E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Audison Bit DMI - any experience?

08-28-2015, 03:25 AM   #1
ROBS3
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport

Audison Bit DMI - any experience?

***Newbie alert***

As you can see, I'm new to the forum, although I have been reading through the wealth of post and information on here for a little while.

I've got an E90 that is in need of an audio upgrade, it currently has the base system (although tweeters have been fitted) and after reading through various threads I've decided to go down the Gladen Extreme, Mosconi DSP route. It has also been suggested that I get an Audison Bit DMI installed and wondered if any of you have any experience of this bit of kit, especially with the Gladen/Mosconi set-up?

I like to do things right the first time round but this bit of kit retails at around £600 - am I going to hear £600 worth of improvement?

There isn't much in terms of reviews out there, all I can see are people having issues with the rest of the Audison range?

Any input is much appreciated!

Cheers
Rob
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 06:20 AM   #2
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I just installed a bit dmi in my e92. What would you like to know?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 06:27 AM   #3
ROBS3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaza01 View Post
I just installed a bit dmi in my e92. What would you like to know?
Basically, if it's worth the additional £££ with the system I'm looking to have installed?
Can I ask what your setup consists of please? and do you rate the DMI?
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 07:21 AM   #4
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

I too was looking at the Gladen Extreme kit with Mosconi DSP amp and I'd say try it first before deciding. It is a lot of money to spend when there is uncertainty as to whether it will offer you extra over and above what you are already looking at.

It's very easy to just go all out in one go but the only problem with that is you don't then really know what has made the difference or not from each separate component. You can easily add the DMI afterwards without too much hassle I would have thought and then get your car coded accordingly at that point.

Last edited by RajB; 08-28-2015 at 07:28 AM..
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 08:24 AM   #5
ROBS3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajB View Post
I too was looking at the Gladen Extreme kit with Mosconi DSP amp and I'd say try it first before deciding. It is a lot of money to spend when there is uncertainty as to whether it will offer you extra over and above what you are already looking at.

It's very easy to just go all out in one go but the only problem with that is you don't then really know what has made the difference or not from each separate component. You can easily add the DMI afterwards without too much hassle I would have thought and then get your car coded accordingly at that point.
Thanks RajB!
That was my main concern - if I didn't fit it with the rest of the equipment would it be a ballache to fit post install.
Thanks for the advice
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 08:40 AM   #6
RajB
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBS3 View Post
Thanks RajB!
That was my main concern - if I didn't fit it with the rest of the equipment would it be a ballache to fit post install.
Thanks for the advice
Well I've not had any real dealings with the DMI etc but from what I can see it fits inline pre DSP.
      08-28-2015, 08:48 AM   #7
singh21
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Would like to know also what difference this makes to my ears?
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2015, 06:10 PM   #8
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

My system
Bit DMI
Bitone
Hertz hdp4 x2
Jl audio 1200/v3
Morel components all round
Jenhert underseats
Jl 13w7 in a ported box

Benefit of the dmi is u get no quality loss from the HU. The difference of a dmi in a good system is like TV shopping only time u can really compare is when they are side by side. I was sold when i played a cd of mine in a car with a dmi. The clarity blew me away but when i got back to my car it was more a memory of how good the dmi was rather than feeling like my then non dmi system was rubbish
Appreciate 1
      08-30-2015, 03:25 AM   #9
ROBS3
Rep

Quote:
My system
Bit DMI
Bitone
Hertz hdp4 x2
Jl audio 1200/v3
Morel components all round
Jenhert underseats
Jl 13w7 in a ported box

Benefit of the dmi is u get no quality loss from the HU. The difference of a dmi in a good system is like TV shopping only time u can really compare is when they are side by side. I was sold when i played a cd of mine in a car with a dmi. The clarity blew me away but when i got back to my car it was more a memory of how good the dmi was rather than feeling like my then non dmi system was rubbish
Nice install you've got there and thanks for your input! Great way to put it!
Are we right in thinking that you can fit the DMI at any point? As mentioned before it would be good to hear the sound system with and without it before committing.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2015, 02:35 PM   #10
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Yes the dmi can be installed at any point provided ur dsp accepts an optical input from a toslink cable.

Where are u based? Happy for you to have a listen of mine
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 03:25 AM   #11
ROBS3
Rep

Quote:
Yes the dmi can be installed at any point provided ur dsp accepts an optical input from a toslink cable.

Where are u based? Happy for you to have a listen of mine
That's good of you gaza01. I'm around South West London, where are you?
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 04:21 AM   #12
beemarman
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M850ix Convetible

Got mine from eBay for £350. It's defo. worth it as it means no noise from your headunit to your DSP.

With my old system I used speaker input to my Audison bit 1, but once I changed to the bit DMi to the Bit .1 the difference was night and day. The clarity when playing CD was amazing. As long as you have the right equipment (speakers,amp and good source) you just can't go wrong with adding a DMi to your setup.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 12:28 PM   #13
ROBS3
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by beemarman View Post
Got mine from eBay for £350. It's defo. worth it as it means no noise from your headunit to your DSP.

With my old system I used speaker input to my Audison bit 1, but once I changed to the bit DMi to the Bit .1 the difference was night and day. The clarity when playing CD was amazing. As long as you have the right equipment (speakers,amp and good source) you just can't go wrong with adding a DMi to your setup.
Cheers for your input - better start scanning ebay then
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #14
gaza01
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

SW london?...not a million miles away. I'm in SE london. Can easily arrange to meet up with you at some point. Let me know and we can arrange.
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2018, 04:04 PM   #15
angenet
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 520 G30

Hi Guys

Reading your post about the DMI.. just got the hertz mile 5 and the audison prima set for my g30...looking to go the full with adding an hertz dsp and audison DMI ... but the extra ££ is a lot...
anyone here can help with pointing me to the right place for DMI Coding?
Thx
Appreciate 0