E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > Help me please!

12-09-2016, 10:53 AM   #1
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Help me please!

Hi all,

I just replaced my E92 335i's suspension with Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro-kit about 2k kilometres ago. My car has about 98k kms now. The ride has been beautiful and smooth until recently when I'm starting to feel vibration and uneasiness in the car when it reaches 100kmh and above and also when I go over big bumps, I can feel the steering wheel have a fast shimmer and shake. I can really feel the steering wheel shake and shimmer when I go over big bumps at low speed. The rear suspension feels nice and composed over bumps and imperfections on road.

Have had a front wheel alignment, brand new Michelin PSS tyres all around on 19 inch 313M wheels (no cracks, perfect condition wheels)

Have replaced all my shock top and bottom mounts, coil perch springs, bump stops, strut gaskets, (practically everything holding the shock into place and around the shocks and springs).

Have replaced upper control arms at the 80k kms service by my mechanic with febi bilstein control arms with bushing pre pressed. There was black fluid leaking from the upper control arm bushing and he said that had to be replaced.

Replaced sway bar end links with adjustable sway bar end links by Hotchkis when I changed the stock suspension to Koni Yellows and Eibach Pro kit.

The lower control arms are also original from factory and the mechanic said that he tested them and they have no play in them and have no black fluid leaking out of them and so are in good shape.

The tie rods are original and looks to be in good shape also.

So I am absolutely stumped as to what may be causing this problem as my mechanic has said that the whole suspension and its components from looking under at the car seems to be in good shape. He says I could go mindlessly changing components like the lower control arms and tie rods and other things in order to try eliminate the problem through trial and error.

Anyone care to provide any insight into my problem?
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 04:27 PM   #2
martinblair
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2010 328i Touring

Garage List
Just out of curiosity, was the wheel alignment recent or right after changing out the suspension parts (shocks/struts)? I'm sure you likely had one done after the problem started - just wondering.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2016, 07:40 PM   #3
SE7EN335
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3 XDrive, 2023 IX M60

Quote:
Originally Posted by martinblair View Post
Just out of curiosity, was the wheel alignment recent or right after changing out the suspension parts (shocks/struts)? I'm sure you likely had one done after the problem started - just wondering.
I did front wheel alignment about 1k kms after changing out the suspension parts.
Appreciate 0