E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > Sac valley member chat thread

09-26-2013, 02:05 PM   #3147
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawwailok View Post
oh i have more than that done, LOL. serpentine belt has been replaced, megatronic sleeve on the auto tranny has been replaced, oil filter housing gasket has been replaced. and soon, my oil pan gasket and turbo line feeding will get replaced cuz they are slowly sipping drop of oil recently but not major.

and i may send my oil to blackstone lab to test and make sure my motor is running healthy. other than that i really don't see anything major. i mean bushings and such they will wear out in the matter of time and i know those are normal too, not limited to bmw only.

They are supposed to change the oil filter gasket and pan gasket on every oil change. Sometimes I wonder about dealers. I have a friend who took his car to Roseville Nissan for an oil change, took it home and dip stick was still black. But was like meh, whatever. Took it again 6 months later, same thing but that time he told the manager it was still dirty.. Manager apologized and 30 min later it was clean. So what are they doing? topping it off? Our BMWs can't be checked like that very well since there is no dipstick. For me, Liqui Moli 5W-30 is all I run.

Or maybe it is time for a new engine LOL. You can be the first in the Sac area with a M5 E90.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #3148
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335I X-Drive E90

Quote:
oh i have more than that done, LOL. serpentine belt has been replaced, megatronic sleeve on the auto tranny has been replaced, oil filter housing gasket has been replaced. and soon, my oil pan gasket and turbo line feeding will get replaced cuz they are slowly sipping drop of oil recently but not major.

and i may send my oil to blackstone lab to test and make sure my motor is running healthy. other than that i really don't see anything major. i mean bushings and such they will wear out in the matter of time and i know those are normal too, not limited to bmw only.
Damn, thats more than i realized. I wouldn't worry about the gaskets though unless their leaking. That is unless you plan to replace them yourself and its only costing you the gaskets.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:05 PM   #3149
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 335i, E70 X5

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
They are supposed to change the oil filter gasket and pan gasket on every oil change.

i hope you are just kidding about that. i think you misunderstand oil filter housing gasket and oil pan gasket. those ARE not something you normally change unless they start leaking.

oil filter housing gasket requires you to take out the whole oil filter housing unit in order to get it replace. oil pan gasket which is underneath the car, and on e9x design, you have to drop the whole front sub-frame in order to get to it, which takes about 3 hrs...
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:15 PM   #3150
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 14' GMC Terrain SLT-2

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
they are NGK 1 degree colder Iridium plugs. which r the one i just switched last week. car runs much smoother on those plugs. worth to upgrade it since we are running at least 100hp over stock, it is recommended.
Quote:
Originally Posted by buster84 View Post
VNeBLOB42, When you changed your plugs i recommended the ngk to you since it was what i had. I guess you forgot lol (it's also in my signature)
Yeah, I have read that there wasn't a much need to do NGK, so I didn't bother. But I'll try em next time.

SOLD:: PTF Pro eTune by Dzenno / COBB S1+ E50
Alpina B3 Flash / ETS FMIC / ER CP / CPE DCI
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:25 PM   #3151
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42 View Post
Yeah, I have read that there wasn't a much need to do NGK, so I didn't bother. But I'll try em next time.
trust me brother, its no placebo effect. seeing is believing. i love those damn plugs, experienced by changing some newly 1500 miles oem plugs to the NGK.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 03:43 PM   #3152
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
trust me brother, its no placebo effect. seeing is believing. i love those damn plugs, experienced by changing some newly 1500 miles oem plugs to the NGK.
I believe ya! in no hurry to do it again for the winter.

Appreciate 0
      09-26-2013, 04:35 PM   #3153
enigma99a
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2018 ZCP M3

Quote:
i hope you are just kidding about that. i think you misunderstand oil filter housing gasket and oil pan gasket. those ARE not something you normally change unless they start leaking.

oil filter housing gasket requires you to take out the whole oil filter housing unit in order to get it replace. oil pan gasket which is underneath the car, and on e9x design, you have to drop the whole front sub-frame in order to get to it, which takes about 3 hrs...
My bad haha
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 01:47 AM   #3154
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
got my rear door actuator replaced. much faster and easier than i thought. from start to finish only need 20 mins. but from what i read, both front doors are a bitch tho...
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 10:14 AM   #3155
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
got my rear door actuator replaced. much faster and easier than i thought. from start to finish only need 20 mins. but from what i read, both front doors are a bitch tho...
right on! i know who to call now. HA-HA

lovin this cold weather, my car seems to like it.

seems to get rid of my power issue.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #3156
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Haha we'll thats good that you got it fixed. Dont forget to get your old parts from the shop as well. That bucket with pump is a good backup incase yours ever goes fully out.

Quote:

power issue? Are you just referring to when the outside temps are lower, the IAT's are lower bringing you more power?
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 01:54 PM   #3157
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Haha we'll thats good that you got it fixed. Dont forget to get your old parts from the shop as well. That bucket with pump is a good backup incase yours ever goes fully out.
for sure, dropped off my car to my friend's shop around 9 and they already delivered the car back to me, snapped me a pic to ensure the tube is back on the other lid with the nipple. i will go out to the car in a bit and open that up myself to confirm.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 01:56 PM   #3158
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

hahaha, yea as long as you provide the part, i'll provide the labor IN CASE IF yours go out (im not jinxing you but just saying if it ever goes out)

front doors require to loosen the window actuators and play around some room but i don't think that's a big deal since i stuck half of my head inside the door skin last night just to poke around what's inside look.
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 02:54 PM   #3159
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:

power issue? Are you just referring to when the outside temps are lower, the IAT's are lower bringing you more power?
well I am having, what I think is Timing and or fuel related. It is very tough to describe. Essentially when in 2nd gear (not only 2nd gear, but primarily) at low RPMs I hit half throttle, my power is flat lined, then towards higher RPM, the power kicks in. It isn't consistent, which leads me to believe I have some issue to my tune. Typically i can spin the tires in 2nd gear, but when this issue happens, I can't. The power isn't very responsive, like it hesitates.

I noticed today and yesterday evening I didn't have the power loss, and was feeling the responsiveness of the power at lower RPMs.

It almost feels the car is starving for, fuel, air, something, Then boom, the power comes in at higher RPMs. don't know how else to describe it. it comes and goes.

the colder air temps comment was more of an coincidence. don't think that had any affect to my issue.

Oh, my logs look freaking outstanding. can't find anything wrong. LPFP is not bad. going to look into my vanos, going to log intake and exhaust req vs act and see if it's off.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #3160
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
well I am having, what I think is Timing and or fuel related. It is very tough to describe. Essentially when in 2nd gear (not only 2nd gear, but primarily) at low RPMs I hit half throttle, my power is flat lined, then towards higher RPM, the power kicks in. It isn't consistent, which leads me to believe I have some issue to my tune. Typically i can spin the tires in 2nd gear, but when this issue happens, I can't. The power isn't very responsive, like it hesitates.

I noticed today and yesterday evening I didn't have the power loss, and was feeling the responsiveness of the power at lower RPMs.

It almost feels the car is starving for, fuel, air, something, Then boom, the power comes in at higher RPMs. don't know how else to describe it. it comes and goes.

the colder air temps comment was more of an coincidence. don't think that had any affect to my issue.

Oh, my logs look freaking outstanding. can't find anything wrong. LPFP is not bad. going to look into my vanos, going to log intake and exhaust req vs act and see if it's off.
You know what. I had that same issue for the last month. It was strange. I even had issues at WOT, although i think it was the down kick. I would switch lanes and go WOT, but it would speed for a moment then stop, then boom a flash of power. It was weird, but i was having that issue in the mid rpm range like you, then recently one of my coils totally broke and stop firing. I wondering if its related to the coils? I ordered a new set and I'm running a borrowed one from Eric. I'm still getting a little hesitation, but not as bad as before. Once i replace all the coils I'm hoping that the hesitation is gone by then.

Looks like they got delivered today I'll be putting them in soon.
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 03:58 PM   #3161
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
You know what. I had that same issue for the last month. It was strange. I even had issues at WOT, although i think it was the down kick. I would switch lanes and go WOT, but it would speed for a moment then stop, then boom a flash of power. It was weird, but i was having that issue in the mid rpm range like you, then recently one of my coils totally broke and stop firing. I wondering if its related to the coils? I ordered a new set and I'm running a borrowed one from Eric. I'm still getting a little hesitation, but not as bad as before. Once i replace all the coils I'm hoping that the hesitation is gone by then.

Looks like they got delivered today I'll be putting them in soon.
yeah, was thinking of doing that. My coils are 67k old, with exception of #2 cyl. My logs look too damn good. Thinking i would get a misfire before i had to do that. I just put in plugs last month. Let me know how it goes. maybe i just have to bite the bullet and get coils.

Appreciate 0
      09-27-2013, 10:27 PM   #3162
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
yeah, was thinking of doing that. My coils are 67k old, with exception of #2 cyl. My logs look too damn good. Thinking i would get a misfire before i had to do that. I just put in plugs last month. Let me know how it goes. maybe i just have to bite the bullet and get coils.
We'll after putting them in, doing a full reset with all adaptations on the procede everything looks good. So far no codes or issues, but earlier today before switching them out i got P29CD again, so far it hasnt come back and the idle is good. The Procede Still needs to adapt more for fuel, but the air fuel ratio was good all the way till i let off the gas. I did a full 3rd gear pull, once it shifted i let off.

http://www.datazap.me/u/buster84/pro...-procede-reset
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)

Last edited by buster84; 09-28-2013 at 12:33 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 12:20 PM   #3163
carlos916
Semper Fi
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 ///M5

Garage List
2008 E92 328i  [5.00]
sup guys.. kinda bummed... someone swiped my car yesterday while i was at work in front of my house.. its not so bad but they got the front corner of the drivers side bumper and even got a bit of my rim so off to the body shop it goes on monday..
      09-28-2013, 12:43 PM   #3164
buster84
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos916 View Post
sup guys.. kinda bummed... someone swiped my car yesterday while i was at work in front of my house.. its not so bad but they got the front corner of the drivers side bumper and even got a bit of my rim so off to the body shop it goes on monday..
That sucks, when you say swiped do you mean another car swiped you or someone walked by and swiped it?

Any pictures?
2007 Bmw X5 (Sold)
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2013, 02:22 PM   #3165
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by enigma99a View Post
They are supposed to change the oil filter gasket and pan gasket on every oil change. Sometimes I wonder about dealers. I have a friend who took his car to Roseville Nissan for an oil change, took it home and dip stick was still black. But was like meh, whatever. Took it again 6 months later, same thing but that time he told the manager it was still dirty.. Manager apologized and 30 min later it was clean. So what are they doing? topping it off? Our BMWs can't be checked like that very well since there is no dipstick. For me, Liqui Moli 5W-30 is all I run.

Or maybe it is time for a new engine LOL. You can be the first in the Sac area with a M5 E90.

If my N51 ever explodes, I will do something like this LOL!
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 10:38 AM   #3166
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
WTF? old GF?

Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 10:42 AM   #3167
lawwailok
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VNeBLOB42
Quote:
WTF? old GF?
Appreciate 0
      09-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #3168
VNeBLOB42
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
007 335i E92  [7.66]
Quote:
We'll after putting them in, doing a full reset with all adaptations on the procede everything looks good. So far no codes or issues, but earlier today before switching them out i got P29CD again, so far it hasnt come back and the idle is good. The Procede Still needs to adapt more for fuel, but the air fuel ratio was good all the way till i let off the gas. I did a full 3rd gear pull, once it shifted i let off.

http://www.datazap.me/u/buster84/pro...-procede-reset
which coils do you use? and where do you get them? ECS seems to be a good deal. OEM.

Appreciate 0