E90Post
 


Bimmer Retrofit
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Unpleasant Work Environment



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      06-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #45
Germanauto
Colonel
Germanauto's Avatar
United_States
2098
Rep
2,128
Posts

Drives: BMW, Lexus
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: NW and Midwest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
Because of tuna casserole

I'm pretty sure that's what this thread is about anyways....
Lol...didn't read the thread beyond OP's original post.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2018, 11:54 PM   #46
Mr Carrots
Major
726
Rep
1,050
Posts

Drives: BMW
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: South

iTrader: (0)

stories like this make me very glad that literally every employee on my team has to have world class provable skills and be able to get on well with others.


In a situation like that I'd honestly find another job because life is too short to work at a company that enables any of that kind of bullshit
Appreciate 2
Not_Judy2563.50
wdb1094.00

      06-12-2018, 02:20 AM   #47
C1Boston
Private First Class
97
Rep
198
Posts

Drives: 2012 328i Xdrive coupe
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Finland

iTrader: (0)

I worked in an environment like this for a year, while the the pay was pretty good (for a young adult) my coworkers were insanely toxic. They spoke about who slept with who, who did bad work, who was ugly, you name it. These were people who have something to say about EVERYBODY and think they are doing the company a favor by pointing out somebody elses flaws or mistakes. Most of them worked in the organization for over 20 years. Usually when people are like this I assume they talk about me when I'm not around as well.

I did not really "handle" it and I would have not told HR something, I would have just searched for another job, but of course not everyone is in a position to just change/leave their current job. I just picked up and gave them 1 months notice and told them I was moving somewhere in Europe.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 07:17 AM   #48
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2564
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
stories like this make me very glad that literally every employee on my team has to have world class provable skills and be able to get on well with others.


In a situation like that I'd honestly find another job because life is too short to work at a company that enables any of that kind of bullshit
That's were I'm at as of now. Unfortunately this is just one of many reasons behind my job search. I feel as if I am in an impossible situation. I explained to the plant manager yesterday in our meeting that when presented with a problem is when they will see action on my end. When backed into a corner I will fight my way out unless there is no favorable outcome, at that point I will drop my fists and simply walk away. My life wasn't meant to be spent in situations such as this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C1Boston View Post
I worked in an environment like this for a year, while the the pay was pretty good (for a young adult) my coworkers were insanely toxic. They spoke about who slept with who, who did bad work, who was ugly, you name it. These were people who have something to say about EVERYBODY and think they are doing the company a favor by pointing out somebody elses flaws or mistakes. Most of them worked in the organization for over 20 years. Usually when people are like this I assume they talk about me when I'm not around as well.

I did not really "handle" it and I would have not told HR something, I would have just searched for another job, but of course not everyone is in a position to just change/leave their current job. I just picked up and gave them 1 months notice and told them I was moving somewhere in Europe.
This is exactly the mentality that I'm dealing with. As others have said before, there is no fix to this sort of mindset. Any attempt to combat this type of attitude, positive or otherwise, is much like trying to move a waterbed mattress full of water, you won't get it to budge and will only end up exhausting yourself. Currently I am entertaining the notion of selling my home, as I live alone and it's paid off; taking this money and moving somewhere else where there are more employment opportunities and starting life over again now that my children are adults. It's time that I'm actually able to enjoy life for a change.
Appreciate 1
wdb1094.00

      06-12-2018, 07:53 AM   #49
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: M240
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (1)

Sounds like she needs to get laid. Take one for the team dude.
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's, PSSK, CDV Delete, E46 Trans Mounts, Perf. Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 4
Not_Judy2563.50
F30lolz1989.00
MKSixer8685.00

      06-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #50
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2564
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Sounds like she needs to get laid. Take one for the team dude.


I can assure you this is not the case. To say that she has slept with a person or two that works here would be an understatement. Let's just say that the sink in the ladies restroom has a weight limit.....and said sink has been remounted numerous times.....as has she.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #51
1MOREMOD
2018 track days - 0 ridge 1:52:24 pacific 1:33:30
1MOREMOD's Avatar
United_States
6128
Rep
19,683
Posts

Drives: Race car->
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: check your mirrors

iTrader: (5)

Eat burritos morning noon and night and fart your way to freedom
Appreciate 4
Not_Judy2563.50
MKSixer8685.00

      06-12-2018, 09:17 AM   #52
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5253
Rep
5,863
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

Dude, it's always 5 o'clock in Margaritaville
Appreciate 2
Kid Eh427.50
Not_Judy2563.50

      06-12-2018, 10:34 AM   #53
Real Dodger
Brigadier General
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3993
Rep
4,825
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cautjit View Post
3.6% unemployment = everybody is looking for qualified people, especially engineers. Life is too short of sit next to a gossipy bitch in the same office. Don't walk, run.
KP
Is this "Not Judy"?
Attached Images
 
__________________
lux rubrum dominator
Appreciate 3
Not_Judy2563.50
wdb1094.00
MKSixer8685.00

      06-12-2018, 10:41 AM   #54
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2564
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real Dodger View Post
Is this "Not Judy"?
Very much this! For the exception of the fact that there is no longer any joking. It is now a total lack of communication.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 02:17 PM   #55
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
1835
Rep
2,490
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Sounds like she needs to get laid. Take one for the team dude.
Post pics of her...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 02:54 PM   #56
Not_Judy
Not a Female
Not_Judy's Avatar
2564
Rep
653
Posts

Drives: 2008 E93
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Parts Unkown

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never_Enough View Post
Post pics of her...
Pretty sure I have already violated some codes of conduct already with this thread. I feel that a certain level of anonymity needs to be upheld. I will say that she is not attractive. Late 50's early 60's, short gray hair, one of her calves is the size of my waist. I'm guessing 300-350# +. Imagine a redneck, country bumpkin, narcissistic, self-centered, not very smart Ursula from The Little Mermaid. She says things like "theesuns", "over yonder", "had'nt I" (rather than "didn't I"), "fixin' to" (meaning about to do something) and "Cool Beans". Don't get me wrong, I understand that I live in the rural south, but I also refuse to make myself sound uneducated just because this is where I live.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 02:56 PM   #57
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
1,502
Posts

Drives: 09 335i / 11 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post

You don't want to see pics. We're talking late 50's early 60's 300 pounds plus. Holier than thou attitude. Listens to country music all day, sings and snaps her fingers.
Not only do I wanna see pics, I want vids.
__________________
Current 09 335i M Performance/11 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Past e28 528e's/e34's 525-535/e39's 525-528-M5/e46 325xi/e84 x1 xDrive 35i/13' Mustang/F30 328i
Appreciate 1
      06-12-2018, 03:18 PM   #58
Real Dodger
Brigadier General
Real Dodger's Avatar
United_States
3993
Rep
4,825
Posts

Drives: 135i DCT
Join Date: May 2017
Location: McKinney TX

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2012 135  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Pretty sure I have already violated some codes of conduct already with this thread. I feel that a certain level of anonymity needs to be upheld. I will say that she is not attractive. Late 50's early 60's, short gray hair, one of her calves is the size of my waist. I'm guessing 300-350# +. Imagine a redneck, country bumpkin, narcissistic, self-centered, not very smart Ursula from The Little Mermaid. She says things like "theesuns", "over yonder", "had'nt I" (rather than "didn't I"), "fixin' to" (meaning about to do something) and "Cool Beans". Don't get me wrong, I understand that I live in the rural south, but I also refuse to make myself sound uneducated just because this is where I live.
Hey! "Fixin' to" and "y'all" are commonplace in my house! Then again, the phrase "cool beans" has never been, well, cool.
__________________
lux rubrum dominator
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2563.50

      06-12-2018, 03:26 PM   #59
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: M240
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
[IMG]undefined[/IMG][IMG]undefined[/IMG]

My apologies for the resolution. I had to zoom in to capture.
Dude THAT has no problem getting laid at your office?? I do not understand

edit: like seriously does not compute
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's, PSSK, CDV Delete, E46 Trans Mounts, Perf. Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 03:30 PM   #60
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: M240
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not_Judy View Post
Right? I don't understand it myself.
I am almost curious to ask what the rest of your office looks like
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's, PSSK, CDV Delete, E46 Trans Mounts, Perf. Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 03:34 PM   #61
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
F30lolz's Avatar
United_States
1989
Rep
1,502
Posts

Drives: 09 335i / 11 Caddy CTS Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Miami, FL

iTrader: (0)

She looks like Mike Francesa.

Would have done better if you didn’t post the pic haha. Permission for instant deletion granted.
__________________
Current 09 335i M Performance/11 Cadillac CTS Coupe
Past e28 528e's/e34's 525-535/e39's 525-528-M5/e46 325xi/e84 x1 xDrive 35i/13' Mustang/F30 328i
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 06:03 PM   #62
UncleWede
Long Time Admirer, First Time Owner
UncleWede's Avatar
United_States
5253
Rep
5,863
Posts

Drives: E90 325i Arctic
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Oxnard, CA

iTrader: (0)

PM photos




N O T


although, now my curiosity is peaked, so maybe.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 06:29 PM   #63
Never_Enough
Banned
United_States
1835
Rep
2,490
Posts

Drives: Satan's Chariot 2.0
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: PA

iTrader: (6)

Garage List
Guess I missed the pic
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 06:37 PM   #64
BdSM n54iS
Colonel
BdSM n54iS's Avatar
United_States
1308
Rep
2,363
Posts

Drives: In front of flashing lights
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Pulled over on the side of the road

iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
Dude THAT has no problem getting laid at your office?? I do not understand

edit: like seriously does not compute
Why men are called 'pigs', have to be one to fuck one.... really it's their own dam fault stupid girls
__________________
'11 335is MT BSM/Black | NAV | Premium | Convenience | Cold | HK | MHD | Cobb FMIC | Cobb CP | Cobb DP | aFe stage 2 SI | TurboSmart Dual Ports | BMS OCC | RB PCV Valve | Suspension Shit | Turner Spacers | Michelin PSS | BMW Performance CF Spoiler | BMW Performance CF Front Lip | BMW Performance ///M Wheel | Sprint Booster | remoteKEY+
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2563.50

      06-12-2018, 06:47 PM   #65
Wakka
but no flokka
Wakka's Avatar
United_States
173
Rep
593
Posts

Drives: M240
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tampa

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWede View Post
PM photos




N O T


although, now my curiosity is peaked, so maybe.
You really are not missing much
__________________
M-Sport, 6MT, Hardwired V1, StopTech Sportpack, Perf. Intake, Perf. Exhaust, AFE Scoops, Perf. Carbon Spoiler, Perf. Carbon Diffuser, Enkei RPF1's, Conti Extreme DW's, PSSK, CDV Delete, E46 Trans Mounts, Perf. Pedals

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTM View Post
Entourage sucks. BTM hates everything
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2018, 08:12 PM   #66
UglyBuzzard
Baba Booey
UglyBuzzard's Avatar
United_States
3241
Rep
1,611
Posts

Drives: Use to be a X5 50i M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Earth

iTrader: (0)

Keep farting and keep a straight face. She will move.
Appreciate 1
Not_Judy2563.50

Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:45 AM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST