E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > cooling fan running high on cold motor

12-31-2019, 01:49 PM   #1
///Mik3
gonna miss the M, but the wagon is sweet!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Wagon

Garage List
cooling fan running high on cold motor

I just finished replacing my valve cover and started the car up for the first time and now for some reason the cooling fan seems to be running at what sounds like max. The engine is cold obviously. Any ideas? Is there a sensor i may have forgotten to reconnect or something??

edit: NM! found 2 plugs i forgot to plug back in. We're good! lol
      12-31-2019, 02:14 PM   #2
gbalthrop
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi E91

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Mik3 View Post
...edit: NM! found 2 plugs i forgot to plug back in. We're good! lol
I presume by "2 plugs" you mean two Electrical Connectors, and NOT two spark plugs?

You could contribute to the knowledge (anti-ignorance ;-) base here by posting photo of the "2 plugs." My SWAG would be that ONE of them was the Connector to the Refrigerant Pressure sensor on the High Side refrigerant line from the condenser to the Expansion Valve? That WILL cause E-Fan to run at high speed if disconnected or defective sensor.

Thanks,
George
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2019, 06:28 PM   #3
///Mik3
gonna miss the M, but the wagon is sweet!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 328i Wagon

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gbalthrop View Post
I presume by "2 plugs" you mean two Electrical Connectors, and NOT two spark plugs?

You could contribute to the knowledge (anti-ignorance ;-) base here by posting photo of the "2 plugs." My SWAG would be that ONE of them was the Connector to the Refrigerant Pressure sensor on the High Side refrigerant line from the condenser to the Expansion Valve? That WILL cause E-Fan to run at high speed if disconnected or defective sensor.

Thanks,
George
Correct 2 electrical connectors. They were towards the front of the motor. One connected to the oil filter housing, the other one I think is what you mentioned
Appreciate 0