E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > BMW of Stevens Creek, CA (Bay Area)

05-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
¶Pho€nix
Velocity Vector
Rep
Drives: me nuts

BMW of Stevens Creek, CA (Bay Area)

99.9% of the time I go there, sales people won't approach you unless you meet the following criteria:

1. Dressed like you have $$$, forget it if you're wearing shirts and jeans, or...
2. Looking around with who looks like your other half

Otherwise, it's difficult to get someone on the sales floor whether they're busy or not.

Service department, they're OK.
      05-11-2005, 08:22 PM   #2
mduchesne
Private
Rep
Drives: 06 Jet Black 330i

Yep I have had the same experience with them. Its pretty bad especially when you are 20 years old. Oh well, there loss.
Sports Package
Heated Seats
Sat Prep

ED on June 28th
Appreciate 0
      05-14-2005, 12:02 PM   #3
Athos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6-spd

The upside of this is that you don't have sales people constantly coming at you like piranha. I was at Stevens Creek yesterday looking at cars in the showroom and just out front, and they left me alone for about 10 minutes. A sales person finally walked by and in a pretty low key way asked if i needed any help but there was no pressure. I appreciate this approach given the opposite I usually experience (piranha) at a lot of car dealers.

Before I go to a dealer I have a name of a salesperson who seems to get good marks on boards like this. That way, if I need help, I just ask for the person. Usually, salespeople appreciate this and treat you better. I've heard good things about Dave Parker (haven't met him yet) at Stevens Creek so he might be the person to ask for. If I don't have a specific recommendation, I look on their site to see who the fleet or internet sales manager is. You don't want to get caught up dealing with a junior salesperson in my experience. I've also had good experiences if I call ahead, ask for a particular sales person, give them my name, and let them know I might be coming in.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2005, 07:48 PM   #4
tdhsteacher
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2006 330

When we first arrived, I got the same feeling-no pressure. When we were asked if we had any questions, I asked for someone that handles ED and was directed to Dave Parker. He's in charge of ED & the fleet manager. He's been there 12 years. He is super nice, real laid back and no pressure. I was comparing this dealer with East Bay and found Dave just a little nicer to work with. I got a nice price from BMW of Stevens Creek.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2005, 09:05 PM   #5
kahala12
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2003 330I

Dealer

I was in the bay area and actually bought my car from Peter Pan in San Mateo from Hank. He was very helpful and yes I was there to buy a car, I had jeans on too. They pretty much just let me look and told me If I have questions that he would be there but pretty much let me alone. I think thats just how BMW sells cars, you are there to buy a BMW, not like when your shopping for a ford or honda. So the cars sells themselves so the salespeople pretty much just leave you alone, unless you have questions then they are very helpful. I would recommened going to Peter Pan and talk to Hank he is very nice and probably beat pretty much everyone else on a price, as he did for me. Good Luck
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2005, 10:33 PM   #6
Athos
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i 6-spd

Incidentally, I've been to three dealers in the S.F. bay area in the last couple of weeks and Stevens Creek had the most e90s by far available to look at. They had 10 to 12 in the showroom or out front. I also visited Sonnen who has 2 or 3 and Weatherford who had 3 or 4.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2005, 10:21 AM   #7
configif
Rep
Drives: 06 JetBlack 330i

I brought an e90 for Stevens Creek the other day. It was the Second car i'd brought from them in the last year. I like working with John Drake. both times he has been great, he's a car guy himself so he gets it about the e90, not a lot a pressure.

The delivery guy (I forget his name) was great as well, he even went around the back and helped wax the car before running down the features etc.

I have been there and been "ignored" as well (my fashion sense isn't the greatest), but if I'm just kicking tires I dont get too worked up about it. However I do know how frustrating it can be if you're dying to get inside a locked car!

Iv'e had cars serviced there for the last few years and they have always been good. I think they just expanded their loaner fleet as well...
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 03:05 PM   #8
gsxrpaul
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Purchased my 325 from them on June 14th. I had actually emailed them a few times before. I went there in cargo shorts and a t-shirt. No one approached me, but that is because I went straight to the reception lady and asked to speak to a certain salesman. Glad I did, showed me a few cars, took them for test drives and walked out an hour and a half later with my new car. No pressure and only a little haggle on the price.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 04:10 PM   #9
Hossam
Private
Rep
Drives: 323Ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdhsteacher
When we first arrived, I got the same feeling-no pressure. When we were asked if we had any questions, I asked for someone that handles ED and was directed to Dave Parker. He's in charge of ED & the fleet manager. He's been there 12 years. He is super nice, real laid back and no pressure. I was comparing this dealer with East Bay and found Dave just a little nicer to work with. I got a nice price from BMW of Stevens Creek.

Dave Parker was not there for 12 years! I dealt with him at BMW of Mountain View (previously Allison BMW) in 2000!
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2005, 04:51 PM   #10
SV Concepts III
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW Duh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athos
The upside of this is that you don't have sales people constantly coming at you like piranha. I was at Stevens Creek yesterday looking at cars in the showroom and just out front, and they left me alone for about 10 minutes. A sales person finally walked by and in a pretty low key way asked if i needed any help but there was no pressure. I appreciate this approach given the opposite I usually experience (piranha) at a lot of car dealers.

Before I go to a dealer I have a name of a salesperson who seems to get good marks on boards like this. That way, if I need help, I just ask for the person. Usually, salespeople appreciate this and treat you better. I've heard good things about Dave Parker (haven't met him yet) at Stevens Creek so he might be the person to ask for. If I don't have a specific recommendation, I look on their site to see who the fleet or internet sales manager is. You don't want to get caught up dealing with a junior salesperson in my experience. I've also had good experiences if I call ahead, ask for a particular sales person, give them my name, and let them know I might be coming in.
I agree totally. In fact, 3 of us went to BMW of Stevens Creek at 10 at night to check out the E90 and they invited us into the showroom to look around (they were there late for a deal). They knew we weren't going to buy but we appreciated cars and all drove BMW E46's.
Appreciate 0
      07-23-2005, 06:55 PM   #11
chraft
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i

I got my 330i from SC BMW recently. I have been there a few times in the past few weeks and have to concur with the others that their salesmen do not pounce on you as soon as you step in. IMO that's great, gives you time to look around. Also, I don't think being left alone has anything to do with appearance, everyone was being left alone. My experiences with SC BMW has been great so far. Picked my car up recently, no problems with the order, came in exactly as configured. No last minute surprises.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2005, 11:36 AM   #12
tye01
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E90

I saw this thread and I just wanted to reply because I am in the state of alabama and my experience with the BMW dealership here is what I expected. I am a 25 year old african american male that went to Tom Williams BMW in alabama and when I first went on the lot I looked around for 10 minutes and I said no one has come out yet, so I said no problem because the sales reps are just giving me time to look around on the lot. I went through the door and I just started to look at cars and I see two sales reps sitting down in there chair just looking at me and trying to decide which one was going to get up and help me. When my future sales rep came over to me to ask if I needed any help, I got a feeling that he did not want to help me at first because he thought that I was just wasting his time and breathe by speaking. Long story short once my sales rep saw that I was serious he warmed up a little and he started to treat me like everyone should be treated if they are going to purchase a car or not. I would like to know your opinions on this matter if you would like to reply.

Would I be wrong once my 325i arrives and the survey is delivered to my home to give low scores to my sales rep because he has not called me about the status of my vehicle and I really don't need him due to this very helpful e90 forum.
Appreciate 0
      08-02-2005, 02:16 AM   #13
phantom701
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2024 i4 eDrive40

Quote:
Originally Posted by tye01
I saw this thread and I just wanted to reply because I am in the state of alabama and my experience with the BMW dealership here is what I expected. I am a 25 year old african american male that went to Tom Williams BMW in alabama and when I first went on the lot I looked around for 10 minutes and I said no one has come out yet, so I said no problem because the sales reps are just giving me time to look around on the lot. I went through the door and I just started to look at cars and I see two sales reps sitting down in there chair just looking at me and trying to decide which one was going to get up and help me. When my future sales rep came over to me to ask if I needed any help, I got a feeling that he did not want to help me at first because he thought that I was just wasting his time and breathe by speaking. Long story short once my sales rep saw that I was serious he warmed up a little and he started to treat me like everyone should be treated if they are going to purchase a car or not. I would like to know your opinions on this matter if you would like to reply.

Would I be wrong once my 325i arrives and the survey is delivered to my home to give low scores to my sales rep because he has not called me about the status of my vehicle and I really don't need him due to this very helpful e90 forum.
I don't think that is wrong, you are merely stating the fact.

I recently had a similar experience at a BMW dealership in Fremont, CA. I'm Asian by the way. I didn't mind the fact that they allowed me to look. But once I approached the podium and said I wanted a test drive, the sales people who are Asian as well, were very reluctant to help. Even worse, the sales person didn't say a single word the whole I was driving.

Guess if I bought a car from them.
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2005, 03:24 AM   #14
fatass
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom701
I don't think that is wrong, you are merely stating the fact.

I recently had a similar experience at a BMW dealership in Fremont, CA. I'm Asian by the way. I didn't mind the fact that they allowed me to look. But once I approached the podium and said I wanted a test drive, the sales people who are Asian as well, were very reluctant to help. Even worse, the sales person didn't say a single word the whole I was driving.

Guess if I bought a car from them.

Haha, that's hilarious, at least they gave you a test drive. Sometimes it's better than them trying to impress with you with their half assed knowledge of the product.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2006, 12:47 AM   #15
yoka
Nurburgring 9'14"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i MT (PP,SP,CW,Nav)

I purchased my 330i from Stevens Creek thru Dave Parker for European delivery. I must say, my experience there has been great (granted, it has only been with Dave, I never really interacted with anyone else since I went in and asked for the ED guy from the start). Especially since i'm only 22, and had been treated like shit at other dealerships (Freemont in particular), I was particularly surprised by the pleasant treatment I got there. He also readily engaged in a mini-pricewar which ended up giving me my car at only $250 over ED Invoice.

My two cents, I would recomment Dave Parker to anyone whose in the market for a European Delivery. He has been very professional and pleasant to deal with.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 04:53 PM   #16
Ryan 330i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E93 335i

see jimmy kahn. hes the internet manager. although hes a little kinky, hes gotten me a good deal, and everyone i sent to him has gotten the same deal or better deal. plus they have a great selection of new and used.

i have also heard good things about dave parker. my boss worked with him years ago.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2006, 05:35 PM   #17
matt20043.0
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2006 325i

If you are in the Central Valley in Ca go see Rodney at Valley BMW in Modesto. He was a great SA to deal with. No pressure and very personable.