC_e90; 03-05-2012 at 08:45 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-05-2012, 11:17 PM   #6
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Yeah unfortunately since I'm new I didn't realize there were forum vendors :-) but now I do so I'll make sure to do that. I paid $40 which seemed like an average rate that everyone was charging. Yes I'm definitely lucky to be getting a refund. I did tell them that I would not leave any kind of rating until I received a refund and they told me that it will be refunded back within 2-3 days. Once it is refunded I'll leave a negative feedback anyway. It seems that they have mostly a positive review on their eBay store and I'm wondering if it's because they are pulling the same crap on others. There is no reason to leave a positive feedback on a negative experience.

The reason I wanted to post it was that I didn't want the same people on here that have helped me out so much to fall into the same trap.

Thanks guys!

Mac.

################[Mac's '07 E93 328i]################
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 06:33 AM   #7
W.WCherry
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e92

Full refund plus you didn't have to return the part.

I don't see the problem.
Performance |Dinan Stage 3 Software|Dinan IC|Dinan OC|UUC/Corsa Exhaust|Koni FSD Shocks and Struts|Eibach Spings|Hotchkis Anti Sway Bars|6MT|Style |Aero Lip|Aero Rear|M3 Spoiler|BMW Gloss Black Kidney Grills|BMW Aluminum Pedals|BMW LCI Tail Lights|HID Fog Lights|25%Tint|Advan AVS Model F7 19" Rims|Lux V3 AEs|Premium|Sport|Comfort Access|
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 08:04 AM   #8
///3dkn
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F87 M2C

Garage List
2019 BMW M2C  [8.67]
Quote:
Originally Posted by B.Corso
Full refund plus you didn't have to return the part.

I don't see the problem.
+1
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 10:09 PM   #9
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Well I thought maybe some people would like to know. I no longer see a problem either. But why subject other readers to the same company that does business in this manner?

But if you guys wish to send them business feel free, I'm just letting people know that they probably shouldn't purchase items from this company. Whether they do or don't its up to them.

Strictly a watch out message.
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 10:31 PM   #10
FreakinA
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 335i

Dude, Censor out your email address... Or at least I would?
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2012, 11:04 PM   #11
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks FreakinA. I took it out of the post.

But good looking out! :-) Appreciate it!
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2012, 01:40 AM   #12
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by E92nate View Post
+1
+2

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #13
e90-328i
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 328i RWD!

Actually that is a place that I would buy from on eBay. Think about it. You got an item that was damaged. You told them, they said sorry and we will give you your money back and just keep the part. ( use it sell it throw it out for all they care ) they just ask to be fair in feedback. I would give a good rating cause they stand behind what they sell.
I have an eBay store and you know what,,, mistakes happen. What do you want him to do?? If he told you take a hike like some do then freak out. There are lots of guys on eBay that would do that.
You treating this like he purposely done it.
Chill out its 40 bucks.(and you got it back) I thought this would be real interesting story. But turned out to be splilled milk!
      03-11-2012, 06:11 AM   #14
jeremicium
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 328i

Garage List
I don't get all of the people that don't see a problem with a vendor trying to blackmail a customer....probably the kind of people that would do the same thing. Good on you OP for pointing out an unscrupulous retailer.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 06:22 AM   #15
lux.sh
missing two turbos.
United_States
Rep
Drives: fast around corners.

Garage List
I'll buy from them. They let you keep the part and refund you the money for the reputation.

They are retailers, and ship what they receive. I understand your frustration as a buyer, but not many companies stand up behind like that. You should be thankful.

No big deal, it is 40 dollars. I've gotten f**ked over for hundreds. Then again, they probably refunded you cause it was only 40 bucks.

Then AGAIN, there are POS sellers who wouldn't refund even 7 dollars. They ask to ship that shit back to hong kong or some f**king country which costs over $20 just to ship.

So whatever. Thanks for the info anyways.

: Prior Design Front : ACS Rear : ACS Roof : BlackLines : Simota Intake : Carbon Fiber Interior Trim :
: MTEC V3 : 24% Charcoal : V1 Hardwired : Solaris Invisibulbs/LED interior :
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 07:11 AM   #16
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Word to the wise, it may not apply here, but let me tell you what happened to my wife. She ordered XMAS gifts online from a popular co. that sets up kiosks in the mall during the holidays. She went online, placed an order, the price was wrong. She called an 800#, went to some call center in Ohio, the person said they'd correct the price. Instead, they changed the order to qty 10. When my wife got her cc statement, she was billed for 20 gifts, instead of 2. couldn't reach the co. because there was like a 60 min. wait on hold, so she filed a dispute with the cc. After about a month, the cc co. said the charges are valid per the merchant. WTF? She wanted to send two people one gift each, they made a mistake and it was 10 gifts to two people, and we have to pay?

I said where is this POS co. located, Ohio? Let me do an online complaint with the BBB. 5 day later they apologized and a credit for 18 gifts was put on the cc. Why should we have to pay an extra $1260 for their mistake?

The moral of the story is you think the cc co. is on your side, but they are not, they do what the merchant says. We were lucky that the POS co. was a member of the BBB. FYI.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2012, 09:58 AM   #17
Eternal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i xDrive

After reading the email traffic, I would for sure buy from them!!!

I actually understand, we will give the full refund with positive feedback. Feedback is everything on ebay. I will not touch a company that does not have good feedback. And I have read some peoples feedback. Company claims they gave full refund and the person still leaves bad feedback. This way, it is win win. You get your money, they get the good rep.

Not many business's are so quick to refund AND let you keep it. I would say this is a good company.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:25 AM   #18
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'm keeping an open mind with what I see here everyone is making valid arguments. Again I purely wanted to inform people based on a few things:

1) why waste your time waiting on a poor quality part? If you had seen the part you would see it should not even be sold its of that poor quality.
2) they wanted me to leave good feedback BEFORE they would send me a refund. Until I pointed out that that is just wrong. Send me the refund and I will give good feedback on just the refund part. But I'm not giving good feedback for the purchase and receiving part because it wasn't a good experience.
3) I posted on here not because I'm crying about it but it's just a warning. If people want to order from them go ahead but what I was trying to protect people from was, waiting for the part, it comes in, it's not the quality that was shown online, it's damaged, you email them wait for a response then speak with them about getting your refund then waiting for your refund, then you go online and have to look for another retailer for the same part.

I stand by my post and do not think I did anything incorrectly. Those that do think I am creating an issue for no reason, may continue to think that way.

I'll get off my soap box now ;-)

Thanks for reading and you all continue to be great supporters in the modding of my e93.

Thanks!

Mac.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:30 AM   #19
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Thanks I appreciate it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremicium View Post
I don't get all of the people that don't see a problem with a vendor trying to blackmail a customer....probably the kind of people that would do the same thing. Good on you OP for pointing out an unscrupulous retailer.
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #20
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

I'll definitely keep that in mind for next time! Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchau View Post
Ebay maybe cheaper, but some seller's return/exchange policy suck and quality is undependable. You are lucky to get a full refund, some require you to return item at your own shipping cost and some even take their shipping costs out of your refund.

Buy from forum vendors instead
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:42 AM   #21
TxBeem
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

I don't really have a problem with companies wanting good feedback if they f$$$$$$ up and want to still earn your business down the road by refunding, shipping another product, store credit, etc. BUT I have a problem when they manipulate the situation with a "sure no problem we'll refund you BUT you have to give me positive feedback first" shit. Let the buyer determine if they deserve positive feedback and don't blackmail them into it. If you're that reputable than let your action do the talking. That's my $.02
Appreciate 0
      03-17-2012, 10:59 AM   #22
E93MAC
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

That was my thinking exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBeem View Post
I don't really have a problem with companies wanting good feedback if they f$$$$$$ up and want to still earn your business down the road by refunding, shipping another product, store credit, etc. BUT I have a problem when they manipulate the situation with a "sure no problem we'll refund you BUT you have to give me positive feedback first" shit. Let the buyer determine if they deserve positive feedback and don't blackmail them into it. If you're that reputable than let your action do the talking. That's my $.02
Appreciate 0