E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > E91s For Sale

02-11-2024, 12:45 PM   #8053
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1999 911 C2 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
Well at least the saga of the totaled poverty spec e91 with a budget n54 transplant is over.
Don't count it out yet... a dealer bought it. Expect to see it pop up again in a month or so with a 10k markup.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 02:37 PM   #8054
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
The dealer was probably just a shill bidder. Why I never bid on anything till the last day.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:28 PM   #8055
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Atkinson View Post
Final follow-up for my saga with that totaled TX M-Sport (https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...8722703644809/)

Seller is completely nuts. Got 3 pictures of the rebuild (far away, grainy). Asked for more details, and got told that he won't say anything more unless its in-person. No wonder it hasn't sold. Either something is incredibly fishy with the rebuild, or this guy just isn't serious about selling. I'd steer clear personally.

View post on imgur.com
Haha, I remember that car when it was wrecked.
The right front frame rail was shoved up about 2ft from where it it is supposed to be.
Iirc, the right apron was also pushed back to the strut tower.
It’s been sold a few times since then I think.
I wouldn’t touch that unless it was reallyyyyy cheap.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 08:31 PM   #8056
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serf27 View Post
Haha, I remember that car when it was wrecked.
The right front frame rail was shoved up about 2ft from where it it is supposed to be.
Iirc, the right apron was also pushed back to the strut tower.
It’s been sold a few times since then I think.
I wouldn’t touch that unless it was reallyyyyy cheap.
Yikes! Good to know for sure. Seller right now seems absolutely nuts, only willing to talk about details locally, so I'm completely out. I hope someone here can get a deal on it and fix it properly - pics I've seen of the work don't inspire confidence.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:33 PM   #8057
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yup. Seller is now having a minor meltdown in the comments...
Hahaha.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:38 PM   #8058
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Yikes! Good to know for sure. Seller right now seems absolutely nuts, only willing to talk about details locally, so I'm completely out. I hope someone here can get a deal on it and fix it properly - pics I've seen of the work don't inspire confidence.
I didn’t look at the pics closely, but the panels seem to line up fine on the exterior.
The work done on the inside, who knows how they fixed it or if it was done somewhat properly.
I was going to buy it for parts because of how bad it looked.
Not wanting to give details over the phone is red flag no.1.

Price is ok if repairs were done properly and frame rail and apron don’t look like spaghetti, but I doubt it.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:42 PM   #8059
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I didn’t look at the pics closely, but the panels seem to line up fine on the exterior.
The work done on the inside, who knows how they fixed it or if it was done somewhat properly.
I was going to buy it for parts because of how bad it looked.
Not wanting to give details over the phone is red flag no.1.

Price is ok if repairs were done properly and frame rail and apron don’t look like spaghetti, but I doubt it.
I don't think the pics I got are the first stab someone had at fixing it. There's overspray on the washer fluid tank. That and there was a refusal to give me copy of invoices for any of the work that was apparently done under the seller's ownership.

I'm currently after a RWD E91 LCI, but this one really isn't it... unless I can see documentation for that work. And I'm not flying out to TX for that lol.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 08:49 PM   #8060
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Meh, repairs can be done at small body shops and paid cash where an invoice isn’t given. Invoices can also be fabricated.
I’d be more interested in photos during the repair process and detailed, close up photos of the frame rail and engine bay.
If there is overspray on parts, (which is a sign of cut corners) then they cut corners elsewhere too.
Appreciate 1
      02-11-2024, 08:51 PM   #8061
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Meh, repairs can be done at small body shops and paid cash where an invoice isn’t given. Invoices can also be fabricated.
I’d be more interested in photos during the repair process and detailed, close up photos of the frame rail and engine bay.
If there is overspray on parts, (which is a sign of cut corners) then they cut corners elsewhere too.
Yup. This is why I'm offput by it. Its not the invoices specifically, but generally if they're that uptight with basic info, thats not a great sign.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2024, 09:08 PM   #8062
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Another salvage bodge... got the VIN from the registration: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner

Googling the VIN (WBAUU3C53AA544855) yields a picture of the damage... and you can see that the rear door isn't fitting quite right. Plus the stupid lip spoiler. Top it all off with a non-responsive seller.

Given how many of these things I see completely trashed, I'm starting to understand why I'm having such a hard time finding a solid LCI...
Appreciate 1
      02-12-2024, 01:47 AM   #8063
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Another salvage bodge... got the VIN from the registration: https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...ssenger_banner

Googling the VIN (WBAUU3C53AA544855) yields a picture of the damage... and you can see that the rear door isn't fitting quite right. Plus the stupid lip spoiler. Top it all off with a non-responsive seller.

Given how many of these things I see completely trashed, I'm starting to understand why I'm having such a hard time finding a solid LCI...
Haha, I remember that one too and I considered it. But I didn’t want to deal with transportation and that quarter panel.
The body line that runs across the upset half of the body doesn’t match between the quarter panel and the doors and there’s a noticeable gap + bumper doesn’t line up well.

The body filler looks wavy and it tells me that 10/10, the quarter panel skin is wrinkled underneath the filler, the inner wheel well looks like bacon, the door is probably touchy to close, and I’d bet that door jamb doesn’t look too nice either

Still looks decent for the damage it had, but not at that price.
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2024, 04:19 AM   #8064
Randall
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G01 30i, E91 320dA

OMG this looks so bad

Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 05:23 PM   #8065
bmwnick
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

If anyone has an e91 m sport for sale please shoot me a PM!

Primary wants:
M sport
Transmission doesn't matter
Clean history/decent miles (sub 100 )
LCI
White/black/silver

Last edited by bmwnick; 02-13-2024 at 09:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2024, 09:11 PM   #8066
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

I guess I'll bump my WTB here too... Looking for a 6-spd LCI, ZSP or ZMP, ideally RWD, but I'll seriously consider AWDs that aren't suffering from New England Syndrome. Don't mind millage or minor cosmetic issues if its mechanically sound, looking for a driver.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 11:59 AM   #8067
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Question for people who have been closely following the E91 market longer than I... is this usually a slow time, or are all of the wagons finally all gone? I've been watching for a year give or take, and it feels like they've all dried up the moment I have the money to get serious... time of year, or has the demand just finally outpaced the supply?
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 12:30 PM   #8068
nycsuits
Rep
Drives: '08 E60 M5, '10 E91, '12 8V A3

Quote:
Question for people who have been closely following the E91 market longer than I... is this usually a slow time, or are all of the wagons finally all gone? I've been watching for a year give or take, and it feels like they've all dried up the moment I have the money to get serious... time of year, or has the demand just finally outpaced the supply?
I have a sneaking suspicion a large majority of recent owners with clean E91s are in the same category as me. Many great examples came up for sale in late 2020 through 2022 when they were going for crazy prices and I bought my clean E91 in mid-2022 near the peak of the market. Without even taking into account the thousands I've spent on required maintenance and preemptive maintenance, I am so deep into the car that I'd rather keep it and enjoy it.
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2024, 01:18 PM   #8069
L James
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: E91 328xi Touring

Quote:
This time of year the market is pretty quiet. I think they're out there. In about a month or two, you'll probably see some come out of the wood work. Also, try looking in the warmer climates if you don't mind buying remotely.

I bought my first E91 locally about an hour away from me in NJ. The second one was purchased out of California.

Best of luck on your search.
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2024, 02:53 PM   #8070
Onizukachan
Great Teacher
Rep
Drives: 06 e91 325ix

Garage List
2006 E91 325ix  [10.00]
2006 Mini r53 JCW  [0.00]
2005 Mini r53  [0.00]
In general, car market for used cars picks back up in spring, as weather improves, the slog of dark days and cold weather amd jsut driving to work amd back home ends, amd also people recover from holiday spending.

Then people start trading in / selling their old car and getting that “stimulus” aka tax refund to used for downpayment, thinking of summer and new vehicle for summer road trip don’t want to spend another winter in this one, etc…

At least that is the way I see it.

Except so cal, where they are seemingly always for sale everywhere, all th3 time.

December thru march seems to be the least “available” but Also the least demand. Followed by back to school.

A few OEM+ mods:
MTech front bumper, MSport wheel & handbrake, 4AD trim, full rear shades, more to come…
Appreciate 1
      02-15-2024, 04:27 PM   #8071
M-technik-3
Major
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, E36 M3, 328iT, 335i

Garage List
1995 M3  [9.00]
2007 E91  [7.25]
1988 M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizukachan View Post
In general, car market for used cars picks back up in spring, as weather improves, the slog of dark days and cold weather amd jsut driving to work amd back home ends, amd also people recover from holiday spending.

Then people start trading in / selling their old car and getting that “stimulus” aka tax refund to used for downpayment, thinking of summer and new vehicle for summer road trip don’t want to spend another winter in this one, etc…

At least that is the way I see it.

Except so cal, where they are seemingly always for sale everywhere, all th3 time.

December thru march seems to be the least “available” but Also the least demand. Followed by back to school.
Unless your looking for a convertible or motorcycle.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2024, 10:36 PM   #8072
Serf27
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
I have not seen a definitive time of year where the e91 market slows down for whatever reason. Maybe in other used cars there is, but the e91 is on its own. They’re either forsale or they’re not. Maybe in the next few months as others have said, they’ll pop up. People looking to squeeze a bit more $ out of them because of tax returns.

This thread used to have a lot more listed last year, not many posts now.
The demand is still there. I’d say for every e91 that pops up, there’s 5+ people looking at it.

You need to find out what you’re comfortable with when it comes to buying one.
Are you comfortable wiring a deposit on a car you haven’t seen in person? Or are you going to tip toe around a good deal? Are you open to different color combos/options?
I tell people that are looking for one to be ready for a purchase when a good deal pops up or you risk someone buying it before you do if you tip toe around it.
Most of the time, waiting a year+ means you’re waiting for the right spec or taking too long to to finalize a deal. But a RWD MT M Sport is highly desired and they’re gone quick, considering they’re not priced too aggressively, so I can see why it’s taking you a while.

One will pop up and be ready when it does.
Both of my M sports were paid sight unseen along with other cars that had the specs I wanted. E70 took me a year to find and had it shipped 2100 miles, haha.
Appreciate 2
      02-15-2024, 11:41 PM   #8073
H-Atkinson
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I have not seen a definitive time of year where the e91 market slows down for whatever reason. Maybe in other used cars there is, but the e91 is on its own. They’re either forsale or they’re not. Maybe in the next few months as others have said, they’ll pop up. People looking to squeeze a bit more $ out of them because of tax returns.

This thread used to have a lot more listed last year, not many posts now.
The demand is still there. I’d say for every e91 that pops up, there’s 5+ people looking at it.

You need to find out what you’re comfortable with when it comes to buying one.
Are you comfortable wiring a deposit on a car you haven’t seen in person? Or are you going to tip toe around a good deal? Are you open to different color combos/options?
I tell people that are looking for one to be ready for a purchase when a good deal pops up or you risk someone buying it before you do if you tip toe around it.
Most of the time, waiting a year+ means you’re waiting for the right spec or taking too long to to finalize a deal. But a RWD MT M Sport is highly desired and they’re gone quick, considering they’re not priced too aggressively, so I can see why it’s taking you a while.

One will pop up and be ready when it does.
Both of my M sports were paid sight unseen along with other cars that had the specs I wanted. E70 took me a year to find and had it shipped 2100 miles, haha.
Oh absolutely. I'm no stranger to sight-unseen buying, its how I got my 996. I'm ready to plunk a deposit down when the right car comes up... I would have had that grey ZSP in GA if I hadn't been chasing the wrong lead in terms of a listing buy some employee of the owner. Missed that one by something like a few hours - overall unlucky, but I'm at least glad to see it went to a member here. I'm just hoping another one like that comes up soon. My criteria here are kinda flexible, LCI, ZSP, ideally RWD, beyond that, who cares. CWP preferred, but no care in the world about color combo or other options. I think I'll find something, I'm just really kicking myself since I missed that one, and right after I missed it, everything dried up instantaneously.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2024, 08:57 AM   #8074
Reverend_Wrong
Rep
Drives: 2011 E91 328i ZSP 6MT

Quote:
Oh absolutely. I'm no stranger to sight-unseen buying, its how I got my 996. I'm ready to plunk a deposit down when the right car comes up... I would have had that grey ZSP in GA if I hadn't been chasing the wrong lead in terms of a listing buy some employee of the owner. Missed that one by something like a few hours - overall unlucky, but I'm at least glad to see it went to a member here. I'm just hoping another one like that comes up soon. My criteria here are kinda flexible, LCI, ZSP, ideally RWD, beyond that, who cares. CWP preferred, but no care in the world about color combo or other options. I think I'll find something, I'm just really kicking myself since I missed that one, and right after I missed it, everything dried up instantaneously.
Well, you can rest assured that one went to a good home. I'd been searching for a well maintained LCI ZSP RWD 6MT nearby for over 5 years. Only came across a handful and most had issues or priced too high (or outbid), and the two best examples were snagged before I could buy. I'd considered compromising on the RWD or sport package, but glad I held out. (My ZSP AT xDrive made the waiting more tolerable). When I saw that one on Auto Trader the dealer had my deposit within an hour of listing. He said about 12 people had contacted him about the car by the time he got my deposit. Got to be patient, but ready to move quickly and hope for a little luck; they are out there.
Appreciate 1