E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC 6.5 inch screen, upgrade to and Android unit

06-05-2022, 04:38 AM   #1
E91d325
Rep
Drives: BMW 435d , and others....

CIC 6.5 inch screen, upgrade to and Android unit

Hi,

Switched from a 435d to a e92 320d- needs must for now🙃

Anyone the CIC 6.5 (business)? I think it's fairly old, I've got Bluetooth music etc

Looking at an android headunit...
There are very few images of what the CIC 6.5 screen system looks like on the new larger Android screns...
Anyone got any images?
I'm hoping it doesn't try to stretch the screen out and pixelate it all!

TIA

Ben
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2022, 03:08 PM   #2
Bobbych
Private
Rep
Drives: 3 series 320d 2010

I tried it, and it was not a great experience. The lower resolution of the business unit meant it was not a clear image on the android screen. You can set in the settings though how you want to see it. You can have it on the left of the screen, same 6.5 inch just on the left, or stretch it to fill the screen, which I did

Howevery issue was mainly the screen itself, it was too shiny to see anything on a bright day, so removed it and just fitted a mmi box to my original screen
Appreciate 0