E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Photo/Video/Media Gallery > Crimson Red E90 - Work in Progress

05-31-2015, 08:47 AM   #45
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAADTHESAV View Post
Just wondering, did you delete your fog lights?
Yeah, in the sense that they're zip tied up and the indicator light comes on, lol.

I'll need to get a resistor eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TerpEvo View Post
Can I ask where you sourced your LCI hood?
That's funny you ask, I just realized that a good percentage of the parts I've bought have been from ebay. I got this one, which is pretty cheap.

HOWEVER, I will say that CarID (the seller) absolutely sucks. Your results may vary, but they sent me the wrong hood (sent one for a VW Passat), wouldn't send me the right hood until they received the wrong one back and processed it. Took a span of a couple weeks to get it all sorted, and as you can imagine a huge pain in the ass lugging hoods around due to their mistake.

The fit of the hood wasn't TOO bad, probably about 90% correct. My painter had to make some slight alteration to the drivers side rear edge to get it to fit 100%. It's full steel though like OEM.

All said and done, wasn't too bad just a huge headache leading up to it all.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 10:02 AM   #46
330xtrai
Do you even post BRO?
Palestine
Rep
Drives: 330xi

Garage List
2006 BMW 330xi  [0.00]
Yoiu can also go fpr like gold or bronze wheels like this
E90|330xi|SGM|Terra Cotta interior|Forged1 Wheels(one side red the other city lights)|M3 Rep Front Bumper|Msport Rear Bumper|KW V1 Coilovers|K&N Air Filter|OEM Black Grille|Red Cyba Air scoops|DIY Gloss Black Side Splitters|Tee rear splitters|Monkey Air Freshener|
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 10:57 AM   #47
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330xtrai View Post
Yoiu can also go fpr like gold or bronze wheels like this
That's actually right in line with what I was thinking. Looking at all the cars with the SDC's, all the good looking ones are on coupes...I've yet to see a good one on a sedan.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 02:54 PM   #48
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Update! Finally got her back:

Front was a bit of a pain to get on, but the rear fit better than OEM. That thing went on like butter.

Big thanks to montegokid94 for the Mtech rear. Such an awesome seller.
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2015, 03:04 PM   #49
Efini
Silent Service
Rep
Drives: BMW

hot damn...
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2015, 04:01 PM   #50
montegokid94
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 wheels

Looks sick man! Glad you like it
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #51
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep
Drives: '18 SMB F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComptonAssDaniel View Post
Update! Finally got her back:

Front was a bit of a pain to get on, but the rear fit better than OEM. That thing went on like butter.

Big thanks to montegokid94 for the Mtech rear. Such an awesome seller.
get the gold rims that the above poster posted! those look sick and compliment the red really well.

just wondering, how much did it cost for paint + install of the 1M bumper?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 05:21 PM   #52
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
get the gold rims that the above poster posted! those look sick and compliment the red really well.

just wondering, how much did it cost for paint + install of the 1M bumper?
Well, I installed the bumper myself, but had my painter take care of filling the headlight washer holes and molding it to fit better. I'd come by the shop and help him test fit and sand/prep it.

I don't know how much it would have been individually, but if I were to guess based on what I paid, about $400?

Would probably vary from shop to shop though based on what you want done. Always helps to be friends with a good body shop guy if you ever need work done!

I was actually digging the gold until my girlfriend told me it looked like Ironman...lmao. It does have a charm to it, however.
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 05:23 PM   #53
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Well, I installed the bumper myself, but had my painter take care of filling the headlight washer holes and molding it to fit better. I'd come by the shop and help him test fit and sand/prep it.

I don't know how much it would have been individually, but if I were to guess based on what I paid, about $400?

Would probably vary from shop to shop though based on what you want done. Always helps to be friends with a good body shop guy if you ever need work done!

I was actually digging the gold until my girlfriend told me it looked like Ironman...lmao. It does have a charm to it, however.
Oh I see. The gold wheels will bring a lot of attention though, which is probably the only bad thing about them.

Also, is it an easy process to take out your fog lights? Do you just unscrew them?
Appreciate 0
      05-31-2015, 07:56 PM   #54
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:

Thank you! I actually used doublesided tape and rivets. Rivets are awesome, because if you'll see in the photo where the lip broke off...the part that was left over was still being held in by the rivets.
Rivets? Do you have a link to what you used? I was going to use self-tapping screws, but looking to see what other options I have...
      05-31-2015, 10:19 PM   #55
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Oh I see. The gold wheels will bring a lot of attention though, which is probably the only bad thing about them.

Also, is it an easy process to take out your fog lights? Do you just unscrew them?
Yeah, it's an attention grabber for sure!!

It was pretty easy to take out the fogs. They twist out if you want to take the bulbs out, then there is a plug that you just unplug. Put a resistor in there at the same resistance that the bulbs are, and you won't have to worry about throwing a code.

The actual foglight housing is what you're looking to remove, it's a pain in the ass. Gotta loosen the fender well enough so you can get your hands in there, as it has to be removed from behind with a ratchet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Rivets? Do you have a link to what you used? I was going to use self-tapping screws, but looking to see what other options I have...
This is what I used. You will also need the actual rivets that fit the tool. They come in different sizes, but very easy to find.

You'll have to drill pilot holes, then have enough room to use the hand riveter. Afterwards, shave down the "bolt" when the rivet is fastened. It's sometimes tough to do, especially with lips because of the room that you have underneath.

I strongly suggest just cleaning the lip and bumper mating surfaces very well, using double sided tape and stick it on so it's a really snug fit, then go behind that and start drilling your holes for the rivets since they will already be in place. Just make sure you don't drill the holes too big. I'm sure there are videos online to show you how to use the hand riveter as well. Good luck!!
Appreciate 1
      05-31-2015, 10:58 PM   #56
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, it's an attention grabber for sure!!

It was pretty easy to take out the fogs. They twist out if you want to take the bulbs out, then there is a plug that you just unplug. Put a resistor in there at the same resistance that the bulbs are, and you won't have to worry about throwing a code.

The actual foglight housing is what you're looking to remove, it's a pain in the ass. Gotta loosen the fender well enough so you can get your hands in there, as it has to be removed from behind with a ratchet.

This is what I used. You will also need the actual rivets that fit the tool. They come in different sizes, but very easy to find.

You'll have to drill pilot holes, then have enough room to use the hand riveter. Afterwards, shave down the "bolt" when the rivet is fastened. It's sometimes tough to do, especially with lips because of the room that you have underneath.

I strongly suggest just cleaning the lip and bumper mating surfaces very well, using double sided tape and stick it on so it's a really snug fit, then go behind that and start drilling your holes for the rivets since they will already be in place. Just make sure you don't drill the holes too big. I'm sure there are videos online to show you how to use the hand riveter as well. Good luck!!
should i just tell the shop that is going to paint + install my bumper to remove the fog lights?
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 01:18 AM   #57
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
should i just tell the shop that is going to paint + install my bumper to remove the fog lights?
Yeah, that's what I would do. Have them put the wires away somewhere that you can get to them if you want to do the resistor thing.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #58
Alen E90
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 328i TiAg

Your front-end looks amazing, and your car will look complete once you get your wheels

TiAg FTW!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 07:48 AM   #59
thompsac25
Stance to make her dance
Rep
Drives: 2022 G80 M3

Quote:

Interesting. Never seen anyone use rivets before to hold a lip on. I'll have to google. Did you use metal or plastic rivets?
      06-01-2015, 03:51 PM   #60
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thompsac25 View Post
Interesting. Never seen anyone use rivets before to hold a lip on. I'll have to google. Did you use metal or plastic rivets?
Used metal ones and shaved down the bolt. My guess is for people that may want to remove it later, you have to drill these out. That, and screws are easier. If you want to ensure it stays on though, this is it.
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 05:19 PM   #61
BMDoublYou
Captain
Poland
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335xi / 08 E82 128i

Loving the red, the 1m bumper looks pretty spot on as well, I think that's the direction ill end up going instead of m3!
Appreciate 1
      06-01-2015, 05:23 PM   #62
SAADTHESAV
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoublYou View Post
Loving the red, the 1m bumper looks pretty spot on as well, I think that's the direction ill end up going instead of m3!
it's a significant amount of money more than the m3 but it looks better and it'll definitely be unique
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2015, 08:25 PM   #63
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMDoublYou View Post
Yeah man, I really like the look myself -- the 335 can make some power too; do some suspension mods as well and you've got a good contender in M3 territory anyway.
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 09:38 PM   #64
Eat.Sleep.Race
Out Boosting...
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport

Looks dope!!! BTW I'm local to ya, seen the red GTI i suppose is yours or your have a brother?

I'm sure ill see you around.
      06-04-2015, 12:03 AM   #65
ComptonAssDaniel
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat.Sleep.Race View Post
Looks dope!!! BTW I'm local to ya, seen the red GTI i suppose is yours or your have a brother?

I'm sure ill see you around.
Yup! That's my brother!

I appreciate it man! I'm trying to do a lot of car meets this year to take photos, so I'm sure I'll see you around if you go!

Be sure to give me a honk or something if you see me
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2015, 02:25 PM   #66
Kashmoney
Rep
Drives: 335i E90

What did you do for your headlight resoration?
Appreciate 0