E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > AUDIO/VIDEO + BLUETOOTH + Electronics/Alarm/Software > 2006 330i with iDrive NO AUDIO

01-03-2018, 03:31 PM   #1
toryjlarsen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan (E90)

2006 330i with iDrive NO AUDIO

Hey there everyone, ive looked through about every thread that I can find about this.

I have no Audio in my 330i, it has an SOS malfunction every time I drive, no audio, no door gongs, nothing at all. I have used a fiber optic jumper on each module (amp, sat, tcu) nothing brings back my audio, and if I check each fiber optic connection, each one has the blinking red light from the connector. I checked the amp, it has a yellow blinking light inside which im led to believe that means the amp is good but there is a secondary module that is not communicating. Of course the car is way out of warranty now, and I bought it a couple weeks back and I have been trying each thing I can find to remedy the issue. Everything works minus the SOS malfunction and absolutely no audio.

Any Help Guys?
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 09:05 PM   #2
ctuna
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 325xi 06 wagon MT

http://www.bmwgm5.com/Logic7_6941681.htm

This amplifier has a diagnostic LED, which will show lots of things you most likely don't know about. Here you can see where it is located. So look at that LED, turn on the radio and look at it:
basically: blinking yellow -check or bypass sat tuner or Bluetooth tel module no yellow- amp is bad steady yellow but no sound or bad sound- amp is bad

the above is from the following link

http://www.bmwlogicseven.com/?p=3837

which has the best price on amp repair plus
some more info.

Funny all the alarms but the PDC should come out of the speaker under the dash on an 06 . But on most other years it comes out of the stereo for all the alarms. Might not be that way on Nav/idrive L7 system though.

The above indicates that putting the jumper on the amp and having the SOS error go away is a further confirmation the amp is bad.
But all the modules on the most bus could be bad.
You might want to check the most bus hub just to be sure it looks OK . One guy swapped out a bunch of modules only to find Rats had chewed his fiberoptics near the hub.

Last edited by ctuna; 01-03-2018 at 09:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2018, 12:47 AM   #3
ptpending
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e91

this is good instruction but you do not neet to cut shell of the most loop
but if you do not want spend money you can exclude most modules on MOST junction as a wrote in other threads
      01-10-2018, 11:29 AM   #4
toryjlarsen
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i Sedan (E90)

Hey guys... Great news, I actually found the culprit. I have been chasing down the fiber optic lines, I popped off the driver side kick panel under the steering wheel... and what do ya know, there was a fiber optic line just dangling there. It is supposed to be connected to an input that is mounted on the kick panel itself, so I plugged it in, turned on the car and everything was back to working order, sound and all and no SOS malfunction. I bought the car like this, and got a great deal because the sound wasn't working. Soooooo $1000 knocked off the purchase price and I was able to fix it for$0 because whoever owned it before had disconnected it.
Appreciate 0