E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > Will M3 Individual Audio Spkrs Work w/HiFi?

02-25-2013, 04:33 AM   #1
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep
Drives: F32 435ix MSport

Garage List
Question Will M3 Individual Audio Spkrs Work w/HiFi?

Are the mid speakers and rear sail panel speakers from an M3 with 'Individual' audio system compatible with HiFi system?

Purchased M3 door panels that contain the Individual speakers and silver grilles - don't want to install the panels without switching out the speakers 1st of they are not gonna work...

I realize the Ind audio system has a much higher rated amp and more speakers than my current E92 HiFi system does - just need to know if the speakers will function adequately & sound as good, if not better than the HiFi speakers with a lower output HiFi amp - as I am not certain of the Ind speaker specs vs HiFi speaker specs?

And before anyone asks - I already have a buyer for them if they no gonna sound good with my HiFi amp
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:09 AM   #2
Technic
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2021 i3S, 2024 i4 M50

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...6&postcount=11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1QuikWS6 View Post
Are the mid speakers and rear sail panel speakers from an M3 with 'Individual' audio system compatible with HiFi system?

Purchased M3 door panels that contain the Individual speakers and silver grilles - don't want to install the panels without switching out the speakers 1st of they are not gonna work...

I realize the Ind audio system has a much higher rated amp and more speakers than my current E92 HiFi system does - just need to know if the speakers will function adequately & sound as good, if not better than the HiFi speakers with a lower output HiFi amp - as I am not certain of the Ind speaker specs vs HiFi speaker specs?

And before anyone asks - I already have a buyer for them if they no gonna sound good with my HiFi amp
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 05:12 AM   #3
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
And bam! There's my answer

I was searching for a post from you that would tell me one way or the other thru the myriad of threads

As always, you come thru - guess I'll leave em' in and go from there

Thanx
F32 435ix//MGM//M Sport-Prem-Tech-Driver Assist-Lighting-Cold Weather-Dyn Handling Pkgs//M4 Black Lthr Int w/M4 Alum Blade Trim//HK w/Bavsound Stg3//763M//M4 Euro LCI Tails//M4 Mirrors w/CF Covers//AWCarbon CF F/R Spoilers-Side Splitters-Diffuser 6WB/ID6 HU+HUD/IND M4 Alcantara Armrest//PURE S2 Turbo//AA FMIC+DP//ER CP+TIC//3.5bar TMAP/TS DV//AWE Tuning Exh w/Blk Tips//Turner MS CF Intake//BM3 Cary Jordan Tune//MPerf Diff//PrecRW Ignition Kit
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2013, 06:40 AM   #4
makkan00
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F83 and F36

Have you checked their impedance?
As most of them have funny impedance compared to hi-fi.
      02-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #5
1QuikWS6
No 55mph
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by makkan00 View Post
Have you checked their impedance?
As most of them have funny impedance compared to hi-fi.
I haven't personally, but I trust Technic info as he knows what the heck he's doing

He has apparently run these speakers with the HiFi system and claims they sound fine

Quote:
I would say that the EPS speakers and the SSMB8, when powered by the new HiFi OEM amp, sound much better than the OEM HiFi speakers. I was running that combo for about a week before installing the rest of the equipment and it was decently enjoyable.

I guess that anything will sound better than the OEM HIFi speakers, everything else being the same.
Here's the thread where he explains an install with the M3 EPS speakers & OEM HiFi amp, E70 X5 HiFi amp (to get 7 ch for center speaker), & finally with aftermarket amps:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=637056

Last edited by 1QuikWS6; 02-25-2013 at 09:53 AM..
Appreciate 0