E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 7 SES codes, bad misfire, was fine prior to VCG

12-03-2019, 01:23 AM   #1
iEatSand
Private
Rep
Drives: EvoIX, 135i, Fisker Karma ES

7 SES codes, bad misfire, was fine prior to VCG

I replaced the VCG over the weekend(and coils+plugs). Didn't drive the car since it was needing new tires.

In the process I broke the PVC/vent hose on the valve cover. I ended taping it with ducttape. I noticed that it almost seemed to be melting through the actual tape itself so I'm curious if it's causing a bad leak causing the codes.

I went to Autozone and bought some tape on the way home from the tire shop. I threw the tape on and tried to seal it as best as I could. The SES light went off for about 2 seconds, then back on, then off for the same time, then stayed on.

p0139 O2 sensor circuit slow response
p0140 O2 Sensor Circuit Low Voltage Bank 1 Sensor 2
p0159 O2 sensor slow response bank 2 sensor 2
p142e Fuel?
p0302 Cyl2 misfire
p0303 Cyl3 misfire

I'm wondering/hoping that I just have a vacuum leak... The HPFP looks like it was done not too long ago. Car misfires hard and is sputtering/shaking at low speeds. It stops shaking on decel. I put Autolite Iridiums in the car and gapped them to 020

I might've plugged a connector into the wrong location.

Car is FBO, 92 octane, no meth.

Any ideas? Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2019, 01:33 AM   #2
iEatSand
Private
Rep
Drives: EvoIX, 135i, Fisker Karma ES

I should also add. I replaced the VGC because I was leaking oil into Cyl 2&3. The car was misfiring a little bit when this happened. I replaced the two coils and got new sparkplugs (Autolite XP 5682). I'm starting to think the autolite plugs are just garbage and causing the bad misfire. As for the O2 sensor stuff I'm stumped. Would bad plugs throw those codes?
Appreciate 0