E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Australia > E90 Aircon problems

07-05-2011, 02:02 AM   #1
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT

E90 Aircon problems

guys,

any idea or is a common problem that with the e90's the aircon stops working?

My mrs just called and said "the aircon has stopped working so i need a new car"......please help!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 07:02 PM   #2
pcockley
Banned
Rep
Drives: 335

Quote:
Originally Posted by whyw8 View Post
guys,

any idea or is a common problem that with the e90's the aircon stops working?

My mrs just called and said "the aircon has stopped working so i need a new car"......please help!
Not trying to be smart (well not tooo much) BUT is it turned on?!

her indoors, was complaining that the aircon in the toureg was not working and wanted me to have a look. I told her to take it to the shop and get them to look at it. So for a couple of weeks during the summer heatwave her and the kids sweated it out. Then she finally decided to ring and book an appointment. With all the bleeting about not having a car for a day or so, I relented and had a quick look and sitting in the car looking at the ac controlls i realised it was off and turned it on and said all fixed.

Then I get the blame look, like i turned it off.... Still makes me laugh at them all sitting there sweating like pigs on the way home from school in 40+ temps and no one thought to hit the ac button
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2011, 10:13 PM   #3
whyw8
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP Jerez Black DCT

haha gold!

i jumped in it this morning - all the controls work but no air coming from the vent....
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2011, 12:52 AM   #4
VGR00
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 430i Gran Coupe

I'm pretty sure the AC system just justs down when it runs out of gas. a quick re-gas at any aircon service place will get it going again.
Appreciate 0