E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > ‘11 parasitic battery drain Constant fuel pump priming, start button light on

07-25-2019, 01:06 PM   #23
e90yyc
Art Collector
Rep
Drives: 2007 328xi (GM-delete 6MT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyH8n View Post
I wouldnt doubt it, I could give two fucks that you brought it back. MOST bmw owners dont even get their hands dirty, mercedes is even worse. I have a e550 coupe and any support on that is non existent.. Ive owned a good 20-30 vehicles, Ive never had a car in any shop anywhere.. I eventually figure it out.
Is it a requirement to be condescending when on a bmw forum in order to help? I didnt get the memo.. did you have anything RELEVANT to add to the thread? Keep in mind this does not only help me it helps others who search in the future, as I did for hours on end
Come on man... I don’t think what neilj35 said is condescending at all, and if it’s what I’ve been saying, I certainly didn’t mean to be. Anything I might have said that came across that way came from a place of perplexity and not from a desire to be rude. If that isn’t how it was taken, then I am sorry.

It sounds like it’s a good thing I didn’t read the unedited post.

Neil is right: we’re trying to help. If you’ve seen his posts, you’d he’s very knowledgeable. When a number of good suggestions are made but are seemingly ignored, it comes across as unappreciative. In a sense, it’s like saying, “thanks for the advice, but I think it’s actually this thing. Or that thing.” I’m sure you also don’t mean it that way, but it can seem like it at times.

What we’re trying to do here is help you figure it out. Both so you can avoid taking your car to the shop, as well as for posterity.

I do wish you luck in figuring this out.
      07-25-2019, 05:31 PM   #24
TheyH8n
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e93

Quote:
Originally Posted by e90yyc View Post
Come on man... I don’t think what neilj35 said is condescending at all, and if it’s what I’ve been saying, I certainly didn’t mean to be. Anything I might have said that came across that way came from a place of perplexity and not from a desire to be rude. If that isn’t how it was taken, then I am sorry.

It sounds like it’s a good thing I didn’t read the unedited post.

Neil is right: we’re trying to help. If you’ve seen his posts, you’d he’s very knowledgeable. When a number of good suggestions are made but are seemingly ignored, it comes across as unappreciative. In a sense, it’s like saying, “thanks for the advice, but I think it’s actually this thing. Or that thing.” I’m sure you also don’t mean it that way, but it can seem like it at times.

What we’re trying to do here is help you figure it out. Both so you can avoid taking your car to the shop, as well as for posterity.

I do wish you luck in figuring this out.

what advice has been ignored? I cant pull a computer program and cable out of thin air.. I do have a cable on the way though. Ordered a foxwell came today and they sent wrong model number had to re order..

for what its worth ive had the car on/off cycled today probably 10+ times and not a single battery error yet, or weird noise etc.. Odd
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2019, 07:53 PM   #25
TheyH8n
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i e93

been good for the last 4+ days with 0 issue. I went to put in the old battery today since its still good and return the old one in the process I blew the FRM apparently.. luckily there is as extended 156k mile 10year warranty on that unit. When I went to the dealer they also informed me I have an SULEV engine, and I have 150k miles/15 years on alot of things as well which was good news..
Appreciate 0