E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > OFFICIAL Canada Group-buy for Dashboard Cameras

07-23-2012, 11:13 AM   #177
gd5gd
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitehawk View Post
Yeah, I did configure it on my computer to enable it, but no luck.
What is this Finevu player you speak of?
The player that plays the video clips from CR-300hd on your computer.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 10:11 AM   #178
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

Guys, need help here,

The Power Magic Pro has three wires: black (Ground), red "ACC(+)" and yellow "BATT(+)".

According to the Power Magic Pro instruction guide, the red wire connects to "the fuse where the power is supplied when the vehicle has been started", while the yellow needs to be connected "to the permanent power source".

In the DYI video (
), there are only two wires, black and red.

So I am a bit confused, where and how should I connect yellow and red wires when hard-wiring to the battery? Can you help please?

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 03:37 PM   #179
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSerge View Post
Guys, need help here,

The Power Magic Pro has three wires: black (Ground), red "ACC(+)" and yellow "BATT(+)".

According to the Power Magic Pro instruction guide, the red wire connects to "the fuse where the power is supplied when the vehicle has been started", while the yellow needs to be connected "to the permanent power source".

In the DYI video (
), there are only two wires, black and red.

So I am a bit confused, where and how should I connect yellow and red wires when hard-wiring to the battery? Can you help please?

Thanks.
I'll ask Blackboxmycar.com and let you know.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2012, 08:06 PM   #180
E91 Hoarder
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E91 AWD, E91 RWD, E90, X535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by henry418 View Post
I'll ask Blackboxmycar.com and let you know.
Thanks! Alex got back to me. Awesome guy!
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #181
henry418
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Few of you guys asked me about the Power Magic Pro kit.. Looks like blackboxmycar posted three videos explaining the Power Magic Pro so I'll post them here for future reference.

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #182
drevil2k2
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 B9 A4

I am still on the fence with getting the Power Magic Pro and have potential warranty issues, so I got a temporary fix:

http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brows....jsp?locale=en

I unplugged the cam from the car and then used the 12DC socket on the booster. The battery usually lasts about 2-3 days on parking mode. Kind of a slight hassle, but don't park my car outside normally for prolonged periods of time.

Ultimately the hardwired Power Magic Pro would be the slickest solution.
      11-10-2012, 01:48 AM   #183
BigFoig
Banned
Rep
Drives: e92 335is

Another site is running a groupbuy and someone else on redflagdeals.com ran a groupbuy for this camera. We ended up paying around 195ish per camera shipped. It was a very good deal however Pittasoft has now tried to make organizers price their prices artificially at 270. So all groupbuyers must pay 270 for a camera worth 191.

This is a quote from www.redflagdeals.com from a previous organizer

"The distributor is a company called Black Box My Car (BBMC). They are following these threads, so I'm sure they will come here to defend their position.

What I was told by BBMC is that Pittasoft believes their cam is an elite device, and therefore they are trying to increase their brand value by refusing to allow the BlackVue to be sold for less than their minimum price of $270 in North America and over $300 in Europe.

BBMC told me that Pittasoft has received complaints from dealers in other countries (Singapore, Australia and Europe) saying that it was unfair that they had to sell for $300+, while Korean eBay sellers and Canadians like me were selling for less than $200.

BBMC says that Pittasoft has pledged to shut down the eBay sellers and will also be clamping down on Canadian resellers like me.

BBMC says that the way this clamping down is going to happen in Canada is by forcing us to buy our cams through them. They don't seem to realize that given this ultimatum, people will simply choose to not buy BlackVue's at all.

BBMC says that if I run another GB for the BlackVue, not only am I required to sell it for $270, but I now also have to place my orders through them.

BBMC has told me to collect $270 from RFDers, keep $50 for myself, and send $220 to them. They will keep $25 and send the rest to Pittasoft, who will send the cams to BBMC for forwarding to me.

So in exchange for doing little more than acting as the middle man and paying for some shipping, BBMC would take a commission of $25 per cam.

I am not comfortable with bringing in a middle man and sending RFDers money to him. As a result, I have sent an email to my contact at Pittasoft asking for an explanation of why they are doing this. They made me an authorized distributor back in March 2012, and as far as I know, that hasn't changed, so I have no idea why they're now making me work with a 3rd party.

If Pittasoft is unwilling to deal with me directly and trust me to sell their cams for $270, then I will no longer be able to run a GB for their cams."

You can read more about it here:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/group...205-a-1251973/

I have bought blackvues previously and Pittasoft were not playing these games. But now that everyone wants to buy a blackvue they are making retailers price their goods at a high cost even though they sell it to them at 191 thus retailers are forced to inflate their prices or be blacklisted.

Also blackboxmycar is the site that reported these groupbuyers so they are no longer able to sell it at cost.

I will no longer support Pittasoft and companies like BlackBoxMyCar whom artificially inflate their prices and have to resort to such dirty tactics.

Boycott blackvue!
Appreciate 0