E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > McKenna BMW- Just stay away

10-13-2008, 06:14 PM   #1
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

McKenna BMW- Just stay away

Just an FYI for those out there thinking about using these ass clowns. It's the only BMW dealer that I've ever gone to who doesn't even give you a rental car for scheduled service when you bought the car there.

They also wanted to charge me to activate my alarm when there are clearly new software version's available. I even gave them a reason to update with some problems I've had with the radio.

When you call Crevier for service, they just ask you if you need a loaner.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2008, 01:24 AM   #2
rdsport323
Captain
Rep
Drives: 335i

crevier sucks a nut... unless you bought your car there... they overcharge for shit..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2008, 03:16 AM   #3
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

yea McKenna sux. a sales agent wouldn't let me test drive one of the 135i's on the lot. Then, as we head back to her office, she had the AUDACITY to ask me if I wanted to order one!?!??

does that make any sense?

went to long beach, service was 100% better.
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2008, 06:29 PM   #4
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdsport323 View Post
crevier sucks a nut... unless you bought your car there... they overcharge for shit..
Dude, they ALL over charge for shit. My X5 needed some struts for the rear hatch. MSRP was around $60, but BOTH Long Beach and Crevier were charging $71 each if you go in to pick-up!!! Crevier's own website had it for around $43.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2008, 09:57 PM   #5
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
For parts, I found Century West BMW in Studio City have the best prices. Talk to Manny. The guy is awesome. He gave me discounts without asking for any. Only ask for him. There are other guys there, but they are worth nothing, and they won't give discounts. As far as service goes, I have dealt with BMW of Monrovia. Twice they gave me rentals without charging me, and I didn't even buy my car from them.
Good luck
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2008, 02:57 PM   #6
Perpetrator
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 330i

Yeah, I bought my E46 M3 from them. When I took it on for inspection 1, they gave me a "one time complimentary" loaner....which was an altima from enterprise. From what I hear, Crevier only provides one if you purchased from them.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #7
Tman1800
Private
Rep
Drives: 335I

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
McKenna sucks the big one. I bought my 335i in Dec 06. They were asking sticker and would not budge from it. Then they called me the next day and said they would give me 1000 below. I know the car was new and all but come on!!!!!!! I ended up buying it from Nick Alexander in Los Angeles. They gave the price I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2009, 04:41 PM   #8
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 328i, e36 325is.

McKenna service dept. is rude..

I have leased a MBZ in the past and i have to give it them they treat there customers like kings. But as much i love the driving exp. of a bmw the service is horrible. When i mentioned the things wrong with my car to the service guy he cut me off like he knew what i was going to say next and i told him that the air hydraulic that opens the trunk was opening way too slow and he said its like that on the 3 series. LMAO..

I dont think i'll ever take it to them for service.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perpetrator View Post
Yeah, I bought my E46 M3 from them. When I took it on for inspection 1, they gave me a "one time complimentary" loaner....which was an altima from enterprise. From what I hear, Crevier only provides one if you purchased from them.
That's pretty standard proceedure. It's a way to get you to buy from them.

It looks like I'm not the only one who thinks they SUCK ASS.
Appreciate 0
      07-01-2009, 12:48 PM   #10
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Do these dealers send us a report card type of paper work to see if were satisfied after?
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 09:49 PM   #11
nukezero
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 3 series

McKenna sucks balls. They are not asian and young-professional friendly. The salesman/woman will judge you by your appearance. I was in the market for a 135i last year in August and they would not let me test drive it, yet wanted me to order a vehicle that I never drove.

Thats like buying a house but not being able to step inside it for an open house.

Because of that, Long Beach got my business. They gave me test drives no questioned asked and won my business.

If the general manager is reading this, I suggest McKenna change the way they do business. Such a small dealer, and they'll lose business from their 562- locals. What these dealers and general managers don't seem to really understand is that, first impression is always the last impression. Kind of like, your first visit with your mother-in-law.

I will never go back to or recommend anyone to McKenna and possibly any of the "McKenna"-named dealerships because of that for the years that I am alive.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #12
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Center BMW and New Century BMW's are the best, best service and give the best loaners.
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2009, 09:20 AM   #13
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukezero View Post
McKenna sucks balls. They are not asian and young-professional friendly. The salesman/woman will judge you by your appearance. I was in the market for a 135i last year in August and they would not let me test drive it, yet wanted me to order a vehicle that I never drove.

Thats like buying a house but not being able to step inside it for an open house.

Because of that, Long Beach got my business. They gave me test drives no questioned asked and won my business.

If the general manager is reading this, I suggest McKenna change the way they do business. Such a small dealer, and they'll lose business from their 562- locals. What these dealers and general managers don't seem to really understand is that, first impression is always the last impression. Kind of like, your first visit with your mother-in-law.

I will never go back to or recommend anyone to McKenna and possibly any of the "McKenna"-named dealerships because of that for the years that I am alive.

100% agree. Can you guys give me a personal ranking for these dealers service?

long beach
sterling
crevier
irvine

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2009, 12:48 AM   #14
everybest
Rep
Drives: 325XI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcMilan714 View Post
100% agree. Can you guys give me a personal ranking for these dealers service?

long beach
sterling
crevier
irvine

Thanks
Irvine is alright, some of the service guys are unpleasant (Rich) but most seem to be decent. Prices, like every dealer, is overpriced. Not sure about loaners, but they do have a free ride home on weekdays. The building is actually connected to a hertz or some other car rental company, so it seems like getting a loaner shouldn't be too difficult.

Free coffee/pastries, free carwash, nice waiting room, high prices.
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2009, 07:40 PM   #15
AcMilan714
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by everybest View Post
Irvine is alright, some of the service guys are unpleasant (Rich) but most seem to be decent. Prices, like every dealer, is overpriced. Not sure about loaners, but they do have a free ride home on weekdays. The building is actually connected to a hertz or some other car rental company, so it seems like getting a loaner shouldn't be too difficult.

Free coffee/pastries, free carwash, nice waiting room, high prices.
A lot of people voted for Sterling and Irvine in OC. I will try them. Mc Kenna.
Appreciate 0