E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > 2009 bmw 335xi 0-60/quarter mile times?

08-21-2019, 10:57 AM   #1
gavin_0108
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi 6MT

2009 bmw 335xi 0-60/quarter mile times?

Hey all, newbie here
Recently purchased a 2009 bmw 335xi 6mt. Went and got it inspected and there was no problems so I decided to purchase jb4 and DCI's for it and also plan to get a catless downpipe, charge pipe, and potentially a FMIC.

I've been scavenging the forums looking for 0-60 and quarter mile times but haven't been able to find anything really in regards to specifically the xdrive models.

I know this is probably in the forums and I looked a little, is there a difference between JB4 and JB4 ISO? If so what's the difference?

Thanks, Gavin
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #2
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
it's slower than rwd

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:00 PM   #3
ewicky
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 335xi 4D AT

is your DCI stock location or passenger side relocation?
If you haven't already purchased, def go for full relocation. Stock location DCI doesn't fix the problem with the stock system; the location.

ISO just means isolated boost controller (as opposed to a boost controller that just adds a few PSI to the stock boost request). It is better software combined with literally cutting a little jumper off an old non-ISO board.

Catless pipes are going to be loud, stinky, illegal (at least if you venture into the US), and unfriendly. If the car is for street driving purposes, please take serious reconsideration. The cats are not a big bottleneck on this car; they are already high-flow. If you are actually making enough power to need wider exhaust (ie you have upgraded turbo(s)) then an even high-er flow cat would still be preferable for street cars. This isn't the 80's, when cats robbed like 20% power LoL.

AWD in many traction scenarios is going to be faster than RWD. The advantage becomes more pronounced the more power you're making (as your two wheel counterparts will just keep spinning power gains into smoke).

RWD, on the other hand, has the advantage of calling in sick when it snows.

Edit: Why are you asking/why are you concerned with 0-60/quarter mile times? nobody knows what your specific car is going to be. Just go drag it.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:14 PM   #4
gavin_0108
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2009 BMW 335xi 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewicky View Post
is your DCI stock location or passenger side relocation?
If you haven't already purchased, def go for full relocation. Stock location DCI doesn't fix the problem with the stock system; the location.

ISO just means isolated boost controller (as opposed to a boost controller that just adds a few PSI to the stock boost request). It is better software combined with literally cutting a little jumper off an old non-ISO board.

Catless pipes are going to be loud, stinky, illegal (at least if you venture into the US), and unfriendly. If the car is for street driving purposes, please take serious reconsideration. The cats are not a big bottleneck on this car; they are already high-flow. If you are actually making enough power to need wider exhaust (ie you have upgraded turbo(s)) then an even high-er flow cat would still be preferable for street cars. This isn't the 80's, when cats robbed like 20% power LoL.

AWD in many traction scenarios is going to be faster than RWD. The advantage becomes more pronounced the more power you're making (as your two wheel counterparts will just keep spinning power gains into smoke).

RWD, on the other hand, has the advantage of calling in sick when it snows.

Edit: Why are you asking/why are you concerned with 0-60/quarter mile times? nobody knows what your specific car is going to be. Just go drag it.
Good to know I was just curious as to what the times might look like is all.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
type-dRew
Major
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i xDrive

My 2009 Xi automatic has done a best of 11.9 @ 116 tune and intercooler only in good air and a best of 12.3 @ 114 in terrible air.

You defintely want the best intercooler you can afford, and definitely do a mhd back end flash with that jb4. And if you have access to ethanol, may as well plan for a fuel pump so you can run aggressive ethanol blends for when you want some real fun.
New setup; Covid 19Ts on RFP 93 + ARM inlets, dp, VTT cp and PSP outlets
Appreciate 0