Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Hub Centric Wheel Spacers

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

09-14-2018, 06:38 PM   #1
M_Torx
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M

Hub Centric Wheel Spacers

I Didn't find a thread on just clearing up the confusion on non hub centric vs hub centric spacers I am 100% sure if you buy high quality wheel spacers that are hub centric I.e. Burger Motorsport...with high quality proper length bolts there are no disadvantages what are your thoughts..?
      09-17-2018, 10:22 PM   #2
Antetokounmpo
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 6MT FBO; '18 F150 Platinum

Garage List
it changes your scrub radius and decreases your effective spring rate so there are some potential disadvantages. not a huge deal though unless you're going crazy big on your spacers.

2008 335xi 6MT | VRSF Catless DP | VRSF 7" FMIC | VRSF CP | TIAL BOV | DCI | MHD 2+
BC Racing BR | Stoptech 600 | Firehawk Indy 500 255 Square | Atric Altimax 225 Sq.
2018 F-150 Platinum 701A | FX4 | 3.5 EcoBeast
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2018, 08:50 AM   #3
Socket
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2008 BMW E92  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP888 View Post
I Didn't find a thread on just clearing up the confusion on non hub centric vs hub centric spacers I am 100% sure if you buy high quality wheel spacers that are hub centric I.e. Burger Motorsport...with high quality proper length bolts there are no disadvantages what are your thoughts..?
Ive been running spacers for years with zero issues
Just make sure that you have the right length wheel bolts to match your spacers
Plenty of people just throw on spacers with stock bolts, which is just down right dangerous
But with the proper length bolts and proper installation (flush against the hub) only problem you will have is people admiring your fitment
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #4
Expert@ApexWheels
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: M3

We've had hundreds of customers run our spacers on their cars without issue. As long as you purchase a high quality spacer along with the properly sized extended hardware, you should be just fine.

Note that any spacer smaller than a 12mm will not be a true hub-centric spacer. 5mm spacers are generally safe as they do not completely eliminate the oem hub lip. But check out our article here as to why we have not produced a 10mm spacer.

If there are any questions we can help with, don't hesitate to reach out.