E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > 2009 328i crank no start; codes 2ACB, 2ACC, 2E85, Fuse 37 burns

04-05-2021, 01:07 PM   #1
bavareze
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

2009 328i crank no start; codes 2ACB, 2ACC, 2E85, Fuse 37 burns

2009 bmw 328i cranks no start.

upon researching i discovered F37 burned. I replaced. Engine started. After about 5 seconds the fuse F37 burns and the engine start jumping and I also see the battery warning light on the dash.

Battery is actually new.

F37 burning repeats, not an isolated incident.

What could cause it to burn ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 01:52 AM   #2
niteshadesc2
Rank Novice BMW owner.
Rep
Drives: 2009 328xi w/ CIC 6spd Manual

Found a thread that might help.
https://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1638055

Codes:
2ACB - DME - Mainerelay error
2ACC - DME digital motor electronics main relay, switch delay
2E85 - coolant pump, communication
F37 - This appears to be a front seat fuse (maybe a shorted circuit in your seats?)

Check the little fuse box in the engine bay (passenger side, rear of the bay under a cover) - there is some DME fuses in there - maybe one is blown and giving you grief.

As a general rule: when fuses blow in like 5 seconds, there is a short causing too much draw on that line. My guess is if the F37 fuse you are referencing goes to the DME, and if so, maybe the relay is toasty?

As for the coolant pump Error code: I resolved this by replacing the coolant pump, as I took this as a sign from god that my pump was about to fail. That being said, I would resolve the DME and engine issue before even thinking of dropping $300+ bucks on a coolant pump and thermostat and some hoses (while you are in there).
Hope this helps,

Niteshade

Hope this helps you.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2021, 02:40 AM   #3
F31B48
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW G21 E61 LCI

Quote:
Originally Posted by bavareze View Post
2009 bmw 328i cranks no start.

upon researching i discovered F37 burned. I replaced. Engine started. After about 5 seconds the fuse F37 burns and the engine start jumping and I also see the battery warning light on the dash.

Battery is actually new.

F37 burning repeats, not an isolated incident.

What could cause it to burn ?

Thanks
Fuse 37 on your car is the power supply to quite a few components, like the DME, coolant pump, Vanos solenoids, camshaft sensors and oil pump. There must be a short circuit along the orange wire somewhere. Link to wiring diagram here
https://www.newtis.info/tisv2/a/en/e...7-fuse/vEmrLZy

Have you had any work done on the car recently, like Vanos solenoids, camshaft sensors or coolant pump?? My guess would be there is a short in the power supply (orange wire) near the coolant pump or fault internally in the coolant pump.

Have a good look at the wiring to the pump to see if that orange wire might be trapped and shorting to earth. Also try disconnecting the pump and starting the engine. If it does stay running don't leave it going for too long
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2021, 05:10 PM   #4
bavareze
Registered
Rep
Drives: bmw 328i

a mechanic shop discovered: wiring harness to the water pump went melted, causing some short circuits. fixed.
Appreciate 0