E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > HPFP, Low Press Sensor or NOX Sensor?

09-24-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
simonlpearce
Registered
Rep
Drives: E91 325

HPFP, Low Press Sensor or NOX Sensor?

Hello everyone, new member here, based in UK.

Just purchased an E91 325 LCI (N53B30). Car drove fine on the test drive, and then drove fine all the way home, some 200 miles. Then when i jumped in it to pop to the shop only a few minutes after getting it home, it goes into limp mode and engine management light comes on.

Left the car overnight, then started again in the morning and problem was gone, for the time being.

It seems the problem only comes back, once its been on a journey and got to full temp, switched off, then switched back on again. Doesn't do it on short trips when cold, and doesn't do it over long distances, unless i pull up at a petrol station then try to drive away again before its fully cooled down. It will clear itself with a few restarts.

Anyhow just about managed to get INPA partially working and it shows the following errors codes. Codes have been cleared and same ones return.

DME/DDE
29F3 – Fuel Pressure Sensor (Low Pressure Fuel Sensor)
2AAF – Fuel Pump Plausibility
2B07 - NOx sensor, electrical
2B06 - nitric oxide sensor, Lambda linear
2AFB - nitric oxide sensor, Lambda binary
3104 - not sure on this, seems to be a symptom, not the cause
30E6 - nitric oxide sensor, dynamics
2A2D - 2D2A Differential Pressure Sensor, suction pipe: adaptation
29F2 - Fuel high - pressure control, open circuit/no signal
29D0 - COMBUSTION FAILURE : CYLINDER 4 DETECTED

Any ideas on course of action? From the many threads online containing these codes, it seems the most likely culprit is the Low Pressure Fuel Sensor? Would that be a logical place to start?

I am not sure it is the HPFP as it starts first time, and i though a long crank was a sign of HPFP.

Also would this problem cause the NOX sensors to throw errors, or is that a separate issue?

Would welcome any thoughts or advice.
Appreciate 0