E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK BMW Dealers: General Opinions?

08-05-2013, 05:04 PM   #375
Hardy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 325d Sport Touring

Westerly Yeovil

I'm buying from them, not collected yet but I'm sensing that not all the cosmetic work I'm expecting will be attended to. Possibly because I'm not local and will be unlikely to return once I've collected the car.

Perhaps I'm worrying unnecessarily and it will be "inspected and prepared to meticulous BMW standards" !
Appreciate 0
      09-07-2013, 12:20 PM   #376
Philrose
Registered
Rep
Drives: Alpina D3 Biturbo

My M Roadster was having some new tyres fitted at Sytner, Solihull and while I waited I was looking round the showroom, as you do.
I spotted a new M135i and was just sitting in it, as you do. A salesman asked if I wanted to drive one as they had one on demo.
After explaining I was just waiting for my tyres to be fitted he said no matter.
Within minutes they had sorted out their insurance to cover me and I had the keys and was out on my own for as long as I wanted.
Awesome car, great fun and great service from the dealer.
I know I probably could have bought the tyres cheaper elsewhere but sometimes the little things do matter.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 12:36 AM   #377
darra7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 320D

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk
If you live in the north-east, I've just got 2 things to say:

1 Preston Hall in Stockton-on-Tees are a bunch of f*cking dipsh*ts :mad:

2 Mill in Boldon (used to be in Sunderland) are a great dealership & are a real pleasure to deal with

I didn't buy my car from either of them, but I get the car serviced 30 miles away at Mill, rather than at Preston 'Ar*e' Hole, which is a lot closer.

Viv

(Please excuse my abusive terms- those b*stards really make me f*cking angry )
Preston farm is the worst dealer ever.
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2013, 08:44 AM   #378
Mikex101
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e90 320i

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivekk View Post
2 Mill in Boldon (used to be in Sunderland) are a great dealership & are a real pleasure to deal with
only had one experience with Mill (now Cooper) but I went in and got some free advice from one of their mechanics. Cant complain about that.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2013, 05:16 AM   #379
scotlandman
Rep
Drives: E92 335i Coupe

Garage List
Kevin Birds is the best BMW Garage in the UK

Hi Guys

I'm a proud owner of a 2007 BMW E92 Auto 335i

Since I bought the car I've spent the last 2 and a half years upgrading and improving the car.

All of the work I have had done has been at Kevin Birds Auto, In Iver in Buckinghamshire.

And I must say I have never experienced the same level of customer care, knowledge and honesty anywhere else in the UK.

Many thanks

Scotlandman
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2013, 02:29 PM   #380
Pattyg
Rep
Drives: 320d Exclusive Edition

I've just bought an AUC from BMW Harrogate. A great experience from Rebecca and the team there. Recommended.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2014, 09:15 PM   #381
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep
Drives: 320D (184) M Sport Saloon

Thumbs up

One of the best main dealers in Kent.............Broad Oak / Canterbury.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 09:24 AM   #382
villieb
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 335i N55

Afternoon - has anybody had any dealings with BMW Cooper Croydon?

I'm looking at getting my 2nd BMW.... a 3series touring....
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2014, 10:24 AM   #383
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by villieb View Post

I hav'nt heard any bad things said about this dealer (so far)

I can't be to sure, but if it's located where I think it is (just off the Lombard roundabout, going towards Mitcham from Croydon ), it's a fairly small set up especially for a main dealer franchise.

Unless of course, they've got more than one outlet in the Croydon area?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 03:12 AM   #384
villieb
Private
Rep
Drives: e91 335i N55

I've never seen one of the Lombard roundabout... (probably because I'm not paying attention).

The one I'm talking about is on the A232 - just off the A23

http://goo.gl/18r431
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 08:59 AM   #385
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
I've never seen one of the Lombard roundabout... (probably because I'm not paying attention).

The one I'm talking about is on the A232 - just off the A23

http://goo.gl/18r431
It's been a good 6+ months since i've been that way must of changed?

The loc on the google map currently shows Cooper, however there used to be a main Audi dealer there not so long ago, maybe same loc, but a change of dealer/franchise?

The main 'BM dealer I saw was definately along the Mitcham road just before the school (Lanfranc School), wonder if it's still there?
Appreciate 0
      01-24-2014, 01:15 PM   #386
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
Another wee plus report for Douglas Park in Glasgow. 3rd service (which is a lot bigger than the standard oil service) plus MOT.

£398

'Nuff said.
Appreciate 0
      02-02-2014, 04:27 AM   #387
ComputerKnowHow
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Knights North Staffs

Just another recommendation for Knights North Staffs. After a very large (potential) MOT bill we came to an agreement on the minimum needed to make the car legal.

Meanwhile Jonathan Smith started looking for a replacement for me. I actually found a 330D E91 on the AUC at Rybrook Warwick which Jonathan sorted for me and within my budget. I wasn't sure about an auto box for me but I had one as a courtesy car (brand new 320i X drive M Sport in Estoril Blue). The finance options/shortfall insurance were well explained and I rejected the Gard-X.

He gave me an excellent deal on my E90 part-ex (same value as another independent dealer was prepared to give without knowing all the MOT advisories), a small discount on the E91 and because I no longer live near the area, half a tank of fuel to get home.

A thoroughly pleasant and no-nonsense approach by Jonathan is what keeps me going back.

Now, he wasn't to know the car had some issues as he got it from Rybrook (who had serviced the car from new). Knights have just replaced the glow plug controller unit, rear LED lamp clusters (the well documented flickering issue) and put a new roundel badge on the tailgate as water had obviously got in it. All done under AUC warranty, a brand new Mini Countryman Cooper D All4 loaned for the entire duration and zero cost to me. I'd expect the AUC warranty to cover this, and it could have been annoying as the "120 point inspection" should have picked up faults. The car cut out 20 seconds after starting and even I deduced it was a glow plug issue. However, Knights North Staffs sorted all of it without fuss (Paul and Andy in Service) and I'm really pleased with my purchase.

It's the experience that matters and I feel like a valued customer at Knights North Staffs. I've had experiences with Sytner Sheffield and whilst they were nice enough I will go out of my way to continue to use Knights North Staffs. In 3 years' time I hope Jonathan is still there for my replacement car!
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2014, 04:16 AM   #388
Jamie_E92
Captain
Rep
Drives: Phoenix yellow e92 325d

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Anyone thinking of lloyd Colne - do it! THey are fantastic, everything is catered for, they treat you with respect & address any issues you have without condescending or insulting you.

Bowker preston on the other hand AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE - smarmy salesmen who tell you anything but the truth & service department nothing short of useless (and they charge £10 per day for a courtesy car whilst warranty issues are being looked at.)
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 07:38 AM   #389
neilv
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 335d xDrive MSport

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but how long do you think I should wait for a holding deposit to put returned to me from a "stealer". I put a holding deposit down for a car back on the 18th January, with BMW Ridgeway in Bournemouth. But I haven't had the money returned back to me yet. I've emailed them a few times but so I've had no response. How long should I realistically wait?
Neil
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2014, 11:33 AM   #390
Mani59
BMW Miniature Collector!
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E38 735i SE Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilv;*****475
Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the correct thread, but how long do you think I should wait for a holding deposit to put returned to me from a "stealer". I put a holding deposit down for a car back on the 18th January, with BMW Ridgeway in Bournemouth. But I haven't had the money returned back to me yet. I've emailed them a few times but so I've had no response. How long should I realistically wait?
Neil
Probably worth starting a new topic, but if it was me, I would be calling them everyday until I get my money back, or go visit them if possible!

Visit my (mainly) BMW gallery http://jetone.co.uk
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:26 AM   #391
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E92 M3 Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Steel View Post
It's been a good 6+ months since i've been that way must of changed?

The loc on the google map currently shows Cooper, however there used to be a main Audi dealer there not so long ago, maybe same loc, but a change of dealer/franchise?

The main 'BM dealer I saw was definately along the Mitcham road just before the school (Lanfranc School), wonder if it's still there?
its actually in waddon. It is a mini and BMW obviously, just past skoda.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2014, 08:28 AM   #392
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

The customer service in there is shocking! I went to put down money and they were just so lazy and rude. I waited 40 minutes even though I had a booking. Also their prices are much higher than other groups. Put it this way for the same money I spent in Bristol I got a newer car with the newer idrive and heated seats etc. It was also the preferred engine the 325! I would recommend elms in Bromley if you don't want to travel too far. Otherwise there is one Bristol, that's where I bought my e92 from. They was competitive polite and so helpful. The even gave me a full tank new wheels and tyres!

If you are going to Croydon which I advise you don't be patient. Bromley is the best within a 8 mile radius. And ask for Jamie, lovely chap goes out his way to help. Don't know if he will remember me but say Oliver sent you lol
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2014, 09:09 AM   #393
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver51090 View Post
its actually in waddon. It is a mini and BMW obviously, just past skoda.
Yea know the area only too well. In fact the Waddon area is before you go over the bridge, (coming down from Purley) to Five Ways then turn right at the lights.

The dealer which you mention (Coopers), is not in Waddon but in the Beddington area, which is over the other side of the bridge and then turn left at the set of lights (down the Croydon Road going towards Carshalton).

However, as I previously mentioned, if you keep going straight along Purley Way (around a couple of miles) up to the old Lombard roundabout and turn left going along the Mitcham Road (obviously towards Mitcham), over on the right hand side was/is a small BM' dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2014, 06:36 PM   #394
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yea know the area only too well. In fact the Waddon area is before you go over the bridge, (coming down from Purley) to Five Ways then turn right at the lights.

The dealer which you mention (Coopers), is not in Waddon but in the Beddington area, which is over the other side of the bridge and then turn left at the set of lights (down the Croydon Road going towards Carshalton).

However, as I previously mentioned, if you keep going straight along Purley Way (around a couple of miles) up to the old Lombard roundabout and turn left going along the Mitcham Road (obviously towards Mitcham), over on the right hand side was/is a small BM' dealer.
Yeah ive lived here for 20+ years and the way i go there is no bridge. You chuck a left at the lights where skoda is and you drive past the welcome to waddon sign and there is coopers. Beddington is further down as if you were driving towards asda.
Appreciate 0
      02-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #395
Black Steel
Private
England
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver51090 View Post
Yeah ive lived here for 20+ years and the way i go there is no bridge. You chuck a left at the lights where skoda is and you drive past the welcome to waddon sign and there is coopers. Beddington is further down as if you were driving towards asda.
The bridge is a railway bridge, trains coming and going from Waddon station to Carshalton Beeches. Jeez they must of closed the railway down and extended the area of Waddon!!
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2014, 08:33 PM   #396
oliver51090
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
The bridge is a railway bridge, trains coming and going from Waddon station to Carshalton Beeches. Jeez they must of closed the railway down and extended the area of Waddon!!
Cool story bro, compelling and rich.
Appreciate 0