E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Bimmerlabs 330i Tune DIY Step by Step

01-08-2021, 10:23 AM   #375
E92William
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 328xi

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
I have noticed that Chinese disa valve plastic is a bit softer but since I bond the shaft to the flap it doesn't really matter to me as it won't break but it's definitely a telltale sign of what's being done inside.. also the plastic housing itself which has the green gasket is a lot softer too and tends to flex a lot side to side compared to OEM.

It actuating backwards is usually a board issue that something there was built or put backwards. I have never seen or had one actuate that way, you should record it.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 11:43 AM   #376
mattpete13
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 e91 6mt

So happy to find this thread today.

Now to find 3 hours to read it!
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:08 PM   #377
neilvan
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 09 E90 335i M-Sport 6MT RWD

Garage List
Curious, Are the 330 flashes locked to a certain VIN/model of car or are they a little flexable.

I'm about to flash my fathers friends 328 after the 3 stage install. I have the software all set up from my brothers 09 328; Both have the MSV80 ecu.

Do I have to get him to create an account and get a tune or will it be the same thing as the one I currently have set up? Does manual/auto, rwd/x-drive make a difference for these flashes ( Doubt body style and year do)?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 03:37 PM   #378
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 bluewater 328i LCI sedan

I would create an account and put in the VIN and all the specs, just to make sure. Technically you should be fine, but never hurts to do something quick. Honestly you could make up an account for him if you knew all the info. If the site has one off the shelf for those specs then it will appear almost instantly.
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2021, 04:05 PM   #379
rjahl
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Garage List
2012 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewater328 View Post
I would create an account and put in the VIN and all the specs, just to make sure. Technically you should be fine, but never hurts to do something quick. Honestly you could make up an account for him if you knew all the info. If the site has one off the shelf for those specs then it will appear almost instantly.
Unles you know exactly what you are doing, use the correct VIN for the car.
Appreciate 5
      01-16-2021, 01:53 PM   #380
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 1M, 14 X5 x35i

I've spent a good amount of time getting ready to use this free tune.

Got the bimmergeeks cable
Installed the tools from their website.
Skipped the steps to delete folders and instal Daten files

Now I would like to test to make sure the cable works properly. So I run inpa. I get the two black dots. But there are no chassis codes to select. Any tips on getting the chassis codes to appear?
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2021, 06:18 PM   #381
E92William
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by markslc1 View Post

Now I would like to test to make sure the cable works properly. So I run inpa. I get the two black dots. But there are no chassis codes to select. Any tips on getting the chassis codes to appear?
Can you take a picture of the screen? Usually chassis codes are accessed through F buttons. Weird that they don't show though. What happens if you touch say F3, does it show anything? Also once you delete the folders you're supposed to replace them with the ones provided.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:36 AM   #382
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92William View Post
Quote:

Can you take a picture of the screen? Usually chassis codes are accessed through F buttons. Weird that they don't show though. What happens if you touch say F3, does it show anything? Also once you delete the folders you're supposed to replace them with the ones provided.
Quote:
Quote:

Here is what I see with the cable plugged into the pc but not the car. No chassis to choose from.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 01:42 AM   #383
E92William
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
That's weird never had that happen before. Idk if that would be causing by missing the daten files because as far as I know they are for flashing with winkfp. I would try going over the instructions again and see if you missed anything or reinstalling. Have put inpa in 3 PCs already without that issue
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 12:55 PM   #384
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Here is what I see with the cable plugged into the pc but not the car. No chassis to choose from.
Do you have the switch all the way to the right on the plug?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:04 PM   #385
eljay
Colonel
Rep
Drives: ///M + E91

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you try pressing F3?
Perhaps only the labels are messed up and not showing.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 10:33 PM   #386
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eljay View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you try pressing F3?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you try pressing F3?
The latest bimmergeeks cable has no switch. It's now a button. Still not sure which is the correct setting for the car. Hitting f3 does nothing. I wonder if you can tell if the cable is recognized based on the pic above.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 01:14 AM   #387
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you try pressing F3?
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Did you try pressing F3?
The latest bimmergeeks cable has no switch. It's now a button. Still not sure which is the correct setting for the car. Hitting f3 does nothing. I wonder if you can tell if the cable is recognized based on the pic above.
Check your COM settings in the USB devices section of Device Manager. Are you running in simulation mode?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 11:14 AM   #388
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep

I ended up reinstalling everything using this tutorial. It's better than the instructions on bimmerlabs.

Now inpa can see the cable and I see all the chassis. Thanks all
Appreciate 1
      01-18-2021, 11:31 AM   #389
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep

Spoke too soon. Yes inpa now works but winkpf now gives me the following errors. It was running prior to my latest reinstall. The difference this time is that I deleted the folders and copied them back. Any ideas?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      01-18-2021, 10:06 PM   #390
E92William
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Quote:
Spoke too soon. Yes inpa now works but winkpf now gives me the following errors. It was running prior to my latest reinstall. The difference this time is that I deleted the folders and copied them back. Any ideas?
Have you downloaded the sp Daten files? It looks like it looking for them to me
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 12:28 AM   #391
Savedamanualse90
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6spd n52

I wonder how long ago are these bimmerlabs tunes updated? Can anyone confirm and how to read those version numbers associated to the tunes 🤓🤔
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 12:15 PM   #392
markslc1
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No I haven't. The bimmerlabs instructions are confusing. Says you can skip that step. But I'll go ahead and try to download them. Seems like you can't just download them all at once with the size/speed restrictions.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 12:36 PM   #393
E92William
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Just get mega premium or whatever it is I think it's 5 bucks. I figure if I have to spend more than an hour dealing with restarting the download I'm actually losing money by not spending the 5 for a month or week premium since I make more than that an hour of course and I'm throwing it away doing that
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 06:24 PM   #394
E92William
Banned
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW 328xi  [0.00]
Flashed the car back to the stock 330i tune this evening. After speaking with @rjahl he told me the fuel trims, vanos and airflow tables would be off with the mafless tune and the new o2 sensor position which is of course further away from the cylinder head with the catless headers. This won't be a fix but at least the car will now see airflow coming into the engine through the MAF sensor so I think it will help. It needs a proper bimmerlabs performance tune for the headers though. Drives great either way as of now just weird cold starts. Updating some information for anyone here that might have headers or has them already.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-19-2021, 09:35 PM   #395
mike5124
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 325i (E90)

Garage List
2006 BMW 325i  [0.00]
Quote:
There is a quick fix for this if you do not want to download the E89 SPDatens and just get the 330i Flash over with.

Copy and paste the gdaten folder:
To: C:\EC-APPS\NFS\DATA\

This should clear up the issue and WinKFP should start normally. This is what I did without grabbing the E89 daten files.
Appreciate 1
E92William1998.00
      01-19-2021, 10:45 PM   #396
bluewater328
Colonel
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Flashed the car back to the stock 330i tune this evening. After speaking with @rjahl he told me the fuel trims, vanos and airflow tables would be off with the mafless tune and the new o2 sensor position which is of course further away from the cylinder head with the catless headers. This won't be a fix but at least the car will now see airflow coming into the engine through the MAF sensor so I think it will help. It needs a proper bimmerlabs performance tune for the headers though. Drives great either way as of now just weird cold starts. Updating some information for anyone here that might have headers or has them already.
So this is just because you added catless headers, correct?
Appreciate 0