E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW CREE LED Angel Eyes | 2-Year Warranty | 10W, 20W, 32W & 40W | Horizon LEDs

Closed Thread

12-28-2015, 08:19 AM   #683
NSean
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 320d

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSean View Post
I ordered the E90 LCI 40w "Extreme power CREE" angel eyes. I posted a 2/5 star review on the site, but seeing that all the other reviews on the 20w bulbs are all "5 stars" and there's no reviews on the 40w bulbs, I have a feeling that review will never "be approved by a moderator".

Anyway, fitting the bulbs was an absolute pain. The connectors in the kit were too thin for the connectors on my car, so they didn't have a good connection and easily fell out and disconnected. I had to modify my car's connectors to get them to grip into place. Also the screws in the kit wouldn't fit either, but I just used the stock angel eye screws, so I'm not sure why the screws in the kit are included. The bulbs themselves are very bright and I'm quite happy with them for now. They don't seem to flicker, although I haven't tried them for a long period of time yet.

So I would rate them 2/5, due to the bad connectors supplied with the kit making installation a total pain. If they were better I would rate them higher.

After reading other replies on this forum too I hope I don't have any problems with them but only time will tell.

Cheers.
WOW! My review from above was posted on the website, but they have doctored the score up from 2 stars to 4 stars.

This company is outright fraudulent and I will avoid them at all costs in future, and would advise everyone else on the forum to do the same.

Here's the link, for those wondering: http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/oem-led...led-angel-eyes

Last edited by NSean; 12-28-2015 at 08:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread