E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing and Cosmetic protection/repairs > omg you guys....i need your guy's help, the worse thing happened last night

04-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #67
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i coupe

I dont even have time for your guy's "momy dady" bullshit right now, go get a life and stop bothering me about what you think you know about mine. All i need to know is how im going to get my wheels paid for, im talking to the dealer about adding hundreds here and there to their estimates or just addind the wheels in along with the rest of their stuff so the insurance company thinks thats just the cost of all the OEM bmw related stuff, or try and have them say that these are bmw premium wheels supplied by the dealer becuase our dealer sells ACS and Hamann tunned cars with wheels and everything so they might be able to say that
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:07 PM   #68
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90330iS View Post
I hope everything works out soon ///M owns you. I am glad you are able to learn the lesson without getting hurt at all. Some people aren't so lucky and never got their second chances. I live around the Irvine area also so if you need anything (rides, etc) just hit me up.
thanks alot man
Black Sapphire 335i coupe/Saddle Brown leather/Aluminum trim-Sport Pkg, Premium Pkg, Navigation, PDC, Paddle shifters,Vishnu PROcede awaits, 20" iForged Essen, H&R springs, Milltek cat-back exhaust,side markers painted, 25% tint, V1 hardwired
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #69
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Car

I hate to say it, but your going to have to wait much longer than you think to get it straightened around. I had a very similar accident (although someone did hit me). I went over a curb as well, but stopped on a patch of grass.

My damages ended up about 15.5k, and most of that was suspension and a small amount of body work. It took my car 8 solid weeks of work, and I still had problems with it afterwards. Probably took it back to the shop 3 times, dealership twice. Still had problems, so I sold my E90 and ordered an E92...

Another thing... Im not so sure your insurance is going to cover your aftermarket wheels. I could be wrong, but many of them dont insure aftermarket equipment installed on cars. You might be SOL when it comes to that...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #70
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_owns_you View Post
... im talking to the dealer about adding hundreds here and there to their estimates or just addind the wheels in along with the rest of their stuff so the insurance company thinks thats just the cost of all the OEM bmw related stuff, or try and have them say that these are bmw premium wheels supplied by the dealer becuase our dealer sells ACS and Hamann tunned cars with wheels and everything so they might be able to say that
Sounds like insurance fraud to me... Not a wise idea...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #71
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

ouch man, the wheels are just totally destroyed, but at least you are in one piece, wheels and cars can be easily replaced in a blink of an eye, but people can't, just learn this lesson and don't do it again, keep us updated on your repairs

a similar case happened to me before on my Mercedes E320, although that was stock and it still costed me $15k to fix, so be prepared to pay more than that

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #72
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
fuck...really? yea but how, they'll just see it all as the dealers estimates for everything. Can anyone help me get around this wheel and tires issue? And elaborate on the parameters of insurance fraud. I have Farmers full coverage......anyone know anything about that?
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:39 PM   #73
a burrito
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Urus, 958.2 TTS, 997 S

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavarian19 View Post
yeah it does. they have adjustors and investigators who are from farmers too. you better be very careful with stuff like that. if anything, just get the car back into one piece with oem sport rims and sell those. use that money to buy youself another set of new rims rather than risking your parents insurance. your main goal should be for you to be able to drive the car again, not to be modifying.
      04-22-2007, 07:40 PM   #74
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

1. Damage Evaluation
• Take the vehicle to your selected repair facility.

• Damage evaluated and estimate written.
• Repair process is explained and all questions are answered.
• Schedule a repair date that is convenient for you.
• A rental vehicle is arranged for those with the appropriate coverage.

Thats off of farmers website
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:41 PM   #75
JoosyJoos
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Garage List
2008 BMW 335i  [0.00]
Man i cant really help you with the insurance but i can relate to you.

I got into a pretty bad wreck with my RSX Type S due to a timed light error and ended up getting T boned. Bottomline of the story is that my parents paid for performance driving school to make me a better driver (even though it wasnt completely my fault... although i could have been paying more attention to the light situation). Thanks to that driving school and that wreck im a hell of a lot better driver and i had a lot of fun at BMW school 3 times lol...

Hope it all works out for you.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #76
bavarian19
General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_owns_you View Post
fuck...really? yea but how, they'll just see it all as the dealers estimates for everything. Can anyone help me get around this wheel and tires issue? And elaborate on the parameters of insurance fraud. I have Farmers full coverage......anyone know anything about that?
As I stated previously, Im 90% certain that insurance companies do NOT insure aftermarket items unless you go to them and get added coverage for those items. The insurance you get is for the car the way you get it from the dealer. No aftermarket items are covered... You will have a VERY tough time trying to convince your insurance company to cover expensive non-BMW wheels.

Also, the shop that gives the estimate to your insurance company will give a list of preliminary items that need to be replaced. The insurance company has to approve the items to be replaced. Often with accidents, the shop working on your car (and it should be a BMW certified shop) often finds other problems after the preliminary items have been replaced. Again, the insurance company sees the lists of items and has to approve it.

Most of the parts you will need to replace come from Germany, so it will take a while for those parts to arrive on top of your installation time.

I would be willing to put money on the fact that your insurance wont cover the wheels...
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:43 PM   #77
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post

I got into a pretty bad wreck with my RSX Type S due to a timed light error and ended up getting T boned. Bottomline of the story is that my parents paid for performance driving school to make me a better driver (even though it wasnt completely my fault... although i could have been paying more attention to the light situation). Thanks to that driving school and that wreck im a hell of a lot better driver and i had a lot of fun at BMW school 3 times lol...

I dont have that kind of money, im at the mercy of my insurance company and dealer right now
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:50 PM   #78
ehhhwik
Brigadier General
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 09' BMW 335d, 07' BMW E92 328i

from my experience, most people who want to get "covered" for aftermarket type items on their car with their insurance, the shop that is doing your repairs will just list the ACTUAL parts that needs to be replaced on the list back to the insurance company for approval, but where they can sort of "cheat" or "overestimate" to cover your aftermarket parts is in the LABOUR hours required

they can just say it will take lets say 100 hrs to fix your car when it actually took 50 hrs, so that extra 50 hrs worth of labour is then used to cover for your aftermarket stuff because the insurance company cant really check how many hours was actually used to repair the car, but the actual parts they can check, i know people whos done this before and gotten away with it

i know people like to sue this days, especially in America so:

Disclaimer: please try this at your own risk and please dont sue me if you get caught, i am not responsible for your actions!

Retired: 07' E92 328i (Jet Black)
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 07:54 PM   #79
DIRKD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335 sedan

Quote:
Hmm i wonder if the insurance will pay for your wheels man, unless you declared it to them before hand.
You're out of luck if you didn't add them to your ploicy.
I hope you stay away from that M5 that you wanted.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:04 PM   #80
///Shaunt
Rep
n/a
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoosyJoos View Post

I absolutely agree with this guy, Nima.

Bro, that's really a shithole you've gotten yourself into, but definitely, DEFINITELY, take a performance driving course man. I took one and actually just got home today and I cannot even express how beneficial it is to take part in them. You get to fuck around with your car here and there as much as you want but you find and address the limitations to your car. I am infinitely better than I was at driving after the racing course than I was prior.

As for the insurance, I really don't know what I could possibly contribute (I'm only 16).

Good luck bro.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:35 PM   #81
RaptorKTM
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1 M Coupe

Garage List
2011 BMW 1 M  [0.00]
i swear i saw this car at Irvine BMW
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:42 PM   #82
Fraggy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3

So this is the worst thing ever huh? Try telling that to some starving kid either in or outside of the US.
2020 M340
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #83
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraggy View Post
So this is the worst thing ever huh? Try telling that to some starving kid either in or outside of the US.
worse thing thats happened to me, not worst thing thats ever happened, the only other things were my father passing away 14 years ago when i was 4 but i was too young to remember anything, a super bad long-term relationship break up, the rebuilding of myself after those events and now this, these were the most adverse times for me so far and hopefully niether i or any of you e90post memebers and anyone else in the world has to experience anything bad or worse then what they've already gone through
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:46 PM   #84
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by SES_D View Post
can you not use the words mommy and daddy?
you sound like a fucken asshole but I agree with the rest of your post...
He is the one that that thinks he ownd all so I am haveing fun with him like he does with everyone else. The curve owned him. I think he can take a joke but sometimes the truth hurts ya know.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:47 PM   #85
TiAg335i
Trance Life
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E92 335i

Man its unfortunate it had to happen but sometimes things happen for a reason. This little accident could have made you wiser and perhaps prevented a future, more serious accident down the road.

What I reccomend is...take it to a GOOD body shop for repaint.
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:48 PM   #86
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPINE6SPD View Post
He is the one that that thinks eh ownd all so I am haveing fun with him like he does with everyone else. I think he can take a joke but sometimes the truth hurts ya know.
My user name is refering to the BMW ///M division owning all other cars on the road, not me owning anyone, i dont even have an M in my name
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #87
///M_owns_you
President
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAg335i View Post
Man its unfortunate it had to happen but sometimes things happen for a reason. This little accident could have made you wiser and perhaps prevented a future, more serious accident down the road.

What I reccomend is...take it to a GOOD body shop for repaint.
im taking it to a certified bmw repair shop that my dealer uses, Spectrum Collision Center, irvine ca
Appreciate 0
      04-22-2007, 08:49 PM   #88
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

just have the insurance fix it and try to not have it happen again and be glad your not hurt. Good luck
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0